why don't us and the eagles just swap first rd picks

theman331

if we give the eagles our number 9 pick and a 4th rounder for their number 24 pick and mcnabb i think that would be the best way to go about getting him. we would still be able to get a great offensive tackle in the first rd and then we could go either qb in the 2nd or 3rd or linebacker in the 2nd or 3rd. i'm more for drafting a quarterback and having him start day one. but if we decide not to go that way then were going to need to get a veteran guy to come in here for a year or 2 and mcnabb would be the best guy to pursue. so if the eagles are willing to trade him i'd say this is how it gets done.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO. If we trade for McNabb make it conditional and dont give away the chance for LT or NT that are desperately needed unless off course you solve those issues in FA. A first is too much for a guy ya expect a few years from

we wouldn't be giving up a 1st round pick we would just be swaping 1st round picks. we could use that 24th pick to try to move back up to the middle of the 1st round if we have to.

we wouldn't be giving up a 1st round pick we would just be swaping 1st round picks. we could use that 24th pick to try to move back up to the middle of the 1st round if we have to.

No! No! Please God No! I know you have heard of McNabb- but he is not the guy that will turn this franchise around. The one good thing about sucking so bad is that we get a high draft pick. Lets not !@#$ that up!

No !@#$ing way! How about we keep our draft picks and don't trade them ala Bledsoe, JP, Denney, McCargo, etc. When is the last time draft picks traded away by the Bills actually worked out?

i do believe that whoever we draft should start day 1 because there is no sense in having him sit behind fitzpatrick for a year. i'm just saying that if the front office decides to go with a veteran quarterback mcnabb is our best guy to get so we should try to get him if thats the direction we end up going. and by the way yeah bledsoe was a good quarterback but mcnabb is better than he was.

D-Mac is not the answer.He has 3-5 years left but not to be in a rebuild situation

Too many needs to give up #9 pick.This is a longterm problem and I think the first mistake is the coach.Get a solid player to add to the o-line ang get Vick for a 3rd or 4th round ,use the quality Rb's and Wr's

a 1st is WAY too high to give away for McNabb. that just screams of desperation, a la Bledsoe trade which set us back years.

I wouldnt be upset if we traded a 2nd, or 3rd and 5th for him. but not our #9. We need to get an impact player who will be on the team for years at that spot, not just a 2 year band-aid at QB.

favre was traded for a 4th...negotiations start there

It was a conditional pick that turned out to be a 3rd. Favre was 5 years older than McNabb is. A second rounder or swap of 1sts & a later round pick is what will be needed to get McNabb. A Bills contract extension will also have to be part of the deal before the trade is finalized.

a 1st is WAY too high to give away for McNabb. that just screams of desperation, a la Bledsoe trade which set us back years.

I wouldnt be upset if we traded a 2nd, or 3rd and 5th for him. but not our #9. We need to get an impact player who will be on the team for years at that spot, not just a 2 year band-aid at QB.

:D

if we give the eagles our number 9 pick and a 4th rounder for their number 24 pick and mcnabb i think that would be the best way to go about getting him. we would still be able to get a great offensive tackle in the first rd and then we could go either qb in the 2nd or 3rd or linebacker in the 2nd or 3rd. i'm more for drafting a quarterback and having him start day one. but if we decide not to go that way then were going to need to get a veteran guy to come in here for a year or 2 and mcnabb would be the best guy to pursue. so if the eagles are willing to trade him i'd say this is how it gets done.

I think its a good idea. The talent level between a LT available at 9 and 24 does not seem that great this year. Also, this idea enables us to KEEP a first round pick, (apperantly this point has been missed by other posters). The later pick will net us a good LT at a lower price and a great QB. I really don't see a downside here.

No. What , "great LT", do you think will be around at pick 24?

No way anyone gives up a QB the quality of McNabb AND a first round pick for even the #1 overall pick. It isn't going to happen.

Seeing how we have gone longer than any team in the league without making the playoffs, we should be Desperate!