ESPN Truth and Rumors: Buffalo and Vick

sharper802

Bills front runners for Vick???

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

If they sign him I am done. From a football sense it is a dumb move. He's awful. And don't give me that mobile QB behind a bad offensive line cr@p. He was one of the most sacked QB's in the league before he was incarcerated. From a human sense it is appalling. I can't believe that Ralph would spend his last few years on this planet and the last few years the Bills are in Buffalo being linked to and defending human garbage.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they sign him I am done. From a football sense it is a dumb move. He's awful. And don't give me that mobile QB behind a bad offensive line cr@p. He was one of the most sacked QB's in the league before he was incarcerated. From a human sense it is appalling. I can't believe that Ralph would spend his last few years on this planet and the last few years the Bills are in Buffalo being linked to and defending human garbage.

link?

link?

Just scroll down a little. It's paid-access only for the full article, but the gist of the headline is that we're rumored to be a candidate for Vick.

It's a rumor. Wake me up if something actually happens, and I'll figure out how I feel about it then.

Just scroll down a little. It's paid-access only for the full article, but the gist of the headline is that we're rumored to be a candidate for Vick.

It's a rumor. Wake me up if something actually happens, and I'll figure out how I feel about it then.

read my message and see what I underlined on Sharper's post....thats what I want a link for

Vick is not a terrible QB, a terrible human perhaps, but if you are honest with yourself he is about midpack in the current NFL.

But for me its a tossup: Jerkoff Jesus Tebow on this team, or getting ready to play- the -Jesus card because I am a despicable human, Mike Vick.........hmmmmmmmm make mine a Donovan McNabb please!

Fair enough he is a midpack QB. Is that even an upgrade from Trent or Fitzy considering the baggage he brings?

And for Tebow I would love him on the Bills..... As our version of Tom Rathman or Mike Alstott. Line him up in the Wildcat from time to time. Just don't let him take a snap from under center and don't draft him before the fourth round...

With Ralph as owner, and Russ Brandon still owning partial control over this franchise (opposed to what some others believe) the stupidest of stupid is always possible. 9 out of 10 moves made by Ralph at this point in time end up as utter failures. Any common sense fan realizes nothing will change until Ralph is no longer the head man. The guy (presently) is an awful businessman who continues to hold back the franchise.

I will add that I would be shocked if Buddy would make such a move, as I believe he knwos way better than to think Vick is a good idea in Buffalo. If it were to happen it would only be confirmation that Ralph and Russ are still calling shots and not Nix, and that nothing has changed at One Bills Drive after all.

Fair enough he is a midpack QB. Is that even an upgrade from Trent or Fitzy considering the baggage he brings?

And for Tebow I would love him on the Bills..... As our version of Tim Rathman or Mike Alscott. Line him up in the Wildcat from time to time. Just don't let him take a snap from under center and don't draft him before the fourth round...

If they will cut out his tongue, I would accept your plan.

is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of smoke aroung vick and the bills

the dog things bothers the hell out of me and he is not a grear qb, but as a stop gap until we can get the right guy he would be an upgrade

And for Tebow I would love him on the Bills..... As our version of Tim Rathman or Mike Alscott. Line him up in the Wildcat from time to time. Just don't let him take a snap from under center and don't draft him before the fourth round...

Yes, he's an upgrade. He's accomplished more than either of the QB's we have combined. There is no baggage he brings if people don't create any.

there are way worse people in the league than vick that are even more appalling............. from a human sense.

leonard little, donte stallworth, ray lewis were all involved in the killing of people. not animals, but people.

and then there's the dozens of cases of players beating the wife, girlfriend, ect.

you talk about human garbage? these are the truest, Consistent with fact or reality, examples of human garbage

I am getting so sick of all this dog business, it has to stop!!! Are you a !@#$ing vegetarian?? Millions of Chicken's are slaughtered weekly, where is the remorse for them? They sit in a pen their whole lives being stuffed with hormones and then get their heads chopped off. But my god! Vick killed some dogs, and I own a dog! I'm never gonna let this stand He's a terrible human blah blah blah, what a crock of ****. Just get over it, he served his time let it be.

I am getting so sick of all this dog business, it has to stop!!! Are you a !@#$ing vegetarian?? Millions of Chicken's are slaughtered weekly, where is the remorse for them? They sit in a pen their whole lives being stuffed with hormones and then get their heads chopped off. But my god! Vick killed some dogs, and I own a dog! I'm never gonna let this stand He's a terrible human blah blah blah, what a crock of ****. Just get over it, he served his time let it be.

Its allot more than the dogs. He ran a interstate illegal operation for multiple years. Created and ran a cover business to hide the crimes. Placed illegal bets. Lied to the the face of both his employer and the commissioner when caught.

