ESPN insider stories today

Munch

Says Lynch may be traded to SD for a 2nd or lower rd pick

Also in another rumor they say TE has a 50/50 shot at being opening day starter.

Also says Jack Del Rio wants a QB upgrade in Jacksonville. I wouldnt mind Garrard coming here, if the price was right.

They also claim its highly likely Casey Hampton will get the franchise tag.

Just a few tidbits to start the day!

Tradeing Lynch would result in drafting a QB and bringing one in via FA. You cannot survive with 2.

Players for late round picks doesnt seem like a good idea. What RB are we going to draft in a late round this year that will be as good as Lynch? Draft picks would be nice but we are not a deep enough team to survive bhen we trade away young good players.

I hope we keep Lynch around. The NFL has definitely turned into a 2-RB league and with a (hopefully) competent coaching staff we can properly utilize both guys.

Plus, its not like his salary cap hit is that outrageous for the next two seasons.

exactly how i feel about it as well.

For when the mods delete the originial post for copyright violations, it's just a restatement of what Bob Matthews wrote this morning in the D&C.

Ha, ha...and ESPN makes you pay money for that?? Seriously, if the line read "Crazy bag lady who screams at passing cars" instead of "Bob Matthews of the D&C" it would have the same level of credibility.

PTR

Lynch Being Sent To Cali?

As we try to decipher the message emanating from new Buffalo Bills head coach Chan Gailey and his associates regarding the plans for 2010 and beyond, one major question remains at running back. Marshawn Lynch had his worst season as a pro in 2009 while Fred Jackson emerged as a viable alternative. With that in mind, Bob Matthews of the Democrat and Chronicle has a bold suggestion: trade Marshawn to the San Diego Chargers.

Matthews' reasoning is fairly sound: the Chargers need a workhorse RB, the Bills have an extra one. He notes that the Bills may offer Lynch for the Chargers' second-rounder; the Chargers will "probably" offer a lower pick, and the Bills would "probably" accept.

We'll be interested to see if this one (or any subsequent Lynch-on-the-move rumors) gains any steam.

Again this is per ESPN. and as another poster had his house being for sale now as well, seems a little curious to me.

Id personally take a 2nd rounder for him. He is 'replaceable', and 1 more run in away from being gone for quite a few games. Not sure Id take a 3rd for him though, as he still does have alot of upside and is very young.

Also in another rumor they say TE has a 50/50 shot at being opening day starter.

Also says Jack Del Rio wants a QB upgrade in Jacksonville. I wouldnt mind Garrard coming here, if the price was right.

ask yourself this, if you were the Chargers or any other team would you trade your 2nd round pick for Lynch? a player we all know is one mistake away from possibly missing an entire season and who also has been somewhat of a disappointment in the NFL and has regressed each year

seriously, getting a 2nd for Lynch is a pipedream which is why it makes more sense to keep him then trade him and have to replace him...the Bills would be lucky to get a 3rd and would most likely have to settle for a 4th if they did trade him

look at last years draft, the Jets got Greene and the Eagles got McCoy in the 3rd round? do you think either team would want Lynch instead of either of those guys?

Productive RBs can be had in the 3rd round so why would any team trade a 2nd round pick for Lynch who has had off the field issues and doesnt appear to be getting any better

Ha, ha...and ESPN makes you pay money for that?? Seriously, if the line read "Crazy bag lady who screams at passing cars" instead of "Bob Matthews of the D&C" it would have the same level of credibility.

PTR

I did a 3 month trial subscription to ESPN the mag and insider over 3 years ago, and for some reason insider still works although im not getting the mag anymore. I would not pay for insider again

Insider for NFL is almost worthless, but for college (team info and especially recruiting) it's worth it. Though they were lacking in team write-ups this year. I'm hoping they bring back the in-depth analysis of each team they had a couple years ago. If not, I may find another service after this year.

I hope we keep Lynch around. The NFL has definitely turned into a 2-RB league and with a (hopefully) competent coaching staff we can properly utilize both guys.

Plus, its not like his salary cap hit is that outrageous for the next two seasons.

check lynch's stats man, we can bring in a plethora of guy's who can do what he did last year. i agree on the two back thing but its not like he's wowing anyone. its not like he's seriously contributing to the offense with his 2 td's

check lynch's stats man, we can bring in a plethora of guy's who can do what he did last year. i agree on the two back thing but its not like he's wowing anyone. its not like he's seriously contributing to the offense with his 2 td's

and yet there are numerouns people on here that think another team will trade a second round pick for him....unbelievable

nice avatar :bag:

And he'll go on to another team and be superstar.

Tradeing Lynch would result in drafting a QB and bringing one in via FA. You cannot survive with 2.

Players for late round picks doesnt seem like a good idea. What RB are we going to draft in a late round this year that will be as good as Lynch? Draft picks would be nice but we are not a deep enough team to survive bhen we trade away young good players.

QB???? I think lynch is a RB.

Trading Lynch just opens another hole in our roster that is already full of holes. Can we find somebody as good through free agency or the draft? His first 2 seasons he had 1000+ yards then he had a "eventful" offseason that got him suspended for 4 games then return to an organization that was a complete disastor. I think where a season early to make this judgement. Now we have some offensive minds instead of Alex "I call a swing pass every 4 plays" vanpelt and hopefullly a healthy revamped offensive line, and maybe a QB that can throw the Ball 20 yards? hopefully we can utilize Lynch and Jackson as a tandom. IMO RB is the one area we might be OK in why do we need to mess with that too?

But there are not a plethora of guys that can do what he did his 1st two seasons. Unless a team gives a 2nd or top half of the 3rd for him, I would keep him. If he goes, you need to replace him anyway....use that $$ or pick to fill the other holes and keep a proven quality RB.

But there are not a plethora of guys that can do what he did his 1st two seasons. Unless a team gives a 2nd or top half of the 3rd for him, I would keep him. If he goes, you need to replace him anyway....use that $$ or pick to fill the other holes and keep a proven quality RB.

your first statement is irrelevant and your second/third is obvious