Chan Gailey

Nevergiveup

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my opinion on Chan Gaily

- We play in Buffalo....he is an offensive mind that stresses run first offense....nuff said there

- Most of us would be happy at this point if Frazier (who has no HC experience and has been fired as a DC.....but is a promising young prospect) or Grimm (no HC experience but up and coming prospect) BUT Chan Gailey who has a winning coaching record and several playoffs appearances as both a coordinator and a HC (just never made it to the super bowl)

- I am not against this hire.....and am more curious on who the DC, OC, ST coaches are going to be as that will ultimately determine his success or failure.

Isn't there somebody on here that's been harping for Mike Leach? How about as an OC?

"this is the kind of coach we are going to get"

What exactly does this mean? By this kind of coach do we mean one that has several playoff appearances and a offensive coordinator mind who knows how to biuld a running game?

Are people upset because its somebody that has not previously been discussed? In what way do we know that Leslie Frasier would make a better HC then Chan Gaily? Because the expert analysts say we better hire Frasier?

what exactly is the reasoning here.

Bottom rung candidate

Stop trying to spin this any other way

The man hasnt been mentioned for a HC or coordinator position in this last wave of NFL openings.

atrocious.

Sad for the loyal ones, the ones that truly love this team....good people of WNY deserve better, you have risen to the occasion many times for this franchise...

Chan Fukng Gailey - thats going to be the one to lift the franchise out of the dumpster? wow.

The Bills could hire Wayne Fontes and there would be someone on TBD heralding the move. Chan freaking Gailey. What's next, Tom Olivadotti and John Shoop as his DC and OC respectively?
Is Kippy Brown staying at Tennessee now that he is no longer interim HC? :thumbsup:

Plenty of talk about coaches based on which "list" they're on. Buffalo couldn't get an A List guy like Cowher or Shanahan. B Listers turned them down too, as in Frazier, Harbaugh, and Rivera. So now, we're down to the Z list and we finally find someone.

This is liking waking up as a kid hoping for GI Joes, getting all the hints you'll get them and then opening up all clothes.

Could have named hime head coach a few weeks ago..DON'T ANYONE SAY, "HE WAS ALWAYS OUR GUY!!!"

That is the problem . Chasing cowher and maybe Marty caused them a ton of time. We would have staff in place by now

I find it curious that Marty's brother took a job today , almost like his brother told him that he was sure he wasn't coming back

"Quite a few"? OK, I'll bite. Name the dozen teams with less talent than the Bills and state your method of evaluation. "Pulled it straight out of my ass" isn't a valid method.

Did i ever say a dozen?

St. Louis

Detroit

Tampa Bay

K.C.

Cleveland

Oakland

Chicago

Seattle

All those teams have arguably worse rosters than the Buffalo Bills. In fact, there is enough talent on this team to make the playoffs, if we get even average QB play.

It seems selective-amnesia is running rampant among Bills fans. Everyone forgets that you can count the number of times the Bills were blown out, the last few years, on one hand.

This team could easily be competitive with:

a decent QB

a serviceable LT

a replacement for Stroud

and depth

Kind of disgusted w/all these people who jump on the band wagon and bash this guy. He's a pretty articulate offensive mind. Was relieved of his OC duties b/c Hailey wanted him to run his offense not his own. He was actually a hold over from Herm Edwards regime w/ the Chiefs. Oh by the way when Cowher retired from the Steelers he recommended one guy to replace him and it was.......... Chan Gailey. I know most of you negative posters know way more about football then Chan Gailey but lighten up. some of the same people who are bashing Gailey would welcome Mike Martz as coach.

In my humble opinion, I agree with you.

Did i ever say a dozen?

St. Louis

Detroit

Tampa Bay

K.C.

Cleveland

Oakland

Chicago

Seattle

All those teams have arguably worse rosters than the Buffalo Bills. In fact, there is enough talent on this team to make the playoffs, if we get even average QB play.

It seems selective-amnesia is running rampant among Bills fans. Everyone forgets that you can count the number of times the Bills were blown out, the last few years, on one hand.

This team could easily be competitive with:

a decent QB

a serviceable LT

a replacement for Stroud

and depth

i disagree with oakland ,chicago,tampa bay..which is why i said bottom 5.seattle-toss up.