SHOP LEE EVANS FOR TRADE

There I said it...

I know Lee is a great player, I know he is a great team player, I know he still has productive years ahead. I hate the bills underutilize him. I am a huge fan of his work ethic, and I do not blame his lack of offensive output on him or his abilities.

That said-

This franchise is years away from having a solid QB situation, the Line is still problematic and even with a reputable second threat, he was still underutilized. There are plenty of receivers in the league that can put up a 600 yard season. Lee is the Ferrari we can’t drive over 35 m.p.h. and won’t have the ability to until he starts breaking down himself.

Meanwhile, Lee is in his prime. He is the 2 or 3rd highest paid WR in the league. I suspect there are a number of teams that believe they are one Lee Evans away from a ring. Manning could use Evans to replace the void left by Harrison as one example, there are more. (SD, NE- though I would never advocate it, etc.)

I argue he is one of the Bills with the most external value and his low productivity on the bills (due to QB , scheme, cast) would be most easily replaced by a serviceable veteran, journeyman or 4th-6th round rookie.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There I said it...

I know Lee is a great player, I know he is a great team player, I know he still has productive years ahead. I hate the bills underutilize him. I am a huge fan of his work ethic, and I do not blame his lack of offensive output on him or his abilities.

That said-

This franchise is years away from having a solid QB situation, the Line is still problematic and even with a reputable second threat, he was still underutilized. There are plenty of receivers in the league that can put up a 600 yard season. Lee is the Ferrari we can’t drive over 35 m.p.h. and won’t have the ability to until he starts breaking down himself.

Meanwhile, Lee is in his prime. He is the 2 or 3rd highest paid WR in the league. I suspect there are a number of teams that believe they are one Lee Evans away from a ring. Manning could use Evans to replace the void left by Harrison as one example, there are more. (SD, NE- though I would never advocate it, etc.)

I argue he is one of the Bills with the most external value and his low productivity on the bills (due to QB , scheme, cast) would be most easily replaced by a serviceable veteran, journeyman or 4th-6th round rookie.

Very true and realistic. I wouldn't mind it for the right price..

There I said it...

That said-

This could change quickly.

With all due respect...it's one of the dumbest ideas I've seen on this board. All you do in trading Lee Evans is create a hole. Good player. Great attitude and work ethic. Let's trade him. We MAY not have the QB, but let's not give him a chance by removing everyone who knows how to run a route and catch the ball. You see what happpen when we traded Peters....like him or hate him...he was good. And we did not have a good back up. Keep "good" unless you have another....

There I said it...

That said-

No.

There I said it...

That said-

To me, Lee Evans can still be a part of the rebuilding process. He's still in the very prime of his career and we really still do need some playmakers on this offense. I'd be more willing to trade him if we had a young player in the wings to take over, but Reed will most likely be gone after this year, Owens won't be coming back, and if we trade Evans, that's just ANOTHER hole for us to fill. Even with Evans, we still need another WR.

James Hardy and Josh Reed. And Chan Gailey would wish he took the route of Bill Cowher, Mike Shannahan, Jim Harbaugh, and Brian Schottenheimer.

Actually, Josh Reed is a UFA and likely will not be re-signed, so apparently the OP is suggesting we enter the 2010 season with Roscoe Parrish, Justin Jenkins, Steve Johnson, James Hardy, and - presumably - three WRs-to-be-named-later? :rolleyes:

There I said it...

That said-

Trade Lynch for Adrian Peterson. Trade James Hardy for Andre Johnson and two first round picks. Trade Trend Edwards for Peyton Manning.

Also, I want a pony.

/sigh

Lee is the Ferrari we can’t drive over 35 m.p.h. and won’t have the ability to until he starts breaking down himself.

Lee is not quite the Ferrari, he's more like a Maserati Gran sport. Looks good, has descent power, but not a true exotic car. (At least in my mind.)

Whoever it is, they could not possibly underperform any more than Lee has for the last two years.

Oh, yes, they could. When you see T.O. having a tremendously awful year by his standards, it makes it clear that this isn't just a sub-standard situation for a QB. It's historically awful.

Evans plays at a position that is more dependent than any other on the system and on other players. He's gotten smarter and more professional and his totals have fallen year by year. That's because of his QB and his OL. It couldn't be more clear.

Lee is one of the few very talented players we have on this team. What next? Trade Moorman? I am so sick of reading people on this board running players out of town. Seriously if the retard rollercoaster had its way we would trade every player for a draft pick and/or some over the hill mediocre player. How about we hold on to the few talented players we have and build around them. What a novel concept