Postal stamp increase...AGAIN......

HelloNewman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again....they are not asking for another increase to 41 cents per first class stamp....what a bunch of crap.....they will not stop until they reach 50 cents or even a dollar to mail a stamp......gimme a break. GRRRRRR  :D

132195[/snapback]

When?

Here we go again....they are not asking for another increase to 41 cents per first class stamp....what a bunch of crap.....they will not stop until they reach 50 cents or even a dollar to mail a stamp......gimme a break. GRRRRRR  :flirt:

132195[/snapback]

When was the last time there was a postal increase??? Wasn't it about 3 years ago. Less people are using the mail these days, so revenue for the postal service is down, yet they still have to give raises to employees, pay higher fuel cost etc. I can see where the increase is necessary. How can anyone complain about pay 41 cents (or even 50 for that matter) for a letter or payment to be picked up at your house taken possibly hundreds or thousands of miles and delivered to the door of the intended party in 3 days or less.

You could save the stamp and take it there yourself!!!

As soon as I saw the story I knew people would raise a big stink. I makes me laugh. :D

When was the last time there was a postal increase??? Wasn't it about 3 years ago. Less people are using the mail these days, so revenue for the postal service is down, yet they still have to give raises to employees, pay higher fuel cost etc. I can see where the increase is necessary. How can anyone complain about pay 41 cents (or even 50 for that matter) for a letter or payment  to be picked up at your house taken possibly hundreds or thousands of miles and delivered to the door of the intended party in 3 days or less.

You could save the stamp and take it there yourself!!!

As soon as I saw the story I knew people would raise a big stink. I makes me laugh.  :D

132208[/snapback]

So it's OK for them to raise it 13%. Nope. More poor management.

...they still have to give raises to employees...

132208[/snapback]

Why? they're already overpaid and underworked, just like all government employees. :D

So it's OK for them to raise it 13%.  Nope.  More poor management.

132215[/snapback]

Fuel costs alone are up over 20 percent from a year ago. If my memory serves me right postage has gone up less than or just about 10 cents in the last 10 years.

There may be bad management, but 41 cents is still a hell of a bargain to move a letter across the country.

How people out here complaining about the postage rate would pay over $2.50 for a cup of coffee at Starbucks?

Fuel costs alone are up over 20 percent from a year ago. If my memory serves me right postage has gone up less than or just about 10 cents in the last 10 years.

There may be bad management, but 41 cents is still a hell of a bargain to move a letter across the country.

How people out here complaining about the postage rate would pay over $2.50 for a cup of coffee at Starbucks?

132228[/snapback]

Good post and I concur. Forty-one cents to mail a letter accross the country and it will be there within 3 days. Seems like a bargain to me

IT'S FOUR F-CKING CENTS!

Do some of you have penpals you write to everyday? If you sent 125 letters a week, that's $5 more now.

Get over it.

Holy crap, I often throw pennies away because I can't stand them being in my pockets. I reach in, thinking i have some dimes perhaps and no, just crappy pennies.

From now on, I guess I'll collect them, and send them to you guys.

Of course now, it probably costs more that $.01 to send one, but I'll get over it.

I did a little research and want to clarify something, the Postal Service is a Governmental agency, but in most way is more Private business than Governmental agency. It can be sued and is subject to most business laws. It receives less than 100 Million a year from the Fed to cover free mailings such as those for politicians.

All the rest of their operating revenue comes from postage.

Because of this stamp increase thing I have totally gone away from paying my bills through the mail and pay them on line now....

I get it for free from my bank...click click click....all done.....

I only use them when I mail a package...and that aint often