Vince Wilfork

aristocrat

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4863296

Defensive tackle Vince Wilfork said Wednesday he would consider it a "slap in the face" if the New England Patriots place the franchise tag on him, which is expected if a long-term extension is not reached.

"I want a long-term deal or I want to be free. Point blank," Wilfork said during an interview on Boston sports radio station WEEI.

Defensive tackle Vince Wilfork said Wednesday he would consider it a "slap in the face" if the New England Patriots place the franchise tag on him, which is expected if a long-term extension is not reached.

"I want a long-term deal or I want to be free. Point blank," Wilfork said during an interview on Boston sports radio station WEEI.

We're gettin' Wilfork!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on over, big dawg. We've got a nice 3-4 defense for you to lead, and you can take out your frustrations on the Pats twice a season.

He meant to say the Franchise tag would be like an elbow to the knee

I doubt the Pats* won't resign the big guy. HOWEVER if they do decide that he won't sign with them they will franchise tag him and trade him. They won't let Wilfork end up with the Jets or Fins (Lets face it he won't come here). They will likely trade him to the Packers, 49ers, Cardinals, or Chiefs (Where he would have a long term deal negotiated) for a few good draft choices (Probably a 2nd and a 3rd although not in the same year).

The Pats* are smart if Wilfork gets to the open market he would likely get an offer the Pats* couldn't match so they want to use one of their 2 franchise tags to hold on to him and not only get draft picks for him BUT more importantly decide where he ends up.

Funny how everyone couldn't stand the guy for giving Trent (IIRC) the shot to the knee. Now he is possibly going to be up for grabs and all the man love is beginning. I think what it really boils down to is that we as Bills fans were jealous in the fact that we didn't have someone as nasty(and I mean that from an attitude stand point) as Wilfork and we were looking to go for the jugular. JMO.

My understanding of the franchise tag is that you are guaranteed a one year deal equal to the average of the top 5 salaries of NFL players at your position. Is that right?

I would imagine with a deal like Haynesworth got, that would pull the average up quite a bit. I assume the downside for Vince is that he wants big money guaranteed in case of injury which a one year deal doesn't offer.

Hard to believe if the Bills want to run a 3-4 they wouldnt go after this guy. I would gladly cut Kelsay and Schobel for big Vince, assuming the Pats do a Tag-n-Trade. Nix needs to land one proven impact FA at either linebacker of D-line, and this seems a no-brainer.

Wonder if Nix can talk Ralph out of his cash-to-cap (aka conservative chickenshit) fiscal policy.

!@#$ Vince and his histrionics and as far as him coming to Orchard Park, put me in the HELL NO category.

Does no one remember what a POS he is? You really want this dirty scumbag on our team? I wonder what Frank Middleton is doing these days...we could use OL help.

:worthy:

!@#$ Vince and his histrionics and as far as him coming to Orchard Park, put me in the HELL NO category.

Does no one remember what a POS he is? You really want this dirty scumbag on our team? I wonder what Frank Middleton is doing these days...we could use OL help.

:lol:

Yeah and we should draft Mike Williams ahead of pro bowler McKinnie because Mike's a nicer guy and Mckinnie's a dick.

Im not suggesting you hang out with the guy. Remember that two of the strongest running teams in the NFL (Jets/Miami) we face FOUR times a year. What's your solution to stopping the run, more undersized character guys?