AP Calls Race for Brown!

BillsNYC

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NEWSFALSH: MA already has state HC (how can it be a rebuke of Obama if that is the case). Coakley is a wacko.

It is all about ME in this country.

According to what I heard, much of the MA voters are very dissatisfied with the state health care, which did nothing to cut costs (and may have raised them). And as the MA health care is supposedly very similar to the federal plan, this then could be considered a referendum on such.

Again, according to what I heard; I haven't looked into it in depth.

According to what I heard, much of the MA voters are very dissatisfied with the state health care, which did nothing to cut costs (and may have raised them). And as the MA health care is supposedly very similar to the federal plan, this then could be considered a referendum on such.

You sir would be correct. If Massachusetts voters say they don't like the idea of National health care, then the W.H should listen.

The question is will they listen?

NEWSFALSH: MA already has state HC (how can it be a rebuke of Obama if that is the case). Coakley is a wacko.

It is all about ME in this country.

Well, yes and no. Many in the state do want national health care reform. Just, not the reform as the language now stands, how it was conducted in the backrooms, the pols' elitism on the subject (the Barney Frank 'Shut up. I know more than you do, you filthy pigs' attitude on full display this summer didn't endear anyone but the left wingnuts), and the process of how the Landrieu and Nelson votes were out-and-out purchased for $400M, among other sweetheart earmarks.

As I wrote in the other thread about this race, Brown said that he would welcome continued debate. Like many Republicans, he's in favor of many of the aims of the bill, it's a relatively small percentage of the bill that is a dealbreaker; and the Dems would hold fast trying to get all or nothing... well, with the way Pelosi et al. are leading on this issue, it looks like they're going to get nothing. No one to blame but themselves.

Brown said during the campaign that one idea may be for individual states to follow the Mass. example and come up with their own state plans. With Congress run the way it is (I put this to the system, rather than any one party), that may be the best course for health care reform, in reality.

Ya, that may be true but it is a stupid argument you are making. The argument doesn't matter or hold water. Sorry for being cynical. What are you trying to do, convince me that the good people of the Commonwealth of MA are looking out for my (and others in the other 49 states and districts) best interest. :censored: Excuse me while I fall off my chair dead. They have their service (universal healthcare)... Sure it has its flaws... Are they going to repeal their legislation? I may actually think that this is a referendum on health care if MA (and the new Sen.) ever turns the clock back to when they didn't have universal healthcare.

Thanks MA for looking out for me... While your residents are covered. :blink::censored:

It is like saying: "I got mine, ya it has its flaws... You don't want it, trust me. Of course we the good people of the Commonwealth by no means are not going to gid rid of our universal health care."

:w00t:

This has nothing to do with a referendum on health care, it is all about "me." It is about: "I got mine, I don't want to spend any more." In such a "blue" state... Those are universal words that reach across the aisle. Why the heck do you think Coakley lost (besides being a wacko).

Well, yes and no. Many in the state do want national health care reform. Just, not the reform as the language now stands, how it was conducted in the backrooms, the pols' elitism on the subject (the Barney Frank 'Shut up. I know more than you do, you filthy pigs' attitude on full display this summer didn't endear anyone but the left wingnuts), and the process of how the Landrieu and Nelson votes were out-and-out purchased for $400M, among other sweetheart earmarks.

As I wrote in the other thread about this race, Brown said that he would welcome continued debate. Like many Republicans, he's in favor of many of the aims of the bill, it's a relatively small percentage of the bill that is a dealbreaker; and the Dems would hold fast trying to get all or nothing... well, with the way Pelosi et al. are leading on this issue, it looks like they're going to get nothing. No one to blame but themselves.

Brown said during the campaign that one idea may be for individual states to follow the Mass. example and come up with their own state plans. With Congress run the way it is (I put this to the system, rather than any one party), that may be the best course for health care reform, in reality.

Every state running healthcare... How novel? I live on the border and get coverage in Indiana... How would that work? I work in Illinois. What if my child gets hurt in NYS? Ya, probably easy things to iron out... But man... What a cluster!@#$ that would be with 50 different states.

