Stand in line with me, to punch NBC in the face!

Lv-Bills

hey name caller!.. it IS about politics!.. FYI, NBC is the most liberal network on the planet, HENCE, HENCE!, the reason they cannot get the olympic coverage right, get it JACKASS!???, LIBERALS GET EVERYTHING WRONG, MUCHLESS HOW TO COVER SPORTS.. what the f- is olbermann on sunday night football?. he is a clueless liberal, brings his liberal mindset to the table on that coverage..

Too bad it's not on FOX. Then we would never have to watch any of those games involving those commie teams.

:doh:

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on your first post, and it is a judgment (you asked for it). Whether or not the producers of NBC are making a bad programming call has nothing to do with politics, and any sane person here can recognize that.

Paging DC Tom...

my opinion, not judgment, is based on how NBC operates. they are clueless. as i am seeing they appeal to most of the people on here, like-minded,liberal, uninformed . guess i should do as most liberal's like, i should keep quiet . let the people listen to rachel maddow and go on my way

my opinion, not judgment, is based on how NBC operates. they are clueless. as i am seeing they appeal to most of the people on here, like-minded,liberal, uninformed . guess i should do as most liberal's like, i should keep quiet . let the people listen to rachel maddow and go on my way

Dude, what about our apostrophe lesson?? Let's try it again:

WRONG: Sarah Palin should sue her elementary school and many of the community college's she flunked out of for providing her limited educational opportunitie's.

RIGHT: Go Bills!

Your a !@#$in moron. Obama is NOT ruining America. How the !@#$ can people like you forget that Bush !@#$ed up America and Obama has to deal with all the crap that he left them! :doh: Your f'n retarded and pathetic. People like you are the reason why a lot of other countries cant stand Americans. Which is sad because most Americans are intelligent and good people.

I hate this statement. Any NON-American who is remotely intelligent knows that there is a difference between foreign policy and a US citizen. The other ridiculous part of your statement would assume that other countries are perfect and without flaw. It's simply an ignorant statement buddy.

There is a forum for political discussion. Bring it there. Someone started this thread to discuss the Olympics, and by taking away from that and focusing the attention on yourself through a ridiculous post, you have been inconsiderate to the original poster and to anyone else who wants to discuss what he/she posted about.

People don't want your type of post here, not because of your position, but because this isn't the right place for it. So go on your way, as you said you would.

that is what you get when liberal's run anything!,,.look at what friggin obama is doing to the country, then you can understand why you get a cluterf----- when the olberman's of the world run anything, its not him, but his way of thinking permeates nbc's!

Equating Olberman to Obama =/= judgment. :doh:

Implying that all of NBC's producers think like Olberman =/= judgment. :worthy:

Implying that all liberals do is !@#$ things up, all of the time =/= judgment. :D

Thanks for opening my eyes <_<

Also,

Implying that I watch NBC for news. :worthy:

Implying that I'm liberal. :rolleyes:

Implying that I watch Maddow's show. :rolleyes:

I think I'm done here.

Dude, what about our apostrophe lesson?? Let's try it again:

WRONG: Sarah Palin should sue her elementary school and many of the community college's she flunked out of for providing her limited educational opportunitie's.

RIGHT: Go Bills!

ok ok, wow, just wonder how many people (even if they hate palin)actually give a sh-t about her apostrophe miss-use, dont you think you are digging a little TOO much.. making the school analogy.. wow.. but i am glad she bothers liberal's like you that you have to resort to that kinda thing.. its very telling

Equating Olberman to Obama =/= judgment. :doh:

Implying that all of NBC's producers think like Olberman =/= judgment. :worthy:

Implying that all liberals do is !@#$ things up, all of the time =/= judgment. :D

Thanks for opening my eyes <_<

Also,

Implying that I watch NBC for news. :worthy:

Implying that I'm liberal. :rolleyes:

Implying that I watch Maddow's show. :rolleyes:

I think I'm done here.

i will lay odds you are a teacher, far removed from reality.. just a guess..

ok ok, wow, just wonder how many people (even if they hate palin)actually give a sh-t about her apostrophe miss-use, dont you think you are digging a little TOO much.. making the school analogy.. wow.. but i am glad she bothers liberal's like you that you have to resort to that kinda thing.. its very telling

how is it telling . The chick is a train wreck , run her in 2012 and lose 40 states.

