LaVar Arrington speaks on Whitner, Campbell trade

billsevans

Dont know if you guys remember Campbells college career at Auburn. But it was much the same as his pro career for the first three years. Glimpses of good things but over all disappointment. Then his senior season Auburn brings in a new OC and something just clicked with him. Campbell had a great senior campaign and went on to boost his draft status accordingly.

I dont know how much seriousness there is to Whitner for Campbell rumor. But i would not want to give up much more then Whitner for Campbell. Bills will need ever pick if they are serious about switching to the 3-4. And inproving the Oline.

Dont know if you guys remember Campbells college career at Auburn. But it was much the same as his pro career for the first three years. Glimpses of good things but over all disappointment. Then his senior season Auburn brings in a new OC and something just clicked with him. Campbell had a great senior campaign and went on to boost his draft status accordingly.

I dont know how much seriousness there is to Whitner for Campbell rumor. But i would not want to give up much more then Whitner for Campbell. Bills will need ever pick if they are serious about switching to the 3-4. And inproving the Oline.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Campbell

A 2000 graduate of Taylorsville High School in Taylorsville, Mississippi, Campbell went on to play college football at Auburn. As a starter he had a different offensive coordinator every year, finally finding success in his senior year when he led the Tigers to an undefeated season in 2004 and was named the SEC Player of the Year and MVP of the SEC Championship Game. Campbell held the record for the longest touchdown completion in Auburn football history, an 87 yard pass to Silas Daniels in a 2004 matchup versus Louisiana Tech, until Auburn's 2009 game against LA Tech (93 yards by Chris Todd). Campbell graduated from Auburn with a degree in public administration.

Being SEC player of the year and leading a team to a national championship is a disappointment? You have insanely high expectations then.

Auburn didn't win the national championship. USC did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auburn_Tigers_football

The undefeated 2004 squad (13–0) finished second in the AP and Coaches Top 25 polls, but the team was awarded the 2004 Fanspoll.com People's National Champion title.

I guess you're techinally right though it seems hard to believe a team from the SEC that goes undefeated is a runner up. But obviously the college football system of awarding championships isn't flawed at all. :thumbsup:

draft pick donte whitner/jason campbell By lavar

what are your thoughts on a trade for a safety and draft pic for jason campbell? i think the redskins should do their best to get jason out of here. i can not stomach how these guys have treated jc over the last two years anymore. look i understand jc has not won a superbowl, or been named league mvp. i get that but why has jc been treated with such utter disregard? seems to me much of the same things are going on this offseason! what do you think?

Here is the link LaVar's Website

Maybe Lavar is griping because he was treated poorly in DC too.

He and Gregg didn't get along.

Also - the biggest EXCUSE for JC is that he has had multiple OC's over the past 3 years. (just like the half dozen we've had in Bufflo)

He's akin to Jake Plummer, Jay Cutler, Derek Anderson - Not what we need.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auburn_Tigers_football

I guess you're techinally right though it seems hard to believe a team from the SEC that goes undefeated is a runner up. But obviously the college football system of awarding championships isn't flawed at all. :thumbsup:

Is Fanspoll.com run by Auburn grads? Auburn won their bowl game 16-13, USC won 55-19. Despite the flaws in the BCS, I think picking USC was the right choice that year.

This was the last time that the SEC was overlooked. Who knows what would've happened if Auburn had played USC. What do you do with three or four unbeatens? Playoffs!

Jason Campbell is not worth trading for. If we trade Whitner, we need to trade for draft picks. Picking up Campbell would be another desperation type move by the Bills. I don't think he'd be the answer at QB. I've seen enough Skins games as well and totally agree with the Virginia contingent.

Is Fanspoll.com run by Auburn grads? Auburn won their bowl game 16-13, USC won 55-19. Despite the flaws in the BCS, I think picking USC was the right choice that year.

This was the last time that the SEC was overlooked. Who knows what would've happened if Auburn had played USC. What do you do with three or four unbeatens? Playoffs!

Jason Campbell is not worth trading for. If we trade Whitner, we need to trade for draft picks. Picking up Campbell would be another desperation type move by the Bills. I don't think he'd be the answer at QB. I've seen enough Skins games as well and totally agree with the Virginia contingent.

That's kinda of the point. When a team can go undefeated in arguably the best conference in America (the Pac 10 isn't close) and not have a shot at a title, that's a very flawed system. But any way you slice it, Campbell had a great senior season.

Todd Collins has no problem picking up the system.

He doesn't have the physical attributes that Campbell has and he wasn't a first round pick but he clearly is the better QB.

When others are picking up the system faster than Campbell, I consider him slow.

Redskins fans are fed up with him...they stopped making excuses for him years ago.

JC actually regressed this year. Another excuse is his OL sucked and it did for this year. But he has played under various lines in different years and he has sucked in all of them.

I have watched all Bills and Redskins games for years they are my two teams I follow. (Bills will always be the favorite)

He may not have the physical tools but I would take Fitz over Campbell any day of the week...and Fitz is a bum.

Todd Collins has no trouble picking up the system? Then why didnt he win the job outright over Campbell the past 2 years?

He regressed this year? Hows that possible based on these stats:

2008:

Attempts: 506

Completions: 315

%: 62.3

Yards: 3245

TD: 13

INT: 6

Yards per Attempt: 6.4

Yards per Completion: 10.3

Rating: 84.3

Sacked: 38

Lost Yards due to Sack: 266

2009:

Attempts: 507

Completions: 327

%: 64.5

Yards: 3618

TD: 20

INT: 15

Yards per Attempt: 7.1

Yards per Completion: 11.1

Rating: 86.4

Sacked: 43

Lost Yards due to Sack: 285

To me it looks like the only basis of your argument is that he threw more interceptions. He has one more attempt in 09 then he did in 08 but had more completions, 7 more TD's, better yards per attempt, better yards per completions, a higher rating, sacked 5 more times and only gave up 19 more yards on sacks.