:blink:

Ya, that may be true but it is a stupid argument you are making. The argument doesn't matter or hold water. Sorry for being cynical. What are you trying to do, convince me that the good people of the Commonwealth of MA are looking out for my (and others in the other 49 states and districts) best interest. :censored: Excuse me while I fall off my chair dead. They have their service (universal healthcare)... Sure it has its flaws... Are they going to repeal their legislation? I may actually think that this is a referendum on health care if MA (and the new Sen.) ever turns the clock back to when they didn't have universal healthcare.

Thanks MA for looking out for me... While your residents are covered. :blink::censored:

It is like saying: "I got mine, ya it has its flaws... You don't want it, trust me. Of course we the good people of the Commonwealth by no means are not going to gid rid of our universal health care."

:w00t:

This has nothing to do with a referendum on health care, it is all about "me." It is about: "I got mine, I don't want to spend any more." In such a "blue" state... Those are universal words that reach across the aisle. Why the heck do you think Coakley lost (besides being a wacko).

You really think the Dems were "looking out for you" with that albatross of a "HC reform" bill? If you do, why do you think they excluded themselves from it?

lol

outsite MA: they voted against the health care bills currently being negotiated.

inside MA: We voted for a person who said he'd vote against the health care bills current being negotiated.

Fixed for you. Note: they put numbers next to the dots so it's easier to figure out how to connect them. At least pretend you can see them.

Why is the WH discussing this if the massive upset last night had nothing to do with health care reform?

Fixed for you. Note: they put numbers next to the dots so it's easier to figure out how to connect them. At least pretend you can see them.

Why is the WH discussing this if the massive upset last night had nothing to do with health care reform?

"Massachusetts has health care and so the rest of the country would like to have that too," Pelosi said, referring to the state’s health care program. "So we don't [think] a state that already has health care should determine whether the rest of the country should."

Thats why neary 2 out of 3 Dems voted for Brown. Because they see that their HC system in Mass is just a money pit and would bankrupt our country if this thing passes nationally. The bluest of blue states said no to HC reform and these idiot libs in Washington still think they have a chance. Christ!!!

Thats why neary 2 out of 3 Dems voted for Brown. Because they see that their HC system in Mass is just a money pit and would bankrupt our country if this thing passes nationally. The bluest of blue states said no to HC reform and these idiot libs in Washington still think they have a chance. Christ!!!

I wouldn't expect anything less from her. If they the libs uniformly take that approach, then it's going to get really really ugly for them in Nov. Don't get me wrong, they are going to get slaughtered as it is, but if they push through, and take this defiant approach, then Pelosi will no longer be the Speaker of the house come November.

I wouldn't expect anything less from her. If they the libs uniformly take that approach, then it's going to get really really ugly for them in Nov. Don't get me wrong, they are going to get slaughtered as it is, but if they push through, and take this defiant approach, then Pelosi will no longer be the Speaker of the house come November.

I've been waiting all morning to read some posts from our resident libs and get their take on what happened in Mass. yesterday. I cant wait! :blink:

lol

outsite MA: they voted for healthcare

inside MA: We voted for a person

I don't know why I bother

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/31708.html

Scott Brown's opposition to congressional health care legislation was the most important issue that fueled his U.S. Senate victory in Massachusetts, according to exit poll data collected following the Tuesday special election.

Fifty-two percent of Bay State voters who were surveyed as the polls closed said they opposed the federal health care reform measure and 42 percent said they cast their ballot to help stop President Obama from passing his chief domestic initiative.

"I'm not surprised it was the top issue, but I was surprised by how overwhelming an issue it was. It became a focal point for the frustration that has been brewing with voters, and it's a very personal issue that affects everyone," said Tony Fabrizio of Fabrizio, McLaughlin & Associates, a Republican firm that conducted the exit poll of 800 voters.

"A plurality of voters said their vote was to stop the president's health care plan — more than those saying it was a vote against his policies in general," Fabrizio wrote in a memo that accompanied his exit polling.

lol

outsite MA: they voted for healthcare

inside MA: We voted for a person

You do realize that polls convincingly show that the majority of Americans support health care reform, but also the majority of Americans do not support the health care reform that has been proposed.

Only now that Washington's hand may be forced might they go back to the drawing board and put together a solution that is sensible. We'll see.