Plus its not like he didn't have a history of shady activity before that with things like the bottle with hidden compartment with traces of drugs, and the whole Ron Mexico thing. Sure he most likely didn't kill any human beings, but he planned these crimes and carried them out over a long period of time.

I agree that he has served some time for the crimes, and he has a right to move on with his life. But I do not think it should be in the NFL, and I will not support or spend money on any team that employees someone like him. Personal choice yes, but its allot more than letting dogs fight each other or torturing and killing the animals in my opinion.

I don't believe the issue at hand has anything to do with ones eating habits, but rather the sense of right, wrong and everyday sanity. When's the last time you met someone who beat dogs to death, electrocuted dogs or drowned them. Hunters don't do that, sick people do. It's just not a healthy mind. He served his time, so he's good there and paid his judicial debt, but that has no bearing on the court of public opinion.

there are way worse people in the league than vick that are even more appalling............. from a human sense.

leonard little, donte stallworth, ray lewis were all involved in the killing of people. not animals, but people.

and then there's the dozens of cases of players beating the wife, girlfriend, ect.

you talk about human garbage? these are the truest, Consistent with fact or reality, examples of human garbage

Agree that Leonard little, donte stallworth killed a human which is a worse crime, but it wasn't like it was a planned crime. Especially with Donte, since he did sleep and thought he had the booze out of his system, and tried to make things right.

Anyone could have accidentally hit someone, but very few people would have pulled the stuff that Vick did.

I think the planned criminal organization with cover run over long period of time is a worse crime, because it hurt more people and put allot of money into hands of other criminals as well who most likely used that money for much worse crimes. Ray is different story and agree with you some what in that case. People that commits crimes like that should not be allow to be in positions like that I do not believe, but as long as people continue to support them they will be allowed to be.

I have also chosen never to watch a game or support a team that Ray Lewis plays on, and have not watched any game that he or Vick have participated in, and have boycotted the corporate sponsors of both teams they have played for since they have come back.

Does that make Vick a bad sign for Bills, I don't know. I hope they don't sign him, and don't think he is a good enough QB to overcome the drop off in physical talent that usually hits athletes when they hit 30. If they do sign him, I think they will be sorry both from economical standpoint, as he will become the face of the franchise, and in the win loss column, since think his best days are way behind him.

He never was a great passer, or great at reading defences, but could hit the home run and was fastest player on the field most of the time. If he hasn't already, it is likely the speed and big play with feet ability are on decline. He was out of football for most of 3 years and on bench for most of last year, so he has some playing to do just to get back to the level he was at reading defences and feel for the pocket. He was injured almost every year he played due to his style of play, so likely will not make it through the year if he becomes a starter again.

With all those negatives I don't think he is worth the loss of face and potential loss of fan base that would come with the signing. Yes the Eagles didn't take much of a hit, but he wasn't their starter or face of their franchise like would be if came here and was actually able to win the starting job.

who are Tim Rathman and Mike Alscott?

Also, Tebow is slow, while he might have a better arm then most backs that run the wildcat, he is nowhere near the running threat. In a formation designed to be advantageous to the run, I would prefer a better runner. However if he's there in the 4th you could do worse. But, I don't see Jacksonville letting him get past the 3rd.

Agree that Leonard little, donte stallworth killed a human which is a worse crime, but it wasn't like it was a planned crime. Especially with Donte, since he did sleep and thought he had the booze out of his system, and tried to make things right.

Anyone could have accidentally hit someone, but very few people would have pulled the stuff that Vick did.

I think the planned criminal organization with cover run over long period of time is a worse crime, because it hurt more people and put allot of money into hands of other criminals as well who most likely used that money for much worse crimes. Ray is different story and agree with you some what in that case. People that commits crimes like that should not be allow to be in positions like that I do not believe, but as long as people continue to support them they will be allowed to be.

I have also chosen never to watch a game or support a team that Ray Lewis plays on, and have not watched any game that he or Vick have participated in, and have boycotted the corporate sponsors of both teams they have played for since they have come back.

Does that make Vick a bad sign for Bills, I don't know. I hope they don't sign him, and don't think he is a good enough QB to overcome the drop off in physical talent that usually hits athletes when they hit 30. If they do sign him, I think they will be sorry both from economical standpoint, as he will become the face of the franchise, and in the win loss column, since think his best days are way behind him.

He never was a great passer, or great at reading defences, but could hit the home run and was fastest player on the field most of the time. If he hasn't already, it is likely the speed and big play with feet ability are on decline. He was out of football for most of 3 years and on bench for most of last year, so he has some playing to do just to get back to the level he was at reading defences and feel for the pocket. He was injured almost every year he played due to his style of play, so likely will not make it through the year if he becomes a starter again.

