Fraizer did NOT turn down the Bills

BillsNYC

no, he could have been hired after the NFC Champnship game

Is that true? You can take a job while you are still in the playoffs? I'm thinking not. I recall back in the Donahoe days we were waiting for Weis and Crennell from NE* and we could not touch them until after the SB. Donahoe hired Meathead instead.

PTR

Perhaps the Bills were afraid of what happened last time they waited after a Superbowl - the assistants pool was picked clean. 5 teams have offered coaches from Bills equivalent positions on their rosters and since Bills coaches were supposedly so bad that must mean the pool is drying up already, right?

I was hoping Vikings lose to make him available to accept position but not as much as I was hoping Vikings would beat Dallas.

Is that true? You can take a job while you are still in the playoffs?

PTR

Here:

"No initial interviews may be requested or granted after the Divisional Playoff weekend for any team’s assistant that is still participating in the postseason.

One other note is that the Bills are permitted just one interview with a candidate while his team is still competing in the postseason. And no direct or indirect contact by the Bills can be made with the candidate or his representatives during that time following the initial interview. The only exception is if a candidate’s team makes it all the way to the Super Bowl and there’s a two week time frame between the conference championship game and the Super Bowl, which there is this year. Then a second interview can take place."

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/04/i...es-in-playoffs/

Here:

"No initial interviews may be requested or granted after the Divisional Playoff weekend for any team’s assistant that is still participating in the postseason.

One other note is that the Bills are permitted just one interview with a candidate while his team is still competing in the postseason. And no direct or indirect contact by the Bills can be made with the candidate or his representatives during that time following the initial interview. The only exception is if a candidate’s team makes it all the way to the Super Bowl and there’s a two week time frame between the conference championship game and the Super Bowl, which there is this year. Then a second interview can take place."

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/04/i...es-in-playoffs/

There's nothing about accepting a new job while your team is still playing. We already interviewed Frazier.

PTR

The Vikings would have had to let Frazier out of his contract, which would NOT happen during the playoffs.

Thank you. That means if the Vikes win Sunday it would be 3 weeks minimum before the Bills could've hired Frazier. Very risky unless they had an ironclad commitment from him.

PTR