Tyler Thigpen

Chan Gailey had great sucess with Thigpen in Kansas City in 2008 (18 TDs-12INTs-3 Rushing TD's). He knows Gaileys offense. Seems like a natural pocket QB. Has a strong arm, young (25). Played in COLD weather. Was traded to Miami because the Chefs new regime paid their golden boy out the rear. Dolphins are commited to Henne. They also seem to like Pat White. Can problably be had with a 4th round pick. Great value especially considering the fairly weak QB class. Showed he can play, and played very well for Gailey just 1 year ago. I wouldn't mind him as a realistic starting QB who can come in and play right away.

1. Thigpen

2. Fitzpatrick

3. Brohm

Sorry but I get a littlle excited about a young QB who knows the offense and has succeeded in it. Don't be Suprised.

Flame away!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love this. I think he has all the tools.

Fun stat:

Career

Thigpen: 11 GS, 19 TDs

Edwards: 23 GS, 24 TDs

Yes, that's right. With literally more than twice as many starts, Trent has only 5 more TDs than Tigpen.

Fun stat:

Career

Yes, that's right. With literally more than twice as many starts, Trent has only 5 more TDs than Tigpen.

Chan Gailey might have been the OC at KC, who was calling plays the last two years for the Buffalo Bills? Turk Schonert 1 yrs exp- AVP no exp

The Buffalo offense has been bad for 10 years, lets hope Gailey can fix it.

Didn't the Dolphins trade for Thigpen themselves? I don't know if they would want to let him go if that's the case, but I would like the move. I was surprised the Chiefs went after Cassell after how well Thigpen played for that team in '08.

Fun stat:

Career

It's not just the stats either. Thigpen is far more aware of what's going on around him, then Trentative. Edwards has no ability to feel pressure and get rid of the ball. Thigpen is not the next coming of Peyton Manning but he has showed the potential to be pretty good.

Didn't the Dolphins trade for Thigpen themselves? I don't know if they would want to let him go if that's the case, but I would like the move. I was surprised the Chiefs went after Cassell after how well Thigpen played for that team in '08.

If he's really worth having, the Dols won't let him go. When your starting QB (it's Chad Henne, folks) goes down and your backup is Pat White---your season is over.

Thigpen may be a decent QB, but take a closer look---he struggles to complete passes. His "great year" saw him barely completing over 50% and he had several games below that. He took 26 sacks.He threw 420 times but only racked up 2600 yards. He is 1-10 as a starter.

Chan Gailey had great sucess with Thigpen in Kansas City in 2008 (18 TDs-12INTs-3 Rushing TD's). He knows Gaileys offense. Seems like a natural pocket QB. Has a strong arm, young (25). Played in COLD weather. Was traded to Miami because the Chefs new regime paid their golden boy out the rear. Dolphins are commited to Henne. They also seem to like Pat White. Can problably be had with a 4th round pick. Great value especially considering the fairly weak QB class. Showed he can play, and played very well for Gailey just 1 year ago. I wouldn't mind him as a realistic starting QB who can come in and play right away.

1. Thigpen

2. Fitzpatrick

3. Brohm

Sorry but I get a littlle excited about a young QB who knows the offense and has succeeded in it. Don't be Suprised.

Flame away!

Makes sense. Drafting a QB would be a waste. Wait until next year when big time talent comes out. Draft O Line, get DL in Free Agency (ralph too cheap though), and draft LB. Thigpen plays right away. Win some games. Go from there. This thing ain't turnin' around to be be a winning franchise anytime soon, so do it right.

I'm sorry, did you say TRADE for Tyler Thigpen?? Why not grab Derek Anderson while your at it. He had about 30 TDs a coupla years ago....

I hope they hold on to their draft picks, add even more and draft well. If we're looking for Kelly's replacement, he's not buried on some other team's depth chart.