Don't blame Ralph for not hiring Marty

Nevergiveup

I know it's hard to believe, but it was not Ralph that shot down Marty. Yes, Marty wanted the job. He wanted it well before Buddy was even hired. But it was Buddy's call. I am sure Buddy did not want that to be public having worked with Marty. I don't know how it was spun back on Ralph. He makes his share of mistakes, but that one was not him.

I am not necessarily supporting the hire, But in the end, Buddy needs someone he can work with and if he thinks that is Gailey and not Marty, that probably has the best chance of working anyway.

Regarding Thurman, does anyone think that someone who goes on WGR every other day has access to any inside information from the Bills? I guess you can value his opinion. But he will likely never have any inside info.

thanks for the info

the more i listen to Buddy the less I like him

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do national reporters consistenly say the Bills have a hard time filling the stadium....fan support....blah blah and never get called on it? The tone is always negative when it comes to the Bills.

Never understood it either. Obviously the support is there.

Oh that makes since, It was Buddy who wanted Chan Faley. Ralph is just the owner.. it it's not his call or anything.

whatever!

Thurman should not be on the radio, he is worse than the Bulldog. I feel uncomfortable listening to him.

Sense not since and gailey not faley boss..

How badly does Ralph want the Bills to stay in Buffalo? How much pressure is the rest of the league putting into the situation in an effort to force them out?

NOW I'VE SEEN EVERYTHING.

crayonz actually asked a few logical questions with nothing that makes me go :w00t:

I edited my previous post. Kornheiser's reaction today was:

Gailey is the guy you hire when you're going out of business. Stuff like that makes me wonder.

That's funny. That's the same reaction I had when they hired him for MNF.

I edited my previous post. Kornheiser's reaction today was:

Gailey is the guy you hire when you're going out of business. Stuff like that makes me wonder.

I don't buy that at all. Agree or disagree he is the coach now. I like this set up better than what we had.

Talk to you later

How badly does Ralph want the Bills to stay in Buffalo? How much pressure is the rest of the league putting into the situation in an effort to force them out?

Umm nothing. The league is very happy with the Bills in Buffalo.

I know it's hard to believe, but it was not Ralph that shot down Marty. Yes, Marty wanted the job. He wanted it well before Buddy was even hired. But it was Buddy's call. I am sure Buddy did not want that to be public having worked with Marty. I don't know how it was spun back on Ralph. He makes his share of mistakes, but that one was not him.

I am not necessarily supporting the hire, But in the end, Buddy needs someone he can work with and if he thinks that is Gailey and not Marty, that probably has the best chance of working anyway.

Regarding Thurman, does anyone think that someone who goes on WGR every other day has access to any inside information from the Bills? I guess you can value his opinion. But he will likely never have any inside info.

i read that as Buddy thinking that Marty contributed a little too much to his own fallout in San Diego with GM A.J. Smith ....and that buddy wanted none of that here.

i think Buddy is his own man.

[PURE CONJECTURE]

Buddy: Who did you have in mind for head coach, Ralph?

Ralph: Well, I was thinkin' that Schottenheimer kid. You know, the linebacker? I always thought he'd make a good coach. I heard he'd called or sent a telegram or something.

Buddy: Mr. Wilson, I'd really not recommend hiring this m... err, kid. (Whispers in Ralph's ear)

Ralph: SPEAK UP!

Buddy: Well, he's a friend of mine, Ralph and I don't want to embarrass him in the media.

Ralph: Is that all? Just blame it on me. I'm used to the heat. At my age I like to stay warm.

[/PURE CONJECTURE]

I don't buy that at all. Agree or disagree he is the coach now. I like this set up better than what we had.

Talk to you later

Is it time to Mangia again???

Speaking of mangia.....how close was Thurman to munching on something he shouldn't have been to get you so riled up about him?

Catholic school really has a way of bringing the pride out of someone.....

Speaking of pride...what do Elton John, Jerome Bettis and Scott Berchtold have in common?

If you hate Sully so much....he drives a Purple Saturn.....and bonus points if you can tell me what local personality's couch he spent sleeping on for a quality stint.

Be careful on the internet........lots to Zig-zag around................sometimes you just happen to miss a stop sign that you should have taken notice of.

Are you saying that Nix never took Schottenheimer's name up to the boss, Russ Wilson? If that is what happened then it is 100% Buddy's decision. On the other hand, if Nix took Schottenheimer's name up to the boss and some reservations and concerns were raised with a summary of "well, it's your call" then that is another matter. Somebody on a new job a matter of weeks is pretty unlikely to immediately cross swords with the new boss on a big decision.

Is it time to Mangia again???

Speaking of mangia.....how close was Thurman to munching on something he shouldn't have been to get you so riled up about him?

Catholic school really has a way of bringing the pride out of someone.....

Speaking of pride...what do Elton John, Jerome Bettis and Scott Berchtold have in common?

If you hate Sully so much....he drives a Purple Saturn.....and bonus points if you can tell me what local personality's couch he spent sleeping on for a quality stint.

Be careful on the internet........lots to Zig-zag around................sometimes you just happen to miss a stop sign that you should have taken notice of.

What?

Et tu Buddy.

Man, this old cat better as !@#$ know what he's doing, chasing off Marty like that. What's funny is every time I listen to Buddy talk, I become more impressed. He's sharp, he really is, and he is the dominant personality in the Buddy/Chan tandem relationship. Fine, Buddy, you get your "yes man" in Chan. Now go make it work. Go get the stud players that can run Chan's crappy offenses. Vindicate my belief in you, especially since you ran off a sure thing in Marty. Get that whip ready for Chan. Make sure he busts his ass gameplanning, teaching, leading, building out the offense and defense, and most of all, whip Chan like a dog if he makes game management mistakes. Nobody wants another Jauron. In Buddy we trust, for now.

Makes no difference who passed on Schottenheimer, ultimately Ralph is responsible for hiring Buddy just like he hired Levy(who hired Jauron and made the Bills irrelevant).

Buddy needs someone he can work with. That's why Donahoe hired GW and Mularkey instead of "flashier" candidates. Guys like Cowher and Schottenheimer want say so. I get that. I guess AJ Smith's desire to have a coach he can keep under his thumb rubbed off on ole' Buddy. Unfortunately, this organization isn't on cruise control like SD has been since Marty got fired after going 14-2.