Gailey adds Giff Smith to Bills staff

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of questions.

1) how the HELL do you hire a LBs coach before your DC is in place? wtf is it with this organization?

2) what is a "recruiting coordinator," and how does it prepare you to coach linebackers in the NFL???

1) maybe he knows who it'll be already

2) he was also the defensive line coach at GT for 5 years, took on recruiting in addition to coaching the last few years

ok, just stop it right now! you and I both know this organization is way to inept to actually work that way...they have a dart board on the wall and every day they throw one dart...where ever it lands, that is the coach they will hire....i mean, are you actually suggesting that they have a final candidate in mind and have run this decision by him/her? wow...gimme some of what you are on...... :beer:

1) maybe he knows who it'll be already

ok, just stop it right now! you and I both know this organization is way to inept to actually work that way...they have a dart board on the wall and every day they throw one dart...where ever it lands, that is the coach they will hire....i mean, are you actually suggesting that they have a final candidate in mind and have run this decision by him/her? wow...gimme some of what you are on...... :beer:

ha. well I said "maybe" afterall

Couple of questions.

1) how the HELL do you hire a LBs coach before your DC is in place? wtf is it with this organization?

2) what is a "recruiting coordinator," and how does it prepare you to coach linebackers in the NFL???

link

Surprised he was able to pry him out of Georgia.

I'd like to be an ILB coach. One, maybe two employees, and I'd get 100K+, never get hit, and could sell used cars in the off-season. :beer:

LOL... here's how times have changed, years ago Elmira was the O's AA team. Earl Weaver was manager here for a few years and met his wife. Became the O's manager in 1969 but still came back here with her in the off season and sold cars for Elmira Chrysler Plymouth!

...Now days they all make too much $$$ and don't have to bother with dealing with the simple people unless they get paid.

You know what has impressed me so far, the fact that Buddy Nix said he had a plan and a process and he's carrying through with it. Gailey fits his criteria for coach and both Nix and Gailey stressed the ability to teach as a HUGE requirement for assistants.

I don't have a clue who Giff Smith is or what he's capable of but if his highly regarded as a recruiter that says something about his ability to relate to young players. Something the Bills have in droves

I LOVE the fact that "football guys" are apparently running the "football" operation. Maybe Ralph has learned his lesson.