Coaching search

Again...

Nix obviously does not want Billick.

Marriucci does not want the East Coast.

Cameron is "cringe-worthy" choice.

Jason Garrett Will be the new head coach of the Buffalo Bills IFhe wants it! And if Jerry lets him....

Just like the Meathead told Russ Grimm, Wade will tell Garrett everything he needs to know about Ralph, and Garrett's answer will be NO.

This statement from John's article raises some questions:

"Nix hasn't spoken publicly since his introductory news conference Dec. 31 and did not return a message left at his home in Tennessee"

How committed to GM can be Nix be if he still lives in Tenn after being employed by the Bills for a year?

Looks like Nix and Modrak are on the "part-time work from home" plan that has worked so well for the Bills over the last decade.

We may hear some news after this weeks playoff games, depending on which teams are eliminated. I suspect we will finally hear whether Rivera will give an interview or not should the Chargers lose.

This suspense kinda stinks, the team is waiting to talk with coaches still in the playoffs, meanwhile all the decent assistant coaches will be gone. Romeo Crennell and Charlie Weiss would have been great additions to the Bills as OC / DC, now that won't happen.

At least we know the window for hiring a new Bills head coach should close after the super bowl at the latest, only another two weeks :devil:

We may hear some news after this weeks playoff games, depending on which teams are eliminated. I suspect we will finally hear whether Rivera will give an interview or not should the Chargers lose.

This suspense kinda stinks, the team is waiting to talk with coaches still in the playoffs, meanwhile all the decent assistant coaches will be gone. Romeo Crennell and Charlie Weiss would have been great additions to the Bills as OC / DC, now that won't happen.

At least we know the window for hiring a new Bills head coach should close after the super bowl at the latest, only another two weeks :unsure:

All this bad news makes me cowher, thinking that the HC situation is really grimm. But the pain will end shortly. A coach will be hired. He will be touted as exactly what the Bills need to become a contender. He will say the right things in his initial meeting with the press. We will all breathe a sigh of relief, because the messiah has come. The members of this board will focus on the player acquisitions that will make it all come true. After the draft, there will be renewed optimism among the fans. ..........................................

It is embarassing and troubling. The Bills interviewed Mike Shannahan who was always going to Washington and nowhere else. They interviewed Perry Fewell who left for the NY Giants DC posistion. They interviewed Leslie Frazier. They allegedly had a meeting with Bill Cowher who is not interested. They are not interested in Billick , Fassel or Mariucci. Charlie Weis and Marty Schottenheimer were not interested. OK, I can live with that I suppose. It gets embarassing when assistant coaches will not even interview for the job. I always thought the main idea of being an assistant was to prove yourself and becom a head coach. It is apparent in at least to Schottenheimer and Grimm that it is better to be an assistant somewhere else than it is to even interview for the Bills head coaching job.

Even more troubling is that all the assistant coaching jobs are starting to get filled. It is January 16th and the Bills have one head coach candidate in Leslie Frazier (hardly inspiring) and zero assistants. They can't even get guys to interview for the head coaching job, where are they finding all the assistants? They are going to end up with the same garbage as always, just different names.

It is embarassing and troubling. The Bills interviewed Mike Shannahan who was always going to Washington and nowhere else. They interviewed Perry Fewell who left for the NY Giants DC posistion. They interviewed Leslie Frazier. They allegedly had a meeting with Bill Cowher who is not interested. They are not interested in Billick , Fassel or Mariucci. Charlie Weis and Marty Schottenheimer were not interested. OK, I can live with that I suppose. It gets embarassing when assistant coaches will not even interview for the job. I always thought the main idea of being an assistant was to prove yourself and becom a head coach. It is apparent in at least to Schottenheimer and Grimm that it is better to be an assistant somewhere else than it is to even interview for the Bills head coaching job.

Even more troubling is that all the assistant coaching jobs are starting to get filled. It is January 16th and the Bills have one head coach candidate in Leslie Frazier (hardly inspiring) and zero assistants. They can't even get guys to interview for the head coaching job, where are they finding all the assistants? They are going to end up with the same garbage as always, just different names.

but because the names are different, the lemmings will proclaim all is well and Ralph has finally turned it around.

expect record season ticket sales - no matter what boob is hired as HC and even though the clown show returns intact at OBD

This statement from John's article raises some questions:

"Nix hasn't spoken publicly since his introductory news conference Dec. 31 and did not return a message left at his home in Tennessee"

How committed to GM can be Nix be if he still lives in Tenn after being employed by the Bills for a year?

Looks like Nix and Modrak are on the "part-time work from home" plan that has worked so well for the Bills over the last decade.

now wait. he's previously been working as a Bills scout, which means he doesn't exactly have to live in Buffalo. he has stated he intends to live in the Buffalo area, now that he's the Bills GM. now, i highly doubt he's going to make a move here during the coaching search.

jw

now wait. he's previously been working as a Bills scout, which means he doesn't exactly have to live in Buffalo. he has stated he intends to live in the Buffalo area, now that he's the Bills GM. now, i highly doubt he's going to make a move here during the coaching search.

jw

JW,

by all accounts, this "coaching search" isn't very time consuming - he could make the move now