Defensive Sully Fires Back At Nix

BillsPhan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a lot of people marginalizing a columnist through generalizing what he does. There are excellent columnists out there who say things that aren't popular and are routinely criticized. Ever hear of Mike Royko? How about Jim Murray, long time writer for SI?

Sully is not one of those good columnists. You can write something negative and backup with facts and connections. Name one source that this guy has that someone on this message board doesn't? So why give this guy a podium and 30k a year?

He'll keep those things as long as people keep reading him. Stop posting the links, stop visiting the links. Stop talking about him.

Sully is not one of those good columnists. You can write something negative and backup with facts and connections. Name one source that this guy has that someone on this message board doesn't? So why give this guy a podium and 30k a year?

He'll keep those things as long as people keep reading him. Stop posting the links, stop visiting the links. Stop talking about him.

Sullivan is pretty good, IMO... he may be negative, but hell, there hasn't been a lot of positive things coming from 1 Bills Drive in some time. I thought his column today was pretty strong. His writes an opinion column, he doesn't need to have inside sources to have an opinion.

Jerry Sullivan is not a reporter, he's a columnist, which means he offers his opinions on situations, not just objective facts. That's his job, and as long as it sells papers, he's doing his job of creating a debate for and against his opinions. It's an opinion maker's job to elicit an emotional response. So as some of the post reflect, he's done his job. He's not there to be a Bills cheerleader.

He's still a whiny B word.

link:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/928310.html#

Our guy Jerry Sullivan was out defending his fellow NFL media saints in full force this morning. To ready Sully, you would think those media "experts" were back in the 1960's....you know, when nothing would be reported until the story was actually substantiated with real proof? You want to know why I like Buddy Nixs' rants over Sullivans' sarcastic attack this morning? Because of the incredible story ESPN News (now there's an oxymoron if there ever was one) was running all night yesterday. Tiger Woods is in s sex rehab facitlity today. This report came in from some ex sex rehabbers' blog, who supposedly was only in that same facility to "research his book!" On top of that "source", ESPN then openly admitted that the rehab center would not confirm that Woods was even there, and that ESPN could not substantiate the story at all! They came right out and reported a story like that, and admitted they could not prove that it was even true. And these are the type of lazy "professional gossipers" that Buddy Nix was fired up about yesterday.

Sullivan laughs and tells us he's just another Buffalo Bills puppet lying to the intelligent fans. I say I even if Nix was lying about everything he said yesterday, he was just reacting in kind to today's "reporters." I say, good for Buddy. It's nice to see someone from the Bills organization actually standing up for it for a change!

Jerry Sullivan - never met him - sometimes I agree with his comments, sometimes I disagree. I don't believe that is the major issue here. Nix said most of what has been publicized has been "fabricated." That defines as "made up a lie." But these reports about the Bills' embarassing process have come from a great many sources: including reporters, TV analysts, coaches, and even Ralph Wilson. Almost everyone who contributes to this board cites these reports as evidence for their opinions (in addition to statistics). If you and I only have posted facts here that could be proven in a court of law, then you are fabricating. So choose your position:

I believe 80% of what has been recently said about the Bills is true and that's why I have refered to it in my comments (so Nix is fabricating).

-or-

I believe 80 % of what has been recently said about the Bills is made up lies and I never refer to it. (So the media is fabricating.)

Forget about the media. Think about the times the Bills organization has fed us the usual "spin" and our own observations of what then happened have shown that they were not being truthful and it was doubtful that they respected our ability to see through the BS. We can all cite a long list of examples over a period of many years. Wilson was even stupid enough to admit the lame process they used to choose Nix.

Gailey and Nix are saying what they MUST to protect the organization (and their jobs). Can there be any doubt who is lying?

link:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/928310.html#

Our guy Jerry Sullivan was out defending his fellow NFL media saints in full force this morning. To ready Sully, you would think those media "experts" were back in the 1960's....you know, when nothing would be reported until the story was actually substantiated with real proof? You want to know why I like Buddy Nixs' rants over Sullivans' sarcastic attack this morning? Because of the incredible story ESPN News (now there's an oxymoron if there ever was one) was running all night yesterday. Tiger Woods is in s sex rehab facitlity today. This report came in from some ex sex rehabbers' blog, who supposedly was only in that same facility to "research his book!" On top of that "source", ESPN then openly admitted that the rehab center would not confirm that Woods was even there, and that ESPN could not substantiate the story at all! They came right out and reported a story like that, and admitted they could not prove that it was even true. And these are the type of lazy "professional gossipers" that Buddy Nix was fired up about yesterday.

Sullivan laughs and tells us he's just another Buffalo Bills puppet lying to the intelligent fans. I say I even if Nix was lying about everything he said yesterday, he was just reacting in kind to today's "reporters." I say, good for Buddy. It's nice to see someone from the Bills' organization actually standing up for it for a change!

Do we really care what Sully thinks? the importnat things are:

Who fills out the coaching spots? and hat does out scouting department look like in terms of quality and numbers of scouts? Are their free agents who are willing to sign here?

Sully is just another one of us he does not know anything about football.

Yeah why cant Sully write nice things about all our great seasons. Oh wait we havent made the playoffs this decade and are 1-9 in winning seasons. Why cant Sully write nice things about our great coaches, oh thats right we havent had any. Why cant sully write nice articles about our drafts, oh thats right, they by and large sucked. Why cant Sully write nice things about our awesome owner and front office, oh thats right we dont have one. He could write nice stuff but he doesnt do science fiction. If Foghorn Leghorn (Nix) wanted to shoot down Sully, he could have said Shotty jr didnt turn us down, or Harbaugh didnt turn us down, but I didnt hear any of that.

Jerry Sullivan - never met him - sometimes I agree with his comments, sometimes I disagree. I don't believe that is the major issue here. Nix said most of what has been publicized has been "fabricated." That defines as "made up a lie." But these reports about the Bills' embarassing process have come from a great many sources: including reporters, TV analysts, coaches, and even Ralph Wilson. Almost everyone who contributes to this board cites these reports as evidence for their opinions (in addition to statistics). If you and I only have posted facts here that could be proven in a court of law, then you are fabricating. So choose your position:

I believe 80% of what has been recently said about the Bills is true and that's why I have refered to it in my comments (so Nix is fabricating).

-or-

I believe 80 % of what has been recently said about the Bills is made up lies and I never refer to it. (So the media is fabricating.)

Forget about the media. Think about the times the Bills organization has fed us the usual "spin" and our own observations of what then happened have shown that they were not being truthful and it was doubtful that they respected our ability to see through the BS. We can all cite a long list of examples over a period of many years. Wilson was even stupid enough to admit the lame process they used to choose Nix.

Gailey and Nix are saying what they MUST to protect the organization (and their jobs). Can there be any doubt who is lying?

Exactly! Remember when the tried to dump McCargo onto the Colts and when they bounced his sorry a$$ back, DJ said "We're glad to have him back," said Jauron, who spoke before McCargo. "John's happy, I think. And we're happy, so here we go."

Such embarrassing BS.