why don't us and the eagles just swap first rd picks

theman331

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. and by the way yeah bledsoe was a good quarterback but mcnabb is better than he was.

:unsure: fuggin hysterical! Bledsoe led us to how many playoff games? He set this franchise back years. We gave up a 14th overall pick for that chump. Lets see, with that pick we could of selected Troy Polamalu, Asomugha, Boldin, Lance Briggs, Witten etc- all quality players who are still in the league and who could still be a big part of this team. Fuggin Bledsoe! :lol:

The OP said to SWAP first round picks, not flat out give up our 1st rounder for McNabb unlike so many on this thread keep on yapping about.

I like the idea and would be all for it. This is a win now league and McNabb alone would give us 2-3 more wins instantly w/o any other moves. He has at least 3 more productive seasons, imo.

With the Eagles pick in the 1st you could still draft an OT or a NT like Dan Williams.

I like it theman.

and drafts don't usually always go they way that the experts and some people think. like last year nobody though that michael crabtree was gonna fall to number 10, the experts had orakpo going in like the top 7 or 8 he ended up going 13 to washington and they also thought that knowshon moreno was gonna go as a mid 20's pick and he ended up going 12 to the broncos, nobody expected brady quinn to fall all the way down to 22 the year he was drafted and nobdy thought aaron rodgers would drop to 24 the year he was drafted. so who's to say that if we were to do this that none of the offensive tackles would be there i think there's good odds of one of them maybe 2 slipping down to the number 24 pick.

if we give the eagles our number 9 pick and a 4th rounder for their number 24 pick and mcnabb i think that would be the best way to go about getting him. we would still be able to get a great offensive tackle in the first rd and then we could go either qb in the 2nd or 3rd or linebacker in the 2nd or 3rd. i'm more for drafting a quarterback and having him start day one. but if we decide not to go that way then were going to need to get a veteran guy to come in here for a year or 2 and mcnabb would be the best guy to pursue. so if the eagles are willing to trade him i'd say this is how it gets done.

If you stay at #9 you might get McClain, a potential impact player for years to come. You also have a shot at several of the top OT prospects.

McNabb is not worth the swap. He is not a great leader and we are rebuilding with or without him. In fact, I would rather keep our 4th pick than trade it for McNabb straight up.

Bad deal.

Just say no to giving up premium picks. Teams that draft well pick stars in the top 10. I will take a 10 year OT over a three year fading QB.

No, teams that draft well pick stars in day two.

I'll take a sure thing for three years over your imaginary 10 yr. OT...who could just as easily be drafted at 24 anyway.

a 1st is WAY too high to give away for McNabb. that just screams of desperation, a la Bledsoe trade which set us back years.

I wouldnt be upset if we traded a 2nd, or 3rd and 5th for him. but not our #9. We need to get an impact player who will be on the team for years at that spot, not just a 2 year band-aid at QB.

Absolutely. I almost puked when I saw the "price" this proposal put on McNab. Do Bills fans realize the VALUE of the # 9 overall pick in the whole draft?

No, teams that draft well pick stars in day two.

I'll take a sure thing for three years over your imaginary 10 yr. OT...who could just as easily be drafted at 24 anyway.

Yea, because Tom Brady was drafted so highly...Your theory doesn't wash. Keep the number 9 pick. McNabb would only be a stop gap measure, not worthy of moving down 15 spots in the first round.

The OP said to SWAP first round picks, not flat out give up our 1st rounder for McNabb unlike so many on this thread keep on yapping about.

I like the idea and would be all for it. This is a win now league and McNabb alone would give us 2-3 more wins instantly w/o any other moves. He has at least 3 more productive seasons, imo.

With the Eagles pick in the 1st you could still draft an OT or a NT like Dan Williams.

I like it theman.

McNair went to the Ravens when he was the same age as McNabb for a 4th. Giving up a 1st, even if you're only moving back 15 spots in the 1st round, would be completely unacceptable.

A few years ago, I would considered it a pretty good deal, but Donovan McNabb turns 34 during the middle of this upcoming season. The price tag is simply too high for a player of his age. His new team probably won't get more than three years out of him and three years out of an old QB usually aren't that good. Under the circumstances, I probably wouldn't give up more than a 3rd.

McNobb not worth any kind of draft sacrifice. Use #9 for McClain or a LT. I'll give Philly Whitner straight up for one of their QBs. Let Buddy keep his draft picks and see what it brings. That's the one thing he is supposed to be good at.

How do we know that is the one thing he is good at? It seems to me that is his specialty but I am liking him so far in the other areas as well

One thing to consider here.......Nix specialty IS finding talent.

This could work in a nother way.........perhaps there is a linemen in either the 2nd round (Charles Brown?) who is a talented pass protecting left tackle which is what we need.......

- You swap the picks and get a veteran QB who knows how to win....and plays in the elements

- Then you take the Eagles first rounder and take NT Dan Williams......another good player

- Then in the 2nd round you take a Charles Brown

- In the 3rd round you take a LB that fits our new 3-4 scheme

Then just in case a player like Charles Brown ISN"T ready right out the gate you bring in a free agent

You have essentially made your team a lot better over this offseason....you haven't traded away Lynch so your stable of running backs is set.....you have your legit NT that you need for the 3-4 conversion.......you have a veteran leader at QB who has been to the show......