Gailey approved to cut Trent Edwards or Ryan Fitzpatrick IF NEEDED

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edwards is as good as gone.

I wouldn't be so sure, Gailey's known for getting the most out of mediocre QB's. I've even heard a few analysts say that he might be able to turn 'ol Trent around...

Regardless there will be one or more new QB's in the building next year!

I wouldn't be so sure, Gailey's known for getting the most out of mediocre QB's. I've even heard a few analysts say that he might be able to turn 'ol Trent around...

Regardless there will be one or more new QB's in the building next year!

Haven't we seen enough of T.E.? He was only a 3rd round pick.

:flirt:

I think Edwards as gone, not because he wouldn't make an acceptable backup but because he's mentally spent in Buffalo. He's turned on the city, the fans have turned on him. It's time for him to go.

I agree that Edwards is probably gone. Just curious what you've seen that indicates that he's turned on the city. Do you mean "turned on" or "turned on"?! :flirt::):doh:

It's a serious question, though.

Haven't we seen enough of T.E.? He was only a 3rd round pick.

:flirt:

I think we have, but we've got a new coach that can develop QB's, the guys on the roster for another year and he might be a decent back-up. Guess I'm not sure why we would cut him, just bring in a rookie and a vet to compete!

Chan needs to evaluate Edwards, Fitz, and Brohm himself based upon having a better prospective O-line next year. Then determine which of the three he will be cut.

My guess is that Chan will bring in a veteran QB (possibly McNabb) and draft a QB to groom for the next few years (in either R1 or R2) and then keep either Edwards or Fitz as an experienced backup.

He might trade Edwards or Fitz if he can get something for one or both of them since I think he would like to stockpile draft picks.

It would be really something to see Chan work some magic with either Edwards or Fitz. My opinion is that Edwards has a higher upside than Fitz. Edwards has lost confidence in himself, but the pourous O-line greatly contributed to that.

I haven't seen Brohm play at all to offer any comment on him.

I agree that Edwards is probably gone. Just curious what you've seen that indicates that he's turned on the city. Do you mean "turned on" or "turned on"?! :flirt::):doh:

It's a serious question, though.

I think that Edwards saying "I'm not a fan of this team" was a pretty good indication of where his head is at.

I don't know why this is news? Neither Edwards nor Fitzpatrick are being paid top dollar, so cutting them would be a non-issue. Thankfully the Bills didn't give Edwards an extension (and with it a huge raise), like some suggested.

+1 - Edwards is hopeless

I do think Fitz should be kept though, at least through training camp to compete. I think Gailey could work with him.

As good as he looked throwing the ball in that blizzard against the Colts, I'd say Fitzy should definitely be back. The Bills need to draft an LT with their first pick and just hope that Fitzy, Brohm or a guy draft in rd 3 or later can show signs of becoming the guy. Next year is when they should draft a QB in the first round if they still need one.

Edwards......Fitzpatrick.......Brohm

one of them is gone for sure.....the other two might stick around as backups for whoever they bring in.

i say edwards is gone......just doesn't have the passion or fire needed to be a leader....plus i think he lost Lee Evans support.....which would be crucial.

This is good news for Gailey. It allows him to evaluate his roster first hand, as opposed to cutting players based on past production. Given the quality of coaching that TE has had in Buffalo, coupled with the extraordinary carousel of an OL...it

makes sense to give the coach that chance.

It does the bills no good to throw the baby out with the wash. Might as well give a REAL coach a chance to find out if he can do anything with TE.

Funny... JP was in this very same situation. But Fassel found a way to win with him........ I'm just saying.