Opinion time....what starting OT's will be available

Beluga declared recently. He is the best run blocker of them all, and a big reason why I want him. His pass protection is ok, but I would be happier with him on the right side than left. As far as the second round goes, I dont think we find any LTs better than him though. I just hope we had an OL in the 2nd - because the value will be there and we have the luxary of being able to draft any position on the OL - as Butler/Wood can slide around. Okung in the 1st is my #2 choice behind only Suh. Okung and Beluga would give us the best young tackles around.

I cannot understand why people even care about the #9 pick. If the Bills are gonna get good they need to TRADE DOWN. We need to accumulate draft picks and a bunch of them and get more talent in here. One good OL will not help, we need OL, DL, LB and a bunch them plus maybe a WR. We can't get that all done with a handful of picks. Bail on the #9 and start gathering draft pick!!!

I cannot understand why people even care about the #9 pick. If the Bills are gonna get good they need to TRADE DOWN. We need to accumulate draft picks and a bunch of them and get more talent in here. One good OL will not help, we need OL, DL, LB and a bunch them plus maybe a WR. We can't get that all done with a handful of picks. Bail on the #9 and start gathering draft pick!!!

Our team is full of mediocre talent and you want to trade down and acquire more mediocre talent? We have a shot at a difference maker at 9. I don't want to give that up for 2 more middle of the road players.

That is one mistake the Bills have made repeatedly. Moving up for Losman and McCargo was horrendous. Not trading down to still get Whitner was stupid. Smart front office's like the Pats are always accumulating picks. The second round picks are gold, good players and non-first round money, leaves more $ for F/As and resigning your own vets.

Our team is full of mediocre talent and you want to trade down and acquire more mediocre talent? We have a shot at a difference maker at 9. I don't want to give that up for 2 more middle of the road players.

Every remember the San Fran draft where they kept trading down and trading down?????

They ended up with:

Larry Roberts

Tom Rathman

Tim McKyer

John Taylor

Charles Haley

Steve Wallace

Don Griffin

Real Value in the 2nd:

--Jon Asamoah OG Illinois

--Bruce Campbell OT Maryland

Value in the 2nd:

--Maurkice Pouncey OC Florida

Should Be There in the 2nd:

--Jason Fox OT Miami

--Selvish Capers OT West Virginia

--Ciron Black OG LSU

Could Be There Even in the 3rd:

--Mike Johnson OG Alabama

--Matt Tennant OC Boston College

--Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin

Amen. We only need to address a few positions, but we need to hit on those. People get so obsessed with trading down. If the right opportunity is there and the guy(s) we want aren't, then sure. But otherwise we should take a player of value there that fills one of top needs (LT, QB).

Every remember the San Fran draft where they kept trading down and trading down?????

They ended up with:

Larry Roberts

Tom Rathman

Tim McKyer

John Taylor

Charles Haley

Steve Wallace

Don Griffin

When was that?? 1978??? No, actually, I don't remember that. I do remember the Browns continuously trading down last year and getting a center and some other below average talent. They had an awful draft. I also remember the Patriots trading down and trading down and missing their targeted player (Percy Harvin). They had a pretty good draft anyway, but then again, they're in a totally different position than we are. Chung, Brace, and Vollmer were all picks for the future. We have holes to fill now.

Beluga declared recently. He is the best run blocker of them all, and a big reason why I want him. His pass protection is ok, but I would be happier with him on the right side than left. As far as the second round goes, I dont think we find any LTs better than him though. I just hope we had an OL in the 2nd - because the value will be there and we have the luxary of being able to draft any position on the OL - as Butler/Wood can slide around. Okung in the 1st is my #2 choice behind only Suh. Okung and Beluga would give us the best young tackles around.