With all those negatives I don't think he is worth the loss of face and potential loss of fan base that would come with the signing. Yes the Eagles didn't take much of a hit, but he wasn't their starter or face of their franchise like would be if came here and was actually able to win the starting job.

This is an awesome perspective! Thanks... :worthy:

What a nice well thought out respose...interesting and it made me think for once.

Vick is not a terrible QB, a terrible human perhaps, but if you are honest with yourself he is about midpack in the current NFL.

But for me its a tossup: Jerkoff Jesus Tebow on this team, or getting ready to play- the -Jesus card because I am a despicable human, Mike Vick.........hmmmmmmmm make mine a Donovan McNabb please!

Vick is not a good QB. A good Running Back who throws the ball? Yes...at least he was. Now? Who knows?

Get no arguement from me. I wouldn't want any of them near my team. It amazes me how easily people forget this stuff. In my mind Kobe Bryant is rapist first and maybe top5 basketball player of all time second. Never live it down in my mind.

Pass on Vick for multiple reasons. As stated by previous posters, he wasn't a very good QB before he got locked up, great athlete yes, but as far as reading defenses he was below average. And since his incarceration he seems to have lost a step, I have serious doubts as to Vick ever being the explosive player he once was. Then there is the the dog fighting/terrible character thing, the QB should be the leader of the team, Vick is in no position to be leading anyone. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly to this post. If we brought Vick in I'm willing to bet it would increase the number of young drunken D-bags at the stadium. Honestly I can do without an increase of mouthy, inconsiderate, schmucks who think they are badass bills fans, cuz they have a Vick jersey on. Most of these sorts of characters that I have come across at the stadium have a very low level of football intelligence and do nothing more then bring down the Ralph Wilson experience. Just say no to Vick.

Get no arguement from me. I wouldn't want any of them near my team. It amazes me how easily people forget this stuff. In my mind Kobe Bryant is rapist first and maybe top5 basketball player of all time second. Never live it down in my mind.

Kobe and Roethlisberger go raping in Aspen on the weekends, Marcus Vick tags along occasionally, but he hunts the arcades

who are Tim Rathman and Mike Alscott?

Also, Tebow is slow, while he might have a better arm then most backs that run the wildcat, he is nowhere near the running threat. In a formation designed to be advantageous to the run, I would prefer a better runner. However if he's there in the 4th you could do worse. But, I don't see Jacksonville letting him get past the 3rd.

Sorry about the typo... Agreed no way he gets past Jacksonville in the third. You may be right about him being slow but the inability to consistently throw the ball out of the wildcat is what stops it. Defenses automatically blitz their OLB's and corners playing zone coverage with the safeties over the top. A credible passing threat could be a huge advantage.

The other issue is whether or not he could physically survive the FB or even HB position in the NFL. Can he take running into a DT or LB every down? Don't know but I just don't see him being a QB in this league even though he is on team Jesus.

Thats right i was coming...all you clowns sayin " OH HE SUCKS" OR "OH HE KILLED DOGS"...MOVE ON...how do you know he sucks it was what 4 years since he played..AND HE WAS SPECTACULAR WHEN HE PLAYED....we get a rookie hell we wont make it nowhere again cuz you fools wont wait till he get better you'll be callin for his head....you wanna bring up accuracy ok..HOW CAN YOU BE ACCURATE WHEN YOUR RECEIVERS SUCK...its like throwing to a brick wall...and youd rather keep trent or fitzpatrick or get noodle arm pennington...you guys are jokes..they couldnt even wash his shoes...if you dont wanna be a fan when he comes to buffalo fine BE GONE trust me he'll come with 5x more fans than your sorry a$$es..you werent a real buffalo fan if one player comes and you go...YOU WERE BANDWAGON...and if he does get us to the playoff or let alone a superbowl...DONT COMEBACK WE DONT NEED YOU..Got damnit...such jerkoffs on this site... :worthy::blush::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

vicks the worst! death to him! dogs are more precious then anything! bills are the worst franchise in the history of sports if they sign him!

blah blah blah blah blah....

Everything he just said.

And another thing, for all you "people are worth more than animals" preachers. Do you even understand that what most of us are raging about is the torturous PAIN he inflicted on the dogs, and that we'd be obviously just as upset (some of us moreso) if he had done this to humans? It's the ACT that we abhor, not the fact that he did it to cute, cuddly animals.

The fact of the matter is this: Those of us screaming out our rage against Michael Vick and his cohorts are the same people screaming about the atrocities being perpetrated to humans around the globe. Those of you defending Michael Vick and trying to spin this against us are the same people who NEVER get involved in ANY advocacy of ANY kind, either for humans OR animals. You're not fooling anybody.

