Tebow Commercial Airing During Super Bowl

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right or wrong its his choice to speak on this issue.

He has the right to do what he's doing. And I have the right to turn the channel. And I will.

I hope we don't take him as QB, because his idiocy will annoy the piss out of me.

I don't see anything wrong with a believer like Tebow being anti-abortion, especially after his mother chose to ignore medical opinions that he should be aborted. What's he supposed to think, that his mother should have aborted him? I'm sure most people whose mothers were recommended to abort them & didn't, regardless of their other beliefs, are anti-abortion.

He can do whatever he wants as long as he stays within the law, and there has never been any question of him not being a totally law abiding citizen.

I notice he makes reference to scripture on the black strips under his eyes. Will he be able to do that in the NFL? I didnt think players are allowed to write anything on them.

I dont think he will...Reggie Bush doesnt use the '619' on his strips and with Freddie getting crap for the 'D III' and someone (cant remember the name) painting up a la Mike Vick, they tend to want to keep it plain.

As for the ad, my wife was the same case as Tebow. Advised to be aborted by her moms doctor but she chose to pass her 'assumed' dead fetus only to deliver one loud baby girl. And we still do have freedom of religion and speech so I would assume that any reasonable adult that doesnt want to view that message can change the channel for 30 seconds.

Hell, I see Valtrex and tampon commercials come on and I'm diving for the remote

He has the right to do what he's doing. And I have the right to turn the channel. And I will.

I hope we don't take him as QB, because his idiocy will annoy the piss out of me.

I hope we take him and he becomes great so that you will be annoyed and talk about how you knew we should have taken him. :unsure:

I watch sports as a diversion (or escape) from all of the political, religious, cultural, economic strife in the world. I don't need a commercial popping up during my escapism to drag me back into the real world. That being said, I ignore most of the commercials on tv, so it's no biggy for me. I do agree with the one poster on his agent stepping in, but he's a grown man.

+1(not that I'm an atheist)

That's because you don't have anything to prove. An Atheist with a point to prove = a "Religious" person with a point to prove, they're both annoying.

I hate these religious zealots. I want to puke everytime they start talking. That is the one benefit to not picking up Frazier, he probably would have been thanking Jesus at every turn just like his mentor. God doesn't invest in the outcome of a game, but nutjobs like TeBow want to praise Jesus at every opportunity. :unsure:

Leave the fairytales to the confines of 4 walls and a roof.

Tebow is a leader on the field, no question, but what exactly does he know about becoming pregnant or carrying a fetus? For that matter, what does has he endured during his 22 years on the earth that qualifies him to advise people to "focus on the family"?

Tim, play football ... heck, even come to Buffalo and be a leader here ... but if you are going to do some Bible-thumping, keep it far away from me. I heard Kurt Warner may retire ... try saving souls in the desert. Come to think of it, keep it off my TV screen, too.