The Official Canada Olympic Hockey Thread

thebug

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Team Russia is clearly an overrated joke. Their coach couldn't make adjustments, Nabokov played one of the worst games I have ever seen from a goaltender, and their team defense was atrocious. How that garbage-pale team was ever favored to win anything is beyond me. They suck.

Canada better be ready for Sweden. They're gonna play a hell of a lot better game than Russia did.

I couldn't believe it when he was still in the net to start the second period.

What is "The Official Canada Olympic Hockey Thread" doing on this site? Wrong sport, wrong country.

But what really has me PO'd is that most spectators at today's US vs. Switzerland (today) were rooting for the Swiss and most of those spectators were wearing Canadian Olympic Jerseys. USA hockey has come a long way, far enough that the country that invented the sport of hockey doesn't want to see the one of tournaments best team make it to the medal rounds. Dare I say, the Canadians fear the US hockey squad. They even made excuses and pulled arguably the best NHL goalie ever for a local favorite. Just think, the average age of the US team is around 24-26 and will be an international force for some time.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

What is "The Official Canada Olympic Hockey Thread" doing on this site? Wrong sport, wrong country.

But what really has me PO'd is that most spectators at today's US vs. Switzerland (today) were rooting for the Swiss and most of those spectators were wearing Canadian Olympic Jerseys. USA hockey has come a long way, far enough that the country that invented the sport of hockey doesn't want to see the one of tournaments best team make it to the medal rounds. Dare I say, the Canadians fear the US hockey squad. They even made excuses and pulled arguably the best NHL goalie ever for a local favorite. Just think, the average age of the US team is around 24-26 and will be an international force for some time.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

FYI a lot of bills fans are Canadian so thats why. Like T.O said, the bills are North America's team. Oh and the spectators (who were mostly Canadian) were rootin for the swiss because everybody outside of the US cant stand Americans, especially there sport teams. After the beating the Canadians put on Russia tonight and Canada's desire to get revenge against the US i believe that it is the Americans that should be scared of the Canadians :thumbsup:

FYI a lot of bills fans are Canadian so thats why. Like T.O said, the bills are North America's team. Oh and the spectators (who were mostly Canadian) were rootin for the swiss because everybody outside of the US cant stand Americans, especially there sport teams. After the beating the Canadians put on Russia tonight and Canada's desire to get revenge against the US i believe that it is the Americans that should be scared of the Canadians :thumbsup:

Most Americans can't stand Canadians arrogance in the sport of hockey...and FYI...My neighbor insulted the United States of America once......ONCE!

Canada lost to the U.S. at the only thing Canada is good at. They shouldn't even be a country anymore.

Haha, may as well enjoy it while it lasts. You guys are screwed.

And when you're as good as Canada at hockey, you're allowed to be arrogant. The talent pool we have to choose for is so deep. Countries being able to send one team doesn't highlight Canada's dominance because surely every country can round together a 23-man roster that can compete. Canada could send four teams and have a chance at ranking 1-4 in the tournament.

That being said, I'm impressed by the US team this year. They're build like a real hockey team with two scoring lines and two energy/checking lines. Finland/US is going to be a very interesting game, and Slovakia/Canada should be good too, the Slovaks are asserting themselves as a world hockey power.

One of the things that you need to learn about Americans is that we fear noone. And as far as other countries hating America we know it is out of jealousy. Canada may well beat America later in the tournament if both teams make it to the gold medal game, but I can promise you that no American fears another country, particularly Canada. I am an American living in Newfoundland and am very well aware of how Canadians feel about America. They compare everything Canadian to everything American and pretend that their way is better, when deep down they really know better. If Canadian "culture" is so great, how come noone up here watches Canadian TV? Everyone watches the U.S. networks except the ones that the Canadian government won't let us have like ESPN, FX and USA. The only show worth watching on Canadian TV is "Republic of Doyle". Canadians kill me with their "holier than thou" attitude towards America and Americans, when they clearly want to be her. I have lived here for almost seven years because my wife grew up here, and I can find not one thing in Canada that I find better than anything American and that includes your sucky health care system. I waited over a year for a simple out patient procedure that would have taken less than a week to get in the U.S. and after having a heart atttack, I had to wait almost a year to see a cardioligist. Trample off hoser!

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

It's a cowards reaction to fear an opponent who gave you a previous smack down. I on the other hand am rooting for a USA - Canada rematch, that was a fun game to watch...

Anything with Official and Canada in it i have to laugh at... HAHA :thumbsup: (Just kidding by the way) but i have to talk smack...

I want a US Canada Rematch that was by far the best game i have watched in a very long time. Players wearing their emotions on their sleeves. Both teams have to be careful not to look past their semi opponets though could be a classic case of that. Especially for Canada not that Sweden lost.