ESPN Truth and Rumors: Buffalo and Vick

sharper802

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What he said. :worthy:

I don't know what I'll do if they sign him. It will make me physically ill and I might have to put my Bills fandom on hold. It would be hard to do so but I would really despise the signing.

While I respect an opinion, this one is really.......really dramatic.

geez.....

I don't agree. Forgive and forget? No thanks.

oh come off it. I eat chickens and pigs and beef but I don't pretend that the animals aren't treated inhumanely by any standard, and far worse than Vick ever treated dogs. I'm not crying alligator tears and insisting Tyson be put in jail or that the fat guys eating sausages at the tailgate be set up as accomplices, but I jus t think its hypocritical to jump all over Vick for something bad he did and for which he paid the price.

http://animalrights.about.com/b/2008/09/17...actory-farm.htm

I would also recommend Jonathan Safran Foer's new book "Eating Animals" if you are so concerned about the way we treat animals.

Vick is not a terrible QB, a terrible human perhaps, but if you are honest with yourself he is about midpack in the current NFL.

But for me its a tossup: Jerkoff Jesus Tebow on this team, or getting ready to play- the -Jesus card because I am a despicable human, Mike Vick.........hmmmmmmmm make mine a Donovan McNabb please!

Well he's no Ozzy Osbourne shooting 17 cats and biting the heads off of live animals but he made some mistakes. I thought no one was beyond forgiveness.

:lol: - Awesome!

He made a mistake. Definitely. But being in Philly, this guy has been a good team player. He's repented of his mistakes. And he's actually improved as the year has gone on. He's really worked hard to get back to where he was. I think he'll break out this year. But I think Philly will pick up his option. (unless it's too late).

He is a mediocre QB and a PR nightmare.

And please, let's stop with the slippery slope "if you eat meat you can't criticize the torture of dogs" argument. I can certainly do both at the same time without fear of contradiction, as can anyone with a brain and some common sense.

He is a mediocre QB and a PR nightmare.

And please, let's stop with the slippery slope "if you eat meat you can't criticize the torture of dogs" argument. I can certainly do both at the same time without fear of contradiction, as can anyone with a brain and some common sense.

one is exploiting animals for entertainment, the other is exploiting them for food. i guess you could make the argument in the latter case at least they're not forced into violence and their death is more humane than drowning, but at the end of the day its a miserable existence either way

Fair enough he is a midpack QB. Is that even an upgrade from Trent or Fitzy considering the baggage he brings?

And for Tebow I would love him on the Bills..... As our version of Tom Rathman or Mike Alstott. Line him up in the Wildcat from time to time. Just don't let him take a snap from under center and don't draft him before the fourth round...

I would love to have him on the Bills too. As for whether he can line up under center, or where he gets drafted, lets see how he does in the Senior Bowl this weekend. Except for the first day (Monday), he's had a good week of practice.

:lol: - Awesome!

He made a mistake. Definitely. But being in Philly, this guy has been a good team player. He's repented of his mistakes. And he's actually improved as the year has gone on. He's really worked hard to get back to where he was. I think he'll break out this year. But I think Philly will pick up his option. (unless it's too late).

Improved how?? From what?

He killed fewer pets?

Bills front runners for Vick???

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

If they sign him I am done. From a football sense it is a dumb move. He's awful. And don't give me that mobile QB behind a bad offensive line cr@p. He was one of the most sacked QB's in the league before he was incarcerated. From a human sense it is appalling. I can't believe that Ralph would spend his last few years on this planet and the last few years the Bills are in Buffalo being linked to and defending human garbage.

don't get all crazy....I don't see RW signing vick

one is exploiting animals for entertainment, the other is exploiting them for food. i guess you could make the argument in the latter case at least they're not forced into violence and their death is more humane than drowning, but at the end of the day its a miserable existence either way

look at the posted video. Its not exploitation, its torture. And it has nothing to do with food. Animals can be slaughtered in a more humane way but what happened in these factory farms goes way beyond anything michael vick ever did. I'm not taking the PETA side on this but any non vegans who are criticizing vick should look up the saying about glass houses and stones.

oh come off it. I eat chickens and pigs and beef but I don't pretend that the animals aren't treated inhumanely by any standard, and far worse than Vick ever treated dogs. I'm not crying alligator tears and insisting Tyson be put in jail or that the fat guys eating sausages at the tailgate be set up as accomplices, but I jus t think its hypocritical to jump all over Vick for something bad he did and for which he paid the price.

http://animalrights.about.com/b/2008/09/17...actory-farm.htm

I would also recommend Jonathan Safran Foer's new book "Eating Animals" if you are so concerned about the way we treat animals.

Perfect! I can't stand all the people who whine and rant about how Vick shouldn't be in the NFL and if he lands the job in Buffalo your not going to be a bills fan. I say good, leave! Then we won't have as many worthless, opinionated, hypocritical, "lets jump on the bandwagon" posts and threads. this guy said it perfectly.

Vick did his time, paid his price, and I would love to give him a chance to step back into the huddle as our starting QB.

I am getting so sick of all this dog business, it has to stop!!! Are you a !@#$ing vegetarian?? Millions of Chicken's are slaughtered weekly, where is the remorse for them? They sit in a pen their whole lives being stuffed with hormones and then get their heads chopped off. But my god! Vick killed some dogs, and I own a dog! I'm never gonna let this stand He's a terrible human blah blah blah, what a crock of ****. Just get over it, he served his time let it be.

^^^^^

Perfect! I can't stand all the people who whine and rant about how Vick shouldn't be in the NFL and if he lands the job in Buffalo your not going to be a bills fan. I say good, leave! Then we won't have as many worthless, opinionated, hypocritical, "lets jump on the bandwagon" posts and threads. this guy said it perfectly.

Vick did his time, paid his price, and I would love to give him a chance to step back into the huddle as our starting QB.

You pathetic little child. You are telling other fans to leave? With your 41 posts?

Who's jersey do they wear now, because they are already there. Is it an old McGahee jersey because we don't like him. Or is it a Lynch Jersey because he fits the bill. These idiots are going to be there weather or not we sign Vick. This opinion is ridiculous. When we signed Anthony Hargrove did drunken idiots storm the Ralph? yeah they did, they were Lee Evans fans. :lol:

Agreed there are idiot fans everywhere, but Vick is a far bigger name then Anthony Hargrove, thus he comes with more support, more fans. If Vick is signed, he will sell tickets, just like TO last year. TO brought a lot casual fans who really just knew TO was a star and that was reason enough for them to be at a game. I saw fans this past year cheering for TO while we were on defense... Bottom line, Vick will sell tickets to Vick fans. Maybe its just me, but I tend to find a lot of Vick fans to be irritating and irrational (not all, but enough). Just read some of the garbage posts around here about Donovan "McFag" not being as good as Vick... really? Donovan McNabb a guy who has consistently been in the playoffs is a less viable option then a guy who hasn't started at QB in 4 years and has obviously lost a step.

Also says Merriman could end up in Green Bay, which would suck if we lose out on him...

...Brandon Marshall could be traded QUICKLY...

and TEBOW could be drafted by the PATRIOTS! (this will be very bad for us...belichick would turn him into an all-pro!)

Perry might not install the Tampa-2 in NYG.

Troy Smith could be coming to Buffalo for the right price.

Sanchez's knee is a big problem.

Jason Taylor could be a Patriot in 2010.

AND IT STILL HAS "BILLS" NEXT TO GREGG WILLIAMS' NAME!!! hahaha!

I am getting so sick of all this dog business, it has to stop!!! Are you a !@#$ing vegetarian?? Millions of Chicken's are slaughtered weekly, where is the remorse for them? They sit in a pen their whole lives being stuffed with hormones and then get their heads chopped off. But my god! Vick killed some dogs, and I own a dog! I'm never gonna let this stand He's a terrible human blah blah blah, what a crock of ****. Just get over it, he served his time let it be.

I can not dispute what your saying , yet I do not have a chicken sharing my chair right now

food inc great movie