Calling ME a jerkoff when you are obviously a thug with a decent spellchecker....unreal.

Thats right i was coming...all you clowns sayin " OH HE SUCKS" OR "OH HE KILLED DOGS"...MOVE ON...how do you know he sucks it was what 4 years since he played..AND HE WAS SPECTACULAR WHEN HE PLAYED....we get a rookie hell we wont make it nowhere again cuz you fools wont wait till he get better you'll be callin for his head....you wanna bring up accuracy ok..HOW CAN YOU BE ACCURATE WHEN YOUR RECEIVERS SUCK...its like throwing to a brick wall...and youd rather keep trent or fitzpatrick or get noodle arm pennington...you guys are jokes..they couldnt even wash his shoes...if you dont wanna be a fan when he comes to buffalo fine BE GONE trust me he'll come with 5x more fans than your sorry a$$es..you werent a real buffalo fan if one player comes and you go...YOU WERE BANDWAGON...and if he does get us to the playoff or let alone a superbowl...DONT COMEBACK WE DONT NEED YOU..Got damnit...such jerkoffs on this site... :worthy::blush::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Define spectacular? Career QB rating of 75? 45 sacks given up in 2006? Career completion percentage 53.7? Vick has been far from spectacular.

This is an awesome perspective! Thanks... :worthy:

What a nice well thought out respose...interesting and it made me think for once.

The only thing it made me think about was why the poster didn't realize that there was a spell check. If you want to make a point, and do it via the written English language, REVIEW the ****ty posts you make. :blush:

Pass on Vick for multiple reasons. As stated by previous posters, he wasn't a very good QB before he got locked up, great athlete yes, but as far as reading defenses he was below average. And since his incarceration he seems to have lost a step, I have serious doubts as to Vick ever being the explosive player he once was. Then there is the the dog fighting/terrible character thing, the QB should be the leader of the team, Vick is in no position to be leading anyone. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly to this post. If we brought Vick in I'm willing to bet it would increase the number of young drunken D-bags at the stadium. Honestly I can do without an increase of mouthy, inconsiderate, schmucks who think they are badass bills fans, cuz they have a Vick jersey on. Most of these sorts of characters that I have come across at the stadium have a very low level of football intelligence and do nothing more then bring down the Ralph Wilson experience. Just say no to Vick.

Who's jersey do they wear now, because they are already there. Is it an old McGahee jersey because we don't like him. Or is it a Lynch Jersey because he fits the bill. These idiots are going to be there weather or not we sign Vick. This opinion is ridiculous. When we signed Anthony Hargrove did drunken idiots storm the Ralph? yeah they did, they were Lee Evans fans. :worthy:

So what exactly, does anyone know, is Jim Kelly's relationship with the Buffalo Bills? I have to believe, if he has any voice in the organization, he is telling them "just say no to Mike Vick"...

Also, at the risk of sounding stupid (never stopped me before I know) maybe Buddy Nix, and Chan Gailey, being southerners, are not as uncomfortable with he dog thing as some of us might be? And, if Gailey is the great utilizer of offensive talent that he is purported to be, why not take a chance on Vick? He is a unique talent... maybe not a great NFL QB, but a unique talent none the less...

And another thing, for all you "people are worth more than animals" preachers. Do you even understand that what most of us are raging about is the torturous PAIN he inflicted on the dogs, and that we'd be obviously just as upset (some of us moreso) if he had done this to humans? It's the ACT that we abhor, not the fact that he did it to cute, cuddly animals.

The fact of the matter is this: Those of us screaming out our rage against Michael Vick and his cohorts are the same people screaming about the atrocities being perpetrated to humans around the globe. Those of you defending Michael Vick and trying to spin this against us are the same people who NEVER get involved in ANY advocacy of ANY kind, either for humans OR animals. You're not fooling anybody.

Calling ME a jerkoff when you are obviously a thug with a decent spellchecker....unreal.

Do you honestly believe Mike Vick actually was hands on in killing dogs? If so you don't understand the NFL lifestyle. Vick never even had to come in contact with a dog. He had people for that. The disconnect was so, that if he or most any other NFLer wanted something illegal done, that he would just have one of his cronies do it for him. Mike Vick never electrocuted or drowned dogs. It happened on property he owned, and yes with his knowledge. There is no getting around that he broke the law and that he may have knew that this kind of thing was going on, but to put him at the pinnacle of the physical abuse is absurd. I'm sure Jarred Allen has cut the heads off of a chicken or two in his day. Get a grip.

And for the record, no to Vick, because of football.