Today's Larry Felser Article

sobaboy

Best article coming out of the News in a long time. Fair, balanced and with insight. This is how journalism is supposed to work!

Link - http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/933417.html

It is too bad many of the younger readers have to read garbage from the likes of Sully on an almost daily basis without the well researched and written articles like this to compare it to.

I'm just having one of those opinionated days!

Thanks Larry you are missed.

Has the NFL ever tried to move a franchise there and had it blocked by Davis? I think Davis is just in love with the image that he has created for himself.

I seem to remember that Al was left out of the merger talks and didn't even know there had been a merger (a the time he was commissioner of the AFL). I think if they could push something through like that then, they could do the same now.

Has the NFL ever tried to move a franchise there and had it blocked by Davis? I think Davis is just in love with the image that he has created for himself.

I seem to remember that Al was left out of the merger talks and didn't even know there had been a merger (a the time he was commissioner of the AFL). I think if they could push something through like that then, they could do the same now.

Why was Larry in touch with Al while writing a book about the birth of the NFL when he was left out of those talks according to you?

Anyway, best Felser article in a long time. Some of his stuff has been embarassing lately but this article was very enjoyable.

So we like Larry today?

Does anyone *not* like him? That doesn't mean you ignore the issues with his fact checking or sourcing in his columns, but there is one thing I'd like to note.

He specifically states his source for the information on the raiders. Try getting a reporter these days to even more than generally identify a source: "Uh...it's a guy who is in some way sorta related to the NFL...possibly....and he may be another reporter going on a gut feeling."

I wish some of them would listen to Felser on the standards for 'sourcing' information. There's actually standards and ethics involved even if you're not 'revealing' the source.

Al Davis' argument is that he paid a relocation fee when the Raiders moved to Los Angeles, but he never was returned the money when he left LA.

I wouldn't call Al Davis undefeated in the court room. The reason why he has any argument is because he lost the court case challenging the relocation fee.

fair and balanced opinion but really, what's the fascination with Tebow??? Another gimmick to get Bills pr??

I don't care to know what Nix and Gailey's opinion on Tebow - I'm assuming they won't draft him.

You should never ASSUME anything when it come to the bills, no matter who's in the FO.

Does anyone *not* like him? That doesn't mean you ignore the issues with his fact checking or sourcing in his columns, but there is one thing I'd like to note.

He specifically states his source for the information on the raiders. Try getting a reporter these days to even more than generally identify a source: "Uh...it's a guy who is in some way sorta related to the NFL...possibly....and he may be another reporter going on a gut feeling."

I wish some of them would listen to Felser on the standards for 'sourcing' information. There's actually standards and ethics involved even if you're not 'revealing' the source.

This. :ph34r: I

We just need to freeze Larry until science can solve the whole aging thing and that way we can bring him back with Paul McGuire on Empire.

Jerry Sullivan is a hack and always has been and if he doesn't like Nix breaking him off, he should stop being a tabloid sports journalist. Or he can go to work for US weekly and then maybe he'll be more comfortable covering Paris Hilton or Bradgelina.

I love that Raiders and Al Davis tag.

I figured that alot of the noise coming from that blowhard in LA was a sales pitch. Create some controversy. Or, like seems to be the strategy at ESPN, throw it all on the wall and see what sticks.

I will say this again: outside of the CA teams, the only viable option to move are the Jaguars.

The 49ers and Chargers would gain little by moving a mere few hours away.

The Raiders could use their own market, but something about the Oakland Raiders is just too nostalgic to pass up. And 'ol Al moved FROM LA to Oakland for some reason.

Sure, trying to fill a stadium of 100,000 for 8 games per year proved impossible, but the fickle fan base in LA, despite its media rankings, also caused the LA Rams to leave for St. Louis.

I remember listening to Monday Night Quarterback with Larry Felser and John Murphy on WBEN...Man, I am dating myself...

I used to call in to that show... and met Felser and Murphy with Carucci once... Based off of the times I've spoken with Larry Felser, character-wise, he is a very nice person.

As far as his comments/articles on the team, I've always found his opinion to be right more than not and he does seem to deeply care for the organization. Nobody's perfect... but his articles are usually a good (sometimes great) read...

The best part is that Al Davis & the Raiders still have the rights to Los Angeles & it won't be easy to move another team there, Bills included.

Why does Larry Felser need to mock Ed Roski, the gentlemen trying to bring pro-football back to Los Angeles by referring to him as "some rich guy" and "bozo"? As if there's such a thing as a poor NFL owner.

Al Davis may think he holds the NFL rights to Los Angeles. And as Mr. Felser points out he's still undefeated in the courtroom. But the NFL wants a team in LA. Mostly because it's second largest TV market in the country. There is no way they're going to let Al Davis stand in the way.

I don't think Davis has a leg to stand on. How can claim that a new team 400 miles south of Oakland is going to hurt him or the Raiders. It would be like the Bills trying to keep a team out of Cleveland after the old Browns moved to Baltimore.

I've been following this story somewhat lately. If you're interested point your browser to: http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/

The people behind the effort to return football to LA, are 100% certain they'll have a team there in 2011. But I don't think us Bills fans have much to worry about. Not as long as Ralph Wilson is alive and in charge of things. After that, who knows.