ESPN insider stories today

Munch

The NFL has definitely turned into a 2-RB league and with a (hopefully) competent coaching staff we can properly utilize both guys.

True... but that doesn't mean Lynch has to be the #2... I think there are RBs out there that will produce a lot more for a lot less $$$ than Lynch will.

Lynch is a poriah and deserves a one way ticket out of WNY.

Trading Lynch just opens another hole in our roster that is already full of holes. Can we find somebody as good through free agency or the draft? His first 2 seasons he had 1000+ yards then he had a "eventful" offseason that got him suspended for 4 games then return to an organization that was a complete disastor. I think where a season early to make this judgement. Now we have some offensive minds instead of Alex "I call a swing pass every 4 plays" vanpelt and hopefullly a healthy revamped offensive line, and maybe a QB that can throw the Ball 20 yards? hopefully we can utilize Lynch and Jackson as a tandom. IMO RB is the one area we might be OK in why do we need to mess with that too?

Agree. Unless you've got a replacement on the roster it makes no sense to trade Lynch for a draft choice to be used for another RB. If that approach would produce a viable replacement your trading partner should just keep their pick and choose the same guy minus the bagage.

They need to stop degrading the roster and add talent, drop the like-for-like trade and draft mentality, stop the running in place approach to building the roster.

Ha, ha...and ESPN makes you pay money for that?? Seriously, if the line read "Crazy bag lady who screams at passing cars" instead of "Bob Matthews of the D&C" it would have the same level of credibility.

PTR

I like Matthews, he has some good takes and I enjoy his radio program.

ask yourself this, if you were the Chargers or any other team would you trade your 2nd round pick for Lynch? a player we all know is one mistake away from possibly missing an entire season and who also has been somewhat of a disappointment in the NFL and has regressed each year

seriously, getting a 2nd for Lynch is a pipedream which is why it makes more sense to keep him then trade him and have to replace him...the Bills would be lucky to get a 3rd and would most likely have to settle for a 4th if they did trade him

look at last years draft, the Jets got Greene and the Eagles got McCoy in the 3rd round? do you think either team would want Lynch instead of either of those guys?

Productive RBs can be had in the 3rd round so why would any team trade a 2nd round pick for Lynch who has had off the field issues and doesnt appear to be getting any better

There are teams that always feel they can change guys. I think a second would be awesome, but I agree it's unlikely. If the Bills got a second for Lynch I'd call it a steal for the Bills.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lynch was traded. Gailey probably wants to send a message to the players that thug behavior will not be tolerated and if the rumors* of his locker room persona are true it would be a relief to some players.

* This comes from an article posted in another thread I can't find right now.

I like Matthews, he has some good takes and I enjoy his radio program.

There are teams that always feel they can change guys. I think a second would be awesome, but I agree it's unlikely. If the Bills got a second for Lynch I'd call it a steal for the Bills.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lynch was traded. Gailey probably wants to send a message to the players that thug behavior will not be tolerated and if the rumors* of his locker room persona are true it would be a relief to some players.

* This comes from an article posted in another thread I can't find right now.

So, the fact that Whitner was hit with a taser, after squaring up to fight a cop last year, might lend some merit to the Washington rumors?

As far as Lynch is concerned, a second is a big stretch, but a 3rd or lower makes no sense. Be much better off keeping him. I ma a Lynch fan, and hope that he can turn it around.

Tradeing Lynch would result in drafting a QB and bringing one in via FA. You cannot survive with 2.

Players for late round picks doesnt seem like a good idea. What RB are we going to draft in a late round this year that will be as good as Lynch? Draft picks would be nice but we are not a deep enough team to survive bhen we trade away young good players.

How would trading Lynch result in a drafting a QB and bringing one in via FA?

ask yourself this, if you were the Chargers or any other team would you trade your 2nd round pick for Lynch? a player we all know is one mistake away from possibly missing an entire season and who also has been somewhat of a disappointment in the NFL and has regressed each year

seriously, getting a 2nd for Lynch is a pipedream which is why it makes more sense to keep him then trade him and have to replace him...the Bills would be lucky to get a 3rd and would most likely have to settle for a 4th if they did trade him

look at last years draft, the Jets got Greene and the Eagles got McCoy in the 3rd round? do you think either team would want Lynch instead of either of those guys?

Productive RBs can be had in the 3rd round so why would any team trade a 2nd round pick for Lynch who has had off the field issues and doesnt appear to be getting any better

I had to sift through a lot of b.s. to get to a blog that made sense !!!! I don't want Lynch on the Bills..Personally he seems like a me guy who is a punk !! We were much better off when he was suspended..Jackson was rolling before Lynch intruded..I'd play poker and try to get a 2nd or a 3rd pick for him...but at the end of the day I'd take a 4th round pick and

be glad that I got a partial return for a draft pick that wasted on an underachieving back who will be out of the leaugue before you know it dealing with his legal problems or in jail !! With all his faults Travis Henry was a better back than M. Lynch who is a star in his own mind and at his best he showed only a glimmer of light! This potential star likely has imploded and turned into a black hole of nothingless, and the best thing to do is to off-load him before he he pulls some of the younger guys into his dark, nothingless when it comes to being a team player and having the right attitude!!!