FO set up for failure

No matter who the Bills hire outside of Chin, Tony, and Mike most of us would not be happy. Am I pleased with the news that Chan might be our next head coach, not really. I wanted a big name. But I am willing to take a wait and see approach. This guy doesn't have a bad record as a HC. It could be a lot better. But he has experience and brings a running style offense back to Buffalo. I just think no matter what the FO did the fans were going to be mad.

No matter who the Bills hire outside of Chin, Tony, and Mike most of us would not be happy. Am I pleased with the news that Chan might be our next head coach, not really. I wanted a big name. But I am willing to take a wait and see approach. This guy doesn't have a bad record as a HC. It could be a lot better. But he has experience and brings a running style offense back to Buffalo. I just think no matter what the FO did the fans were going to be mad.

That is BS, most would have been happy with Frazier, and satisfied with Fewell even.

Gailey is a mediocre college coach that has not worked in a year. The Bills FO could not have chosen worse. Par for their course.

It is really incredible how they manage to squeeze the absolute worst out of an admittedly bad situation.

Not from me.

The point may have been that no matter who the Bills chose...people were going to hate the choice. There was contingent that thought Cowher was a horrendous choice that would have only been made to sell tickets. There were many, many voices saying that Frazier would be an unmitigated disaster.

No kidding. As I stated in another post, if Chan is seriously going to be the guy... let's hope he already put a call into Mike Nolan about being our DC. That would speak volumes.

That is BS, most would have been happy with Frazier, and satisfied with Fewell even.

Gailey is a mediocre college coach that has not worked in a year. The Bills FO could not have chosen worse. Par for their course.

It is really incredible how they manage to squeeze the absolute worst out of an admittedly bad situation.

What are you talking about "satisfied with Fewell"? Fewell had no clue to being a head coach. Did you really think we played consistently better under him than Jauron? We blew the Jacksonville game late-now thats a first, and looked horrible against the Jets in Toronto, NE at home, and don't even talk about the Falcons game-worst performance this side of the Sunday nite NE debacle of 2007. He was as conservative in his gameplan as Jauron. We played one very good quarter under Fewell-4th against Miami, and the rest was the same as the entire Jauron era.

Did you really expect the Bills to make a splashy hire? We are a bottom feeder franchise right now. No supposed "stud" coach was going to come here. The Bills knew that, and we as fans know that. That being said, maybe Gailey with some help from Nix finding players came mold a team into something that is at least bearable to watch. We obviously did not have many options. If you are a fan of this team, you support whoever is the coach until he proves you wrong. What other choice do you have other than to go find another team my friend? But don't ever tell me that Fewell was satisfactory. The guy had no clue. Remember him punting from Atlanta's 36 yard line late in the first half down 17-0 when we were 5-9 on a 4th and 3? Yea, that call sure inspires confidence in ones team!!!

What are you talking about "satisfied with Fewell"? Fewell had no clue to being a head coach. Did you really think we played consistently better under him than Jauron? We blew the Jacksonville game late-now thats a first, and looked horrible against the Jets in Toronto, NE at home, and don't even talk about the Falcons game-worst performance this side of the Sunday nite NE debacle of 2007. He was as conservative in his gameplan as Jauron. We played one very good quarter under Fewell-4th against Miami, and the rest was the same as the entire Jauron era.

Did you really expect the Bills to make a splashy hire? We are a bottom feeder franchise right now. No supposed "stud" coach was going to come here. The Bills knew that, and we as fans know that. That being said, maybe Gailey with some help from Nix finding players came mold a team into something that is at least bearable to watch. We obviously did not have many options. If you are a fan of this team, you support whoever is the coach until he proves you wrong. What other choice do you have other than to go find another team my friend? But don't ever tell me that Fewell was satisfactory. The guy had no clue. Remember him punting from Atlanta's 36 yard line late in the first half down 17-0 when we were 5-9 on a 4th and 3? Yea, that call sure inspires confidence in ones team!!!

Good post. The Levy/Jauron era needed to be exorcised.

Good post. The Levy/Jauron era needed to be exorcised.

The Front Office took its time. This was no rush judgment. I have stated before that Buddy is going to be the one who is the key to any coach winning here.

There is not way most people were ok with Frazier. This board wanted one person and that is Bill C. So no matter who the hire was the fans were going mad.

Oh really? Read a few posts about how Frazier was the "offensive version of Dick Jauron." The only reason people like Frazier now is because we didn't hire him.

PTR

Bills fans have to realize that we are the leper colony of the NFL right now. The Bills could not even get interviews with most of the people they tried to target. Does it suck? Yep. Is it Ralph's fault? You betcha. Is pissin' and moanin' now gonna change anything? Not a chance.

