Fraizer did NOT turn down the Bills

BillsNYC

I asked Mort via Twitter if the Bills turned him down:

mortreport

@MattKabel He definitely did not turn down Bills. He wasn't offered. And league rules wouldn't allow that to happen but they wanted HC experience

He may not have turned them down, but I think there's the possibility that something happened sunday night that made the Bills go with Gailey. Maybe there was some indication that Frazier was having second thoughts about taking the job if offered. The sheer quickness of going with Gailey is just too weird after hearing how much Frazier blew them away in the interview. I get the feeling that this isn't so cut and dry with them choosing Gailey over Frazier.

He may not have turned them down, but I think there's the possibility that something happened sunday night that made the Bills go with Gailey. Maybe there was some indication that Frazier was having second thoughts about taking the job if offered. The sheer quickness of going with Gailey is just too weird after hearing how much Frazier blew them away in the interview. I get the feeling that this isn't so cut and dry with them choosing Gailey over Frazier.

if feelings were worth nickels....

Agreed and why is this the 6th team that he finishes 2nd to?

I asked Mort via Twitter if the Bills turned him down:

mortreport

@MattKabel He definitely did not turn down Bills. He wasn't offered. And league rules wouldn't allow that to happen but they wanted HC experience

On the Dan Patrick show Peter king indicated that he thinks Tony Dungey may have had something to do with Fraizer shying away.

And yet the majority of posters hated the idea of Frazier as HC. What did we call him? The offensive version of Dick Jauron?So is this good or bad news?

PTR

Last week it was good news but now that we've hired someone else it's bad news because Frazier is suddenly a future HOF head coach. :wallbash:

Gailey was such a hot commodity that they HAD to lock him up! Thanks God they did the same when they extended Dick since he was such a hot commodity.

On the Dan Patrick show Peter king indicated that he thinks Tony Dungey may have had something to do with Fraizer shying away.

Well before the media starts calling the Bills racists, this matter of whether Frazier wanted the job hopefully will be cleared up.

...and if he did "shy" away from the only head coaching job ever offered to him at his age than he's truly a moron. I'm so glad he's not going to be our coach.

It was stated earlier in the week that the Bills were looking to an offensive mind rather then going defense again. The only winning record this franchise has had in almost 10 years was with Mike Mularkey at 9-7, Wade went 8-8 in 2000.

I have no idea why Nix didn't even interview Brian Billick or Steve Marriucci, then again perhaps he did inquire about them and was rejected. It seems that the Bills searching process was kept on the down low after Brian Schottenheimer turn them down. Who really knows how far down the list Chan Gailey was...

The Bills front office will blow more smoke about Gailey being "their guy" all along :wallbash:

It was stated earlier in the week that the Bills were looking to an offensive mind rather then going defense again. The only winning record this franchise has had in almost 10 years was with Mike Mularkey at 9-7, Wade went 8-8 in 2000.

I have no idea why Nix didn't even interview Brian Billick or Steve Marriucci, then again perhaps he did inquire about them and was rejected. It seems that the Bills searching process was kept on the down low after Brian Schottenheimer turn them down. Who really knows how far down the list Chan Gailey was...

The Bills front office will blow more smoke about Gailey being "their guy" all along :wallbash:

They probably chose Gailey because that guy in your avatar recommended him.

The talks with Cowher produced this according to some, he (Cowher) was singing the praises of Chan Gailey and when it became apparent that he was staying at CBS, the Bills, supposedly, turned their attention to Chan Gailey exclusively! Well, they got their man, so let's see who he hires to run the offnese and defense, going forward?!?!

The Bills front office will blow more smoke about Gailey being "their guy" all along :lol:

So, they wanted an offensive minded coach, because Mike Mularkey (offensive) went a game over .500, while the last defensive coach, Wade Phillips, went a mere .500? Jeez... this club is unbelievably screwed up... I would have much preferred either Frazier or Fewell to this...but, we shall see. Sometimes, more of the same, morphs into something better...we hope. :wallbash:

Well before the media starts calling the Bills racists, this matter of whether Frazier wanted the job hopefully will be cleared up.

...and if he did "shy" away from the only head coaching job ever offered to him at his age than he's truly a moron. I'm so glad he's not going to be our coach.

Great point!

GO BILLS!!!

Leslie Frazier was not having any second thoughts. (period, in case you missed the dot at the end of the sentence)

jw

So, they wanted an offensive minded coach, because Mike Mularkey (offensive) went a game over .500, while the last defensive coach, Wade Phillips, went a mere .500? Jeez... this club is unbelievably screwed up...

Have you erased all memory of Gregg Williams and Dick Jauron? I don't blame you, but...

You are crying about Gailey but bring up Marriucci as an alternative??? :rolleyes: Explain to me how Steve Marriucci is an upgrade from Chan Gailey???

PTR

Waiting for Frazier meant possibly waiting 3 weeks for him. You are really taking a huge gamble is he decides he doesn't want the job.

PTR

no, he could have been hired after the NFC Champnship game