Losman/Edwards

I was a huge Losman supporter due to his arm, his scrambling ability and his toughness (side note: Losman could have ran for 500 yards a season if Jauron knew how to use him. Every time he took off, he got ten yards). I held out hope longer than just about anyone I knew until I finally pulled the plug on him. I remember the game distinctly: at Jacksonville toward the end of the 2007 season. I said, that's it, this is simply not happening, this guy sucks. As much as I doubt Edwards' ability to be the guy in Buffalo, I've still never had that defining moment where I ruled him out for good. Agree? Disagree?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Losman- sucked from the beginning

Edwards- showed hope, got concussed, now probably sucks. And also can't deal with cold weather. I still hold out that he could be a viable starter in the right offense with a good O-line blocking for his frail ass

I always thought it came down to Coaching.

Losman was over coached by way too many people. Edwards could still develop depending on how he is coached this season.

I'm not a big fan of either but I still think Edwards has some upside given a good Offensive Line and some quality Coaching.

I was a huge Losman supporter due to his arm, his scrambling ability and his toughness (side note: Losman could have ran for 500 yards a season if Jauron knew how to use him. Every time he took off, he got ten yards). I held out hope longer than just about anyone I knew until I finally pulled the plug on him. I remember the game distinctly: at Jacksonville toward the end of the 2007 season. I said, that's it, this is simply not happening, this guy sucks. As much as I doubt Edwards' ability to be the guy in Buffalo, I've still never had that defining moment where I ruled him out for good. Agree? Disagree?

The defining moment for me was when he came in the game when Fewell benched Fitzpatrick, played one series, sprained his ankle & was out the rest of the season. To me, that moment defined him as too injury prone to be counted on.

Defining moments (collectively) were every time he played a 3-4 defense - Edwards has not figured it out at all. If I had to choose one game among them - Cleveland two seasons ago in Buffalo. The game was very winnable but Edwards looked like a deer in the headlights and threw two if not three int's.

Both suck ass

Some of you guys are too much.. I had high hopes for Trent.. but to call him a p*ssy? Dude has like 2 seconds before getting totally destroyed, sometimes by more than one defender. I would love to see some of you tough guys stand there for even one series without limping off the field.

Maybe if we actually get a solid O line..

Some of you guys are too much.. I had high hopes for Trent.. but to call him a p*ssy? Dude has like 2 seconds before getting totally destroyed, sometimes by more than one defender. I would love to see some of you tough guys stand there for even one series without limping off the field.

Maybe if we actually get a solid O line..

Yes some of you guys are just way too much ;)

Maybe if we actually get a solid O line, if poor Trentie boy could only get some protection, we'd see more of that rocket-like arm and that pin-point laser accuracy...

Link - Trent Edwards' Arm

Time to face facts, Fanning-Fan Fanboys - Trent is done in the NFL. He and his Stanford roomie can now go back to waxing their bodies and watching Dakota Fanning films.

Losman's clock was off. If he got the ball out on time, he looked like a solid NFL QB. Likewise when he ran. But he's the polar opposite of Manning when it comes to diagnosing the play and getting the ball out. And he just didn't do it enough.

2010 will be TE's defining year. It's easy to say he sucks and will fail, but I remember seeing him in a few games where he managed the offense very well, so he'll prob get a shot.

Checking down to freddy on 4th and 20 during the saints game this year was my official "I'm Done" moment with trent. I realize he doesn't have a lot of time usually, but the fact is, the only times he throws the ball down the field are if someone is one on one down the sideline. If that isn't the case, he checks down. I was hoping he would grow out of this, but when he chose to check down at a point where closing your eyes and throwing the ball 20 + yards down the field has a MUCH better chance of success, I realized it just wasn't gonna happen.

I'm not really sure if I had a "defining moment," but I'm definitely there (ruled him out for good). One thing that comes to mind is how disengaged and uninterested he looked on the sidelines. Sure .. I know no one likes to be benched, but he literally pouted. And the in for one play/out for the year ankle thing was pretty bad, too. I don't think any of it warrants personal attacks, however. He's a kid. He seems like a nice guy and a smart guy. Just not a good QB.

And neither Losman nor Edwards did anything to deserve being called d*bags.

Losman's "scrambling" prowess never existed in the NFL. His career rushing total was less than 500 yards--less than 5 yards a carry. He was famous for being unable to avoid a sack--"elusive" is never a word that comes to mind when watching JP behind center. In fact he had the same number of rushes as sacks: 103---and he lost over 7 yards a sack!

Jauron would have used them both better if we had an offensive line and a defense that didn't force them to put up gobs of points to win games. For all the blathering about Butler, he was no better than Ostroski. We need talented players on the line

Funny. I always liked Reich more than Kelly.

I wish Levy would have played Frank more.

Funny. I always liked Lamonica more than Kemp.

I wish Saban would have played Daryle more.

Funny. I always liked Flutie more than Johnson.

I wish Phillips would have played Doogie more.

Funny. I always liked JP more than Bledsoe.

I wish Williams would have played Losman more.