So against that backdrop, the Chan Gailey hire is not that bad. Yes, he is probably 10th on the list, but his resume is not that bad. A lot is going to depend on who we can sign and draft anyway. Oh, and don't expect free agency to go much better than the coaching search. But that's the team we have. Be fan or not. It's your choice.

PTR

The failure actuallu IS the front office.

EXACTLY.

With the same meatheads running the front office and making the decisions, I don't really care who they hired - things just aren't going to change. My only hope was that a big name like Cowher, Shanahan, etc. would have had enough power/influence to force those changes. Chan Gailey is NOT going to have the clout necessary to get rid or Modrak and Guy and as a result we are going to pick up the same busts and overpaid medicore players we've spent the last decade getting - nothing changes.

Bills fans have to realize that we are the leper colony of the NFL right now. The Bills could not even get interviews with most of the people they tried to target. Does it suck? Yep. Is it Ralph's fault? You betcha. Is pissin' and moanin' now gonna change anything? Not a chance.

So against that backdrop, the Chan Gailey hire is not that bad. Yes, he is probably 10th on the list, but his resume is not that bad. A lot is going to depend on who we can sign and draft anyway. Oh, and don't expect free agency to go much better than the coaching search. But that's the team we have. Be fan or not. It's your choice.

PTR

Do you EVER taken a position against the front office? All I hear from you are excuses for Ralph. At least we knew who the lemmings should line up behind.

Do you EVER taken a position against the front office? All I hear from you are excuses for Ralph. At least we knew who the lemmings should line up behind.

Do I like the hire.... No. Will I take a wait and see attitude ... yes. I have no clue the process they went through to get him. i have no clue what he said that impressed them. I know my knowledge of football is nothing more than a fan perspective. I have very little knowledge of the game outside of what I know from playing football in high school and being a life long fan. I do not watch and analyze game film. I do trust professionals more than I trust the everyday fan. I may not like someone but I have to trust that Buddy is doing his job. His job is to make this team better and if Chan helps with that it is a good hire. If he doesn't then it is a bad hire. Am I am lemming for not thinking I have a crystal ball that tells me the Bills are going to be horrible because of Chan..... I think I could call people to judgmental because they are not willing to give Chan a chance. I am a Fan and I chose to look at the glass half full. If that is a lemming then sure I be a lemming. But I would rather look at the bright side of things and give this guy a chance than think the world is over and I can no longer be a fan of the team that I grew up watching.

Unlike you I take a rational approach. I don't scream and spit about things that are unrealistic. The Bills are owned by Ralph Wilson. That affects everything about this team. You could have the best front office in football but you wouldn't know it because Ralph Wilson can undo everything on a whim. I also have some insight into OBD and know what people have to deal with there.

What I don't understand is why idiots like you that hate this team so much stick around? There are 31 other teams in the NFL you can be a fan of. Being a Bills fan means dealing with failings of their owner. No one is holding a gun to your head.

Why don't you go back to BillsZone with the rest of the trolls?

PTR

BS. Most of the posters on the board were against Frazier. Here are some of the many criticisms:

- He has been called Jauron Lite,

- Called uninspired and unemotional,

- Would rather keep Fewell,

- Hate the Tampa 2,

- Anyone can coach with his talent at Minnesota,

- Rather have a offensive minded coach,

- Rather have someone with HC experience,

- We already tried Williams and Mularky.

I would have been happy to get Frazier but I am willing to give Gailey a chance.

So tell me exactly why Chan Gaileys resume looks much worse right now than Marv Levy's did in 1986? Both had marginal prior success as an NFL head coach. Marv had success in Canada and had successas a ST coach under George Allen.

What put Marv in the HOF? Having a good GM who brought in great talent. Probably for the first time since JB we have a football person with a scouting background calling the shots. (Not that I was all that thrilled wiht JB either) Even TD didn't rise up through the scouting side. That may have been his problem as to why he'd make sone wild picks like Willis. Nix drafted most of the SD players and was involved with signing/scouting of many of the Bill's players from back i nthe 90's. He is a scout and I believe will improve the talent on the Bill's My biggest concern for Nix is how he'll handle the business side of the GM role.

Will it take some time to re-build respect around the league, yes. I'm not sure if we can as long as RW is alive either, not becasue of him making bad choices, but just becasue of the uncertainty as to what will happen to the team once he's gone.

Weird...everything I've been reading for the past week is that Frazier was the worst possible choice.

People weren't happy that he's a Tampa 2 disciple. That is, until we heard about Chan Gailey at which point everyone was screaming for Frazier. Especially after how the D played against Dallas.