:doh:

There is a forum for political discussion. Bring it there. Someone started this thread to discuss the Olympics, and by taking away from that and focusing the attention on yourself through a ridiculous post, you have been inconsiderate to the original poster and to anyone else who wants to discuss what he/she posted about.

People don't want your type of post here, not because of your position, but because this isn't the right place for it. So go on your way, as you said you would.

:worthy::D:worthy::rolleyes:

I'm just about done with this because I've had my laughs, but here's a little insight for you. If Sarah Palin runs for president and wins the republican nomination, a democrat (Obama, if he chooses to run for re-election) will win the White House in the next national election cycle. She's just like Howard Dean would have been in 2004. Too far right (vs. Dean's left), and too stupid (vs. Dean's airy intelligence) to appeal to the middle. She's nice for all of the evangelicals who hate abortion and want to hear a pretty face articulate the message, but if she wins the Republican primary, Obama or any other democrat who doesn't drool on himself or herself will destroy her by following the Rove plan - let others make her look stupid, treat her with kid gloves personally and avoid stooping to her level. So, contrary to your point, come 2011 and 2012, all of those "liberals" for whom you show disdain will be busting out their "Palin for President" buttons. Bank it, and vote for her in the PA or NJ republican primary.

I'm just about done with this because I've had my laughs, but here's a little insight for you. If Sarah Palin runs for president and wins the republican nomination, a democrat (Obama, if he chooses to run for re-election) will win the White House in the next national election cycle. She's just like Howard Dean would have been in 2004. Too far right (vs. Dean's left), and too stupid (vs. Dean's airy intelligence) to appeal to the middle. She's nice for all of the evangelicals who hate abortion and want to hear a pretty face articulate the message, but if she wins the Republican primary, Obama or any other democrat who doesn't drool on himself or herself will destroy her by following the Rove plan - let others make her look stupid, treat her with kid gloves personally and avoid stooping to her level. So, contrary to your point, come 2011 and 2012, all of those "liberals" for whom you show disdain will be busting out their "Palin for President" buttons. Bank it, and vote for her in the PA or NJ republican primary.

i totally agree with you, you nailed it, but i NEVER brought palin up!, some other, maybe you, brought her into this mix, not me. but the mere fact she is such a lightening rod for liberals cracks me up. she is not a viable candidate, but i hope she keeps bothering liberals , makes for good laughs!

I can think of a few reasons why the schedule is the way it is.

1) Canadian Olympic officials set the schedule for the preliminary round, and wants US vs Canada in prime time, where it will be shown on CTV in its entirety because all of Canada is looking forward to this game.

2) NBC wants to show programming with the broadest appeal, i.e. events that appeal to women and most Americans who really don't follow hockey. With Sunday prime time being the biggest audience of the week, NBC would rather show the ice dancing, plus go back and forth to other events, in order to maximize ratings. Devoting a 3-hour slot exclusively to hockey would probably be ruinous to their ratings, given the poor history of US viewership of hockey.

3) Given all this, NBC does have an outlet to show the US vs. Canada game in its entirety, although not on its flagship network, but yes, on a cable network without HD. Their thinking is that anyone who was interested in the game will go the extra mile to seek it out.

Certainly if you are a fan of hockey, which I assume everyone here is, then you would disagree with the programming decisions. However, I can understand why they are doing this. And guess what? It has nothing to do with politics- liberal, conservative, or otherwise.

True. :doh::worthy: Sometimes I like this sidebars here because it shows just how liberal the Bills board is!

:D

I can think of a few reasons why the schedule is the way it is.

