Mike Iupati with the #9 pick

Estro

One thing that's been clear throughout the Senior Bowl practices is that Mike Iupati has solidified himself as the #1 interior offensive lineman in this years draft. How would you guys feel if the Bills nabbed him with the #9 pick?

Mayock today stated he thinks Iupati has solidifed his spot in the top 20 in the 2010 draft so #9 would seem a bit of a reach, but not a huge one.

I for one would love to solidify the offensive line, and this guys seems thick, strong and solid. Some GM's, as well as Mayock think he's capable of playing RT or LT because he has long arms and has the athleticism to make the switch. Personally I like drafting guys to play the postions they played in college to lessen the learning curve at the pro level, but his versatility can only add to his value.

Perhaps Levitre could move to LT, or Wood could move to center opening up a G spot for Iupati. An interior line of Iupati, Wood, and Levitre (from right to left) would be young and nasty.

The ideal situation, if we were to pick Iupati would be a trade down into the teens, but the question is how would you guys feel if we stood pat and picked him at #9?

A little write up from Nolan Nawrocki of ProFootballWeekly.com on Iupati for those who aren't as familiar with him:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/2...sical-abilities

One thing that's been clear throughout the Senior Bowl practices is that Mike Iupati has solidified himself as the #1 interior offensive lineman in this years draft. How would you guys feel if the Bills nabbed him with the #9 pick?

Mayock today stated he thinks Iupati has solidifed his spot in the top 20 in the 2010 draft so #9 would seem a bit of a reach, but not a huge one.

I for one would love to solidify the offensive line, and this guys seems thick, strong and solid. Some GM's, as well as Mayock think he's capable of playing RT or LT because he has long arms and has the athleticism to make the switch. Personally I like drafting guys to play the postions they played in college to lessen the learning curve at the pro level, but his versatility can only add to his value.

Perhaps Levitre could move to LT, or Wood could move to center opening up a G spot for Iupati. An interior line of Iupati, Wood, and Levitre (from right to left) would be young and nasty.

The ideal situation, if we were to pick Iupati would be a trade down into the teens, but the question is how would you guys feel if we stood pat and picked him at #9?

A little write up from Nolan Nawrocki of ProFootballWeekly.com on Iupati for those who aren't as familiar with him:

One thing that they discovered about Iupati is that he's not quick enough or athletic enough for LT.

So, although he looks like a hell of a player, he would basically thrive as a guard, and we've got two who look like they have good futures right now in Wood and Levitre.

The Bills have so many holes to fill that it does seem unthinkable that an OG would be the pick at #9, especially given the fact that we took a 1st and 2nd round guard in last years draft. I do, however, really like Iupati and think he will have a great NFL career.

So if we did draft him:

What the H,F,JC...explicit,explcit, explicit. We have so many other positions to fill.

If we dont:

(a year later)

Why did we not draft guys names who i cant pernounce (Iupati) instead of (insert name her) the FO does not no what it takes to win for anyhitng gosh i hate this team, i give up on them(Quick i need a post to write a letter on TSW about my quitting the team)

This goes for any pick at #9

Lets also not forget we could always re-sign Kendall Simmons as well. I really do like Iupati as a player and I think he'll do well but our interior is looking good for the future.

I just hope he lands somewhere outside of the AFC East.

Oddly enough, his value looks to fall right around where the Dolphins and Patriots will be selecting in the 1st round (#12 & #22).

Why reach at a position we already have some strength at?

THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN. Nix has said they will draft a guy with a history of success and I don't think projecting guys around fits that model.

That being said, sign Incognito, play 5 Guards and just run all over people.

I think that if the Bills don't take a bona fide LT at 9, or maybe a franchise QB, they'll trade outMaybe to someone who has a late 1st and 3 2nd rounders.

If it were evident that Iupati could indeed make the switch from left guard to left tackle I would say that this would be a no-brainer. I think he is capable of being an all pro for many years. I would like this to be the pick (at least someone to strongly consider) if we did not pick up an offensive tackle in free agency.

I see where you are coming from as from all reports he is a remarkable athlete. I'm just not convinced the "moving gaurds to tackles" fix is going to solve our problems. If we could pick up a left tackle in free agencyand draft another tackle (the UMASS guy?) in the second round, it might be doable.

I'm of the mindset that we go with Davis or Baluga at #9. If we went with either Iupati or McClain though I think I might understand the choice.

You don't draft a guard that high. And you don't draft a guy that high to move him to another position. If they go LT they should take a guy who has played LT and been successful. You want him in the bottom of the first round or second round, go ahead.

If I thought he were the best player I'd take him. We got guys who maybe will be good there. The position is in no way solidified. If Buddy and Chan think he's the real deal, then take him. Looks like bull to me. I'll be watching him on Saturday.

They may or may not work out. What I do know is that the Bills don't have anyone at LT as good as their present interior lineman. If you want to improve the line LT is the place to start. JMO