The proper way to mount toilet paper?

LongLiveRalph

:thumbdown::worthy:

Storms a coming Cincy, you can never be too prepared!

Down to an even 26 rolls myself... Of course single-ply, 1,000 sheet rolls... For all you macho-types out

there!

I also have in stock:

30 double roll paper towels

4 facial tissue boxes

3 75 ft. Al foil rolls

2 wax paper rolls

2 saran wrap rolls

5 boxes of poly sandwich bags

3 gallon boxes of freezer bags

2 boxes of qt. freezer bags

4 packs of paper napkins

4 cans of Drano

4 gallons of enzyme drain cleaner

6 boxes of dishwasher powder

7 gallons of laundry detergent

4 boxes of plastic utensils

18 bars of hand soap.

Reasons for this:

1) Armageddon/the coming hyperinflation.

2) Items bought on sale - with coupons - for food bank donations.

3) Some personal feelings. The State took our family farm and threw my family over into hunger and poverty via their overarching power of emminent domain. One never forgets.

My food stores are considerable. Same rationale.

So - when it all hits the fan, folks can knock on my door and get welcomed in, and can eat, pack sandwiches, and wipe off their fannies to their heart's content... :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have in stock:

4 facial tissue boxes

3 75 ft. Al foil rolls

2 wax paper rolls

2 saran wrap rolls

4 packs of paper napkins

4 cans of Drano

18 bars of hand soap.

Reasons for this:

3) Some personal feelings. The State took our family farm and threw my family over into hunger and poverty via their overarching power of emminent domain. One never forgets.

So - when it all hits the fan, folks can knock on my door and get welcomed in, and can eat, pack sandwiches, and wipe off their fannies to their heart's content... :thumbdown:

Jesus. Seems like stuckincostco, amirite??

I also have in stock:

4 facial tissue boxes

3 75 ft. Al foil rolls

2 wax paper rolls

2 saran wrap rolls

4 packs of paper napkins

4 cans of Drano

18 bars of hand soap.

Reasons for this:

So - when it all hits the fan, folks can knock on my door and get welcomed in, and can eat, pack sandwiches, and wipe off their fannies to their heart's content... :worthy:

No black rifles? :thumbdown:

I've got 'cher overs - right here pal!

Nuthin' good will ever come of an over the top approach.

Furthermore, you need to wrap the strip in a glove-like fashion around your fingers with the wire side of the paper out.

Using the felt side of the paper could result in smears and skid marks on your shorts. Unsanitary, fer God's sake man. Do the right thing.

Edit: had the wrong linky in there before. fixed it.

For standard toilet paper mounts, with the removable "axle" that the roll rests on...Which method do you prefer? My lady and I are at odds on this issue.

- The "Overhand Method", so that the TP rolls toward the person, and sheets are torn on the "front" of the roll.

- The "Underhand Method", so that the TP rolls away from the person, and sheets are torn on the "back" of the roll.

What say ye, Two Bills Drive?

****, I got sick at the wrong time. One of life's ultimate ??? and I nearly missed it.

What you refer to as the underhand method is the proper way to mount TP.

****, I got sick at the wrong time. One of life's ultimate ??? and I nearly missed it.

What you refer to as the underhand method is the proper way to mount TP.

Glad you are better!

Have you ever seen housekeeping at a hotel mount it underhand?? Of course not! All those maides can't be wrong.

Slam dunk... The right way is overhand and pointed!

:(

Yes.

But rarely.

I take there is no joke in here... :( So, in all seriousness... It is because overhand is the correct way. How do you point it underhand? You have to point it, that way it makes it look like somebody at least attempted to clean the head. And almost nobody ever points it back... So, if is pointed... One can slightly assume that nobody used the head.

The only time I don't point the paper is when I am in a hotel... Even if I don't use the bathroom... I stil take the point off signifying that it may need to be cleaned!

I take there is no joke in here... :( So, in all seriousness... It is because overhand is the correct way. How do you point it underhand? You have to point it, that way it makes it look like somebody at least attempted to clean the head. And almost nobody ever points it back... So, if is pointed... One can slightly assume that nobody used the head.

The only time I don't point the paper is when I am in a hotel... Even if I don't use the bathroom... I stil take the point off signifying that it may need to be cleaned!

You CAN point it the other way (the exact same way you would if it was over, but the point faces the wall). I have only seen it this way a few times, and it makes an impression because it is very rarely done that way.

You need to take into consideration the location of the holder in relation to the toilet.

If it's too far away, then overhand would be better as you wouldn't need to reach as far.

If it's too close, underhand would be smarter, as that would give you more room to maneuver.

You would also want to look at the height of the holder in relation to the average seat occupant. As the difference in angle when you tear the sheets could result in a nice even tear across the perforations versus a jagged messy tear.

I would recommend several run troughs to get a good feel of how you and your bathroom fixtures work best together, and go with that. Since everyone's bathrooms have different proportions and so do most people, a single answer is likely impossible.

Function and comfort over form every day.