1) Canadian Olympic officials set the schedule for the preliminary round, and wants US vs Canada in prime time, where it will be shown on CTV in its entirety because all of Canada is looking forward to this game.

2) NBC wants to show programming with the broadest appeal, i.e. events that appeal to women and most Americans who really don't follow hockey. With Sunday prime time being the biggest audience of the week, NBC would rather show the ice dancing, plus go back and forth to other events, in order to maximize ratings. Devoting a 3-hour slot exclusively to hockey would probably be ruinous to their ratings, given the poor history of US viewership of hockey.

3) Given all this, NBC does have an outlet to show the US vs. Canada game in its entirety, although not on its flagship network, but yes, on a cable network without HD. Their thinking is that anyone who was interested in the game will go the extra mile to seek it out.

Certainly if you are a fan of hockey, which I assume everyone here is, then you would disagree with the programming decisions. However, I can understand why they are doing this. And guess what? It has nothing to do with politics- liberal, conservative, or otherwise.

+1

EDIT: Nobody will channel hunt for bobsled and ice dancing... They will for hockey.

i totally agree with you, you nailed it, but i NEVER brought palin up!, some other, maybe you, brought her into this mix, not me. but the mere fact she is such a lightening rod for liberals cracks me up. she is not a viable candidate, but i hope she keeps bothering liberals , makes for good laughs!

Being the staunch INDY that I am, she doesn't bug me. Her fans bug me because evertime I meet one, I have to ask the very uncomfortable question, "How did you get to be so be dumb?"

True. :doh::worthy: Sometimes I like this sidebars here because it shows just how liberal the Bills board is!

:D

cannot argue with that!, this board REALLY is loaded with libs!.. i thought sports was an avenue they stayed away from because it promotes competition, you know, where there are winners, losers, arent liberal's the people who influenced the outlawing of dodgeball?

cannot argue with that!, this board REALLY is loaded with libs!.. i thought sports was an avenue they stayed away from because it promotes competition, you know, where there are winners, losers, arent liberal's the people who influenced the outlawing of dodgeball?

No? Really... :doh:

They still play dodgeball... They still have recess, even in the most liberal states... Sans MA of course...

Tell me why there should be a disconnect between the two (sports and PPP) boards? :worthy:

No? Really... :doh:

They still play dodgeball... They still have recess, even in the most liberal states... Sans MA of course...

Tell me why there should be a disconnect between the two (sports and PPP) boards? :worthy:

maybe i am just one them "dumb" conservatives, but as i sit here under my ronald reagan picture, i must ask you what does PPP stand for?

who? palin, or her fans?,, p s , what is your definition of dumb?

Yes, Palin is a dummy. Yes, her fans are dummIES.

This is my definition of dumb:

Couric: You've cited Alaska's proximity to Russia as part of your foreign policy experience. What did you mean by that?

Sarah Palin: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and, on our other side, the land-boundary that we have with Canada. It's funny that a comment like that was kinda made to … I don't know, you know … reporters.

You can't even make sh*t like that up!!!!!!!!! :doh:

Yes, Palin is a dummy. Yes, her fans are dummIES.

This is my definition of dumb:

Couric: You've cited Alaska's proximity to Russia as part of your foreign policy experience. What did you mean by that?

Sarah Palin: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and, on our other side, the land-boundary that we have with Canada. It's funny that a comment like that was kinda made to … I don't know, you know … reporters.

You can't even make sh*t like that up!!!!!!!!! :doh:

who really gives a sh-t about palin?

It does seem a bit "retarded" that the game would be on MSNBC rather than on NBC, where the viewership would be considerably higher.

Again... People will channel hunt for the hockey game... Not so much bobsled and ice dancing. The wife wants to watch ice dancing... She will put it on channel 5 (knowing that is where the Olympics are)... Say I put it on channel five and find hockey. She won't watch that... She will just assume ice dancing was not being shown. Now, if I put it on channel 5 and find ice dancing... I will hunt for that friggan game!

It is all about "hunters" and "gathers." :doh: