I'm starting to realize no one wants the Bills job

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is b.s. We were advised the Bills had a "short list" of coaching candidates. Fewell was granted an interview out of respect, Frazier was interviewed during the Vikes' bye week, Schottenheimer said no (for valid reasons, IMO), and the Bills have to wait on Grimm. They spoke with Shanahan, and have (allegedly) spoken with Cowher.

There are only 32 of these jobs in the WORLD. Stop smoking the "everybody hates us and nobody wants to be here" pipe.

Save your breath. This forum is overrun with nattering nabobs of negativity. I've never seen anything like it in all the born days of my life.

Save your breath. This forum is overrun with nattering nabobs of negativity. I've never seen anything like it in all the born days of my life.

Negativity about a team that's missed the playoffs 10 years running? How about one that hasn't won a post-season contest in 14 seasons? Or, how about not knowing where the team is when the 91 year old owner is not around?

Nope, no reason to be anything but positive.

Man, that's must take a lot of alcohol.

2. He runs the Cover 2 and I want to see a different defense.

Response: Our defensive players are Cover 2 type players. It would take all the Bills Free agent money and draft picks to convert to a 3-4. Our defense, although too soft against the run kept us in most games this year. Our Offense couldnt get a first down.

Completely not true. We have a STACKED secondary that's BEGGING for a more aggressive scheme. Leave CBs on an island and let them go man against opposing receivers while the front seven runs aggressive zone blitz schemes. This would then allow our UNDERtalented front seven to blitz more, generating the pressure our front four alone cannot.

I also think Maybin could be a hybrid DE/LB in a 3-4, with some coaching. Not trying to say he's the next Biscuit but I think he can be a bit more versatile than we give him credit for.

So IMO we should either go 4-3 or go forty-six, based on the talent we have. Add some linebackers and maybe go 3-4 with maybin on the end.

Usually I try to be more supportive of the franchise. I do think Brandon and Nix are trying to build a winner, but I'm starting to realize just how low people's opinions are of Ralph Wilson Jr. I don't think there have been many stealth meetings since the Cowher one. Kind of hard to do that with playoff coaches. It's considered tampering. I'm just getting a little worried.

PTR

I think your worry is warranted, and your realization is correct. I finally drew that conclusion earlier in the week, and I have to say, I'm a lot less stressed over the whole thing. Very anxious ... but I've already got myself convinced that we're going to end up with a "not so sexy" choice for head coach. But I also have myself convinced that whoever it ends up being might just be what the team needs. You never know.

Do you realize that the Bills have had a total of two interviews so far? You would think they would have an interview every other day at minimum. I'm starting to think that everyone has been hanging up on Nix. I mean everyone. People here want Cowher or Gruden??? The Bills will be lucky to get Rich Kotite and Wayne Fontes. We fired everyone and now no one will come here. Meanwhile, all the "crappy" coaches we thought sucked are getting hired by better NFL teams. We may be the first NFL team where the players have to coach themselves.

PTR

Only in your mind, my very young apprentice. Why interview candidates they don't intend to hire? They can't interview others currently in the playoffs.

This idiocy needs to end.