I don't normally care about typos. but if you are talking to so highly of BULAGA, I'd expec you'd know how to spell his name. How many games of his have you even seen?

there are at least 6 OT's that most mocks have going in the 1st round..obviously thos 6 are the best 6...this leaves about 4 OT's that might be 2nd or 3rd round talent...these are:

1st round:

Russell Okung, Oklahoma State, 6-5 302

Trent Williams, Oklahoma, 6-5 318

*Anthony Davis, Rutgers, 6-6 325

*Bryan Bulaga, Iowa, 6-6 312

*Bruce Campbell, Maryland, 6-7 310

Charles Brown, Southern Cal, 6-5 292

2nd round:

Jason Fox, Miami(fl), 6-6 314

Selvish Capers, West Virginia, 6-5 298

Kyle Calloway, Iowa, 6-6 322

Ciron Black, LSU, 6-5 322

out of all of these names I'd like to see Buffalo go after Anthony Davis in the first round, but if they do wait till round 2 then Jason fox is the guy...Capers is a RT

there are at least 6 OT's that most mocks have going in the 1st round..obviously thos 6 are the best 6...this leaves about 4 OT's that might be 2nd or 3rd round talent...these are:

1st round:

Russell Okung, Oklahoma State, 6-5 302

Trent Williams, Oklahoma, 6-5 318

*Anthony Davis, Rutgers, 6-6 325

*Bryan Bulaga, Iowa, 6-6 312

*Bruce Campbell, Maryland, 6-7 310

Charles Brown, Southern Cal, 6-5 292

2nd rouind:

Jason Fox, Miami(fl), 6-6 314

Selvish Capers, West Virginia, 6-5 298

Kyle Calloway, Iowa, 6-6 322

Ciron Black, LSU, 6-5 322

out of all of thnese names I'd like to Buffalo go after Anthony Davis in the first round, but if they do wait till round 2 then Jason fox is the guy...Capers is a RT

Ciron Black? Any relation to Avion Black?? If so, I say we go after him hard... :thumbsup:

They can get good a whole lot faster if they pick the right QB at #9...

Amen. We only need to address a few positions, but we need to hit on those. People get so obsessed with trading down. If the right opportunity is there and the guy(s) we want aren't, then sure. But otherwise we should take a player of value there that fills one of top needs (LT, QB).

When was that?? 1978??? No, actually, I don't remember that. I do remember the Browns continuously trading down last year and getting a center and some other below average talent. They had an awful draft. I also remember the Patriots trading down and trading down and missing their targeted player (Percy Harvin). They had a pretty good draft anyway, but then again, they're in a totally different position than we are. Chung, Brace, and Vollmer were all picks for the future. We have holes to fill now.

[/quote

Only need to address a few positions? I thought we had an anemic offense with no QB and a swiss cheese line and one of the worst run defenses in the league this past year. Should be no problem passing the Patriots and Jets in the division with just a few hits in the draft. Guess the Pats with their 3 no. 1s and 4 no.2s, they acquired through DEALING in the next two draft s wont be getting any better.

Only need to address a few positions? I thought we had an anemic offense with no QB and a swiss cheese line and one of the worst run defenses in the league this past year. Should be no problem passing the Patriots and Jets in the division with just a few hits in the draft. Guess the Pats with their 3 no. 1s and 4 no.2s, they acquired through DEALING in the next two draft s wont be getting any better.

Yeah, a few positions. QB, LT, LB. We need talent at those positions, not more mediocre players. If we're switching to a 3-4 then that obviously changes.

I don't think the Patriots have three number one's. I think they have just one. But they do have three two's. And they've been dealing picks for YEARS, it wasn't just a product of last year's draft. They've ruled the draft for years, but most speculation was that they were gunning for Harvin and outsmarted themselves. And we aren't exactly in the same position as the Patriots. As I said, they drafted for the future. We don't have that luxury. Think more of Cleveland's draft and what a disaster that was.

Real Value in the 2nd:

Value in the 2nd:

--Jason Fox OT Miami

--Ciron Black OG LSU

What, no love for Texas LT...

Adam Ulatoski???

Can't decide if he looks more like Art Donovan or Curly Howard, but you know they'd love him in Cheektowaga.

Real Value in the 2nd:

Value in the 2nd:

--Jason Fox OT Miami

--Ciron Black OG LSU

Astrobot, I bow to your expertise on draft matters, especially this early in the process. Thanks for the research fodder.

But mocks that I have seen don't have Bruce Campbell falling to the second. Did you mean the first?