The Official Canada Olympic Hockey Thread

thebug

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA your just pissed off cuz your from probably from Quebec :nana: im just kiddin man i dont have nothin against newfys or quebec people. But i do think that Canada is so F'n big that its like we are not even in the same country and the culture is very different. We are way more american down here. Oh and haha thats real funny when you say there nothin to do in Ontario when 1/3 of Canada's pop. lives down here plus i live right next to the falls where the night never ends.

I'm not taking it personally. I'll just say that on my way to watch a Bills game last year, I stopped off at Niagara Falls for the Saturday night. Needless to say, the bars closed at 2am and the bartenders weren't very busy. I guess I'm just used to something different here :cry:

Except that the Leafs/Habs suck right now so it's like watching two douche bags scrap it out...

And this is coming from a Habs fan.

True enough, especially the Leafs. But those games are still crazy. Imagine how things would be if they were both competing for the division. Quite a few years ago when Carolina went to the Cup, we were so close to having a Leafs-Habs conference final. It would have been amazing.

And I have to admit, as a Leafs fan, the Leafs/Habs games in Montreal are the best, period. Went to my first one on halloween, and the atmosphere was like nothing else, and for an early regular season game at that.

haha. thats funny. re: Kid with flag.

but yeah, I cant stand that crap. Its so insulting. "all canadians should not be allowed to come to the stadium". "People from Buffalo/US are all arrogant, fat, and stupid". We're just fat and stupid. Only some of us are arrogant.

I wish all the citizens on both sides of the border realized how awesome of a thing we have. I think Canadians... especially those in Ontario and Quebec, hold a resentment towards the US, especially due to the Bush years and the US's military might and squandering of military lives. Perhaps without the US military might, Canada may not be able to exist as it is.

I root for Canada in all things once the US is eliminated. In the dark days of Tkachuk, Roenick, Hull, etc I would root for Canada over the U.S.

Really...this is the US attitude that Canadians find really annoying. As a nation, Canada has always fought BY America's side and been their most loyal ally. Americans who claim "if it wasn't for us, Canada wouldn't be around." really grinds Canadians gears. Last I checked, Canada has never been invaded and hasn't needed the US to fight its wars for them.

Don't let a hockey game for a piece of metal bring out the worst in you, regardless of what country you're from. The Canadians chanting F*** USA after the game are the same drunk morons who boo the Canadian anthem like Boston fans did last year during the playoffs. Every nation has morons, don't let them paint the picture of what a country is.

Now, back to the actual game....I was one of the few who actually said it was going to be a Canada-US final. Miller is too good a goalie right now and the US is a well-rounded team. That being said, I think the US beating Canada was the best thing that could have had to them. To be beaten on home ice hurt their feelings and it gave them an extra game to work on their team chemistry.

Honestly, the most impressive team to me in this tourney was the Swiss.

haha. thats funny. re: Kid with flag.

but yeah, I cant stand that crap. Its so insulting. "all canadians should not be allowed to come to the stadium". "People from Buffalo/US are all arrogant, fat, and stupid". We're just fat and stupid. Only some of us are arrogant.

I wish all the citizens on both sides of the border realized how awesome of a thing we have. I think Canadians... especially those in Ontario and Quebec, hold a resentment towards the US, especially due to the Bush years and the US's military might and squandering of military lives. Perhaps without the US military might, Canada may not be able to exist as it is.

I root for Canada in all things once the US is eliminated. In the dark days of Tkachuk, Roenick, Hull, etc I would root for Canada over the U.S.

Add Chelios to that list.

You do realize that the "National" in NHL doesn't mean the U.S., right?

So how many Canadian teams in the NHL? Oh yeah, 6. And how many American teams? Oh yeah, 24. There would be no NHL if it weren't for America. Yes, there are twice as many Canadian players, but where would those guys play if the teams weren't mostly in the U.S. What the previous poster was saying, was that if Canada is so great, then why don't they have their own league that is better than the NHL?

So how many Canadian teams in the NHL? Oh yeah, 6. And how many American teams? Oh yeah, 24. There would be no NHL if it weren't for America. Yes, there are twice as many Canadian players, but where would those guys play if the teams weren't mostly in the U.S. What the previous poster was saying, was that if Canada is so great, then why don't they have their own league that is better than the NHL?

How many of those US teams sellout, How many of teh Canadian Teams sell out every game. Im from The Good Ol USA, but Canada is better at hockey then the USA, just like the USA is superior to Canada in football. Yea the Gap may be shrinking, but right now canada still has teh edge.

Cant wait for the Gold Medal Game. A quote from a dead terrorist: "We kick your a$$" :thumbsup:

This IS "their own league." And if rich American businessmen are willing to pay millions of dollars to own a franchise in it, all the better.

Really...this is the US attitude that Canadians find really annoying. As a nation, Canada has always fought BY America's side and been their most loyal ally. Americans who claim "if it wasn't for us, Canada wouldn't be around." really grinds Canadians gears. Last I checked, Canada has never been invaded and hasn't needed the US to fight its wars for them.

i wonder why :thumbsup:

It's unfortunate that Canada doesn't have the economy to have more teams in their cities, but it doesn't mean they're any less dedicated to hockey. I don't consider the sunbelt franchises teams, I consider them disgraces to hockey. Canadians live for hockey much like we Buffalonians live for football. I don't blame the canucks who feel bitter when a Winnepeg or a Quebec city has to watch their teams go to cities who couldn't care less about having a team. We're dealing with the same issues they dealt with per the Bills staying in Buffalo. Buffalo is identified by its football team and watching it go to LA where they could care less would be the same disgrace.

That being said I still want to kick their ass soooo bad in the Gold Medal game. :thumbsup:

Are people really arguing that the US > Canada in terms of hockey?

Not even close. Their olympic team is a lot better. The US stole a preliminary round game... which is great for US hockey fans. Unfortunately, then game was watched by less people than the NFL Pro Bowl. In Canada, the game broke viewing records.

It would be enjoyable if the US can beat Finland, and then Canada/Slovakia,