Coaching search

Dunno, maybe Nix is getting embarrassed by so many declining the job and even declining interviews, Id rather have any offensive minds then Frazier by default... lord please not another Jauron clone and more of the Tampa 2. The Bills don't have the players the Viking have, it would be another 3 years of major fail. Frazier and Grimm I just don't get

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/1...oing-as-planned

Has anyone in the media asked, why not Brian Billick ?- Why not Steve Marriucci? -Both of these men have stated they want to be a head coach again. Both have winning records and playoff experience, Billick has a SB ring as HC.

There is another name out there and I really like his work as OC and QB mentor, none better the the NFL IMO. Cam Cameron, nobody in the NFL can build a better power running game then this man.

Marriucci knows the "west coast" offense could mentor the QB's, something this team is in desperate need of.

Brian Billick-why not? a super bowl winning HC

Steve Marriucci- why not? had the 49ers in the playoffs 4 of his 6 years there

Cam Cameron- too many don't like his one year with the Dolphins, I say give the guy a another chance

Jason Garrett-why not? he has gotten Tony Romo playing like a super star late in the season.

Dunno why the Bills are not even considering any of those four guys, considering two or more would jump at the chance to become the next Buffalo Bills head coach.

Glad you asked.

It's simple.

Nix isn't a "west coast offense" type of guy.

He fundamentally doesn't believe in a ball control game through passing.

He's an old fashioned SEC type coach that wants big strong tough players.

He's not into finesse.

So, no Holmgren, Billick or anybody else from Lavalle Edwards/Bill Walsh coaching trees.

I wonder if people even have a brain sometimes or if they just continue to lap up the hysteria.

He states, "...their coaching search has become embarrassing, with more candidates turning down interviews than those showing an interest in the job."

Then follows that up by listing the 2 guys that turned down an interview offer. But, then he follows that up by listing 3 guys that have or will interview. So, I guess according to some new math that they're teaching since I was in 3rd grade, 2 is now greater than 3.

Not to mention, you could say Martz and Billick both showed interest in the job. Buffalo just didn't show interest in them. So by my count, we have 7 guys that have shown some level of interest in the job. Yet the coaching search is embarassing and we have to settle on the first guy that we can club and stick in the van.

Glad you asked.

It's simple.

Nix isn't a "west coast offense" type of guy.

He fundamentally doesn't believe in a ball control game through passing.

He's an old fashioned SEC type coach that wants big strong tough players.

He's not into finesse.

So, no Holmgren, Billick or anybody else from Lavalle Edwards/Bill Walsh coaching trees.

To end the search in one simple frase: FUBAR

Dunno, maybe Nix is getting embarrassed by so many declining the job and even declining interviews, Id rather have any offensive minds then Frazier by default... lord please not another Jauron clone and more of the Tampa 2. The Bills don't have the players the Viking have, it would be another 3 years of major fail. Frazier and Grimm I just don't get

Has anyone in the media asked, why not Brian Billick ?- Why not Steve Marriucci? -Both of these men have stated they want to be a head coach again. Both have winning records and playoff experience, Billick has a SB ring as HC.

There is another name out there and I really like his work as OC and QB mentor, none better the the NFL IMO. Cam Cameron, nobody in the NFL can build a better power running game then this man.

Marriucci knows the "west coast" offense could mentor the QB's, something this team is in desperate need of.

Cam Cameron- too many don't like his one year with the Dolphins, I say give the guy a another chance

Jason Garrett-why not? he has gotten Tony Romo playing like a super star late in the season.

Dunno why the Bills are not even considering any of those four guys, considering two or more would jump at the chance to become the next Buffalo Bills head coach.

NO ONE WANTS THE JOB. The whole thing gets blown up when Ralph dies. The franchise will probably move to f ing Canada where no u.s. citizen wants to actually live near full time... this thing is toxic. Frazier MIGHT take a look at it....

I wonder if people even have a brain sometimes or if they just continue to lap up the hysteria.

He states, "...their coaching search has become embarrassing, with more candidates turning down interviews than those showing an interest in the job."

Then follows that up by listing the 2 guys that turned down an interview offer. But, then he follows that up by listing 3 guys that have or will interview. So, I guess according to some new math that they're teaching since I was in 3rd grade, 2 is now greater than 3.

Not to mention, you could say Martz and Billick both showed interest in the job. Buffalo just didn't show interest in them. So by my count, we have 7 guys that have shown some level of interest in the job. Yet the coaching search is embarassing and we have to settle on the first guy that we can club and stick in the van.

His name is Michael Blunda. Nuff said.

NO ONE WANTS THE JOB. The whole thing gets blown up when Ralph dies. The franchise will probably move to f ing Canada where no u.s. citizen wants to actually live near full time... this thing is toxic. Frazier MIGHT take a look at it....

Hey Mr. "8and8Forever,"

I read your screen name and got curious.

In the 33 years of their existence, the Bills have gone 8-8 exactly two times.

:devil:

Again...

Nix obviously does not want Billick.

Marriucci does not want the East Coast.

Cameron is "cringe-worthy" choice.

Jason Garrett Will be the new head coach of the Buffalo Bills IF he wants it! And if Jerry lets him....

Finally a voice of sanity.

LEE EVANS ...the true voice of the players weighs in , on the coach search.

Bills receiver Evans staying patient while waiting for Buffalo to hire new coach

By John Wawrow (CP) – 6 hours ago

john Wawrow...hmmm...name sounds familiar.......

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianp...ZWrDAvCSQvnLdOw

Taken from the link above:

Frazier is regarded as one of the top co-ordinators ready to step into a head-coaching job.

Frazier has won Super Bowls as a player with the 1985 Chicago Bears and an assistant coach with the 2006 Indianapolis Colts. In three seasons with the Vikings, he has helped mould the veteran defence into one of the best in the league and continued their recent history as one of the stingiest against the run.

Wasn't Mike Tomlin the DC at the Vikings before Frazier, that Vikings defense was pretty darn good at that time also. I'm of the opinion that the Vikings defense is great against the run because of the Williams Bro's in the middle Pat and kevin, and if you recall the Bills were really good at stuffing the run with Pat Williams in the middle.

So exactly what did Frazier do at Minnesota that wasn't already there? Why did Marvin Lewis fire him in Cincy?

Sorry, I'm not sold on Frazier as some are on this board. All I see is the Tampa 2 defense staying in Buffalo with the smaller players that Jauron drafted and the Bills still being the worst in the NFL against the run for another three years :devil: