Name your favorite sports team besides the Bills/Sabres.

Yankee fan for 45 years. 27 World Series Championships, 40 American League Pennants. More championships than any other franchise in North American professional sports history

Rays ( ALC winner)

So, you're an avid enough NYY fan that you can spew off how many AL Pennants they've won, yet you're also a fan of a team that's a division rival? Interesting.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you're an avid enough NYY fan that you can spew off how many AL Pennants they've won, yet you're also a fan of a team that's a division rival? Interesting.

DUH! I like the game of baseball. The Rays just happen to play here. Sorry I cant get to NY to watch the Yankees kick the livin shiit out of the Sux every year. :blink:

DUH! I like the game of baseball. The Rays just happen to play here. Sorry I cant get to NY to watch the Yankees kick the livin shiit out of the Sux every year. :blink:

Well, obviously we feel a little differently about that subject. I don't care if the Yankees, Rays, Orioles, or Blue Jays played their home games around the block from my house, I wouldn't root for them for the simple fact that they play in the AL East. Something about those other teams battling for a playoff spot with my favorite team just doesn't do it for me.

Well, obviously we feel a little differently about that subject. I don't care if the Yankees, Rays, Orioles, or Blue Jays played their home games around the block from my house, I wouldn't root for them for the simple fact that they play in the AL East. Something about those other teams battling for a playoff spot with my favorite team just doesn't do it for me.

agree w/ you completely on this.

now, it's ok to have an afc and nfc team, an national league and american league team, an eastern confereence team and a western conference team,

but by no means, should anyone ever root for another team in the yanks' division

Let me put it another way.......

Should I not take my kids to Buc,Bolts or Rays games because I'm a Bills, Yankees Sabres fan?

When I visit my brother in Boston should I not go to Fenway to see a Red Sox Blue Jays game because I'm a Bills, Yankees Sabres fan?

When I was a spring season ticket holder for 10 years to the ST Louis Cards games, I shouldnt have gone because I'm a Bills, Yankees Sabres fan?

When the NFL football season is over for the Bills, I shouldnt watch any of the playoffs because I'm a Bills, Yankees Sabres fan?

I could keep going, you know. :blink:

"I could keep going, you know".

Could you please.

We're cool. :blink:

Here's one:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...90-536c0f0eee70

If they can get some pressure on Brett Favre it could make for a long home game for the Minnesota Vikings. Of course I’d like to see the Vikings win this one so Brett can get another shot at it.

OH MY GOD!! Jim Kelly rooting for another team!!

Blasphemy!!!!

Let me put it another way.......

Should I not take my kids to Buc,Bolts or Rays games because I'm a Bills, Yankees Sabres fan?

When I visit my brother in Boston should I not go to Fenway to see a Red Sox Blue Jays game because I'm a Bills, Yankees Sabres fan?

When I was a spring season ticket holder for 10 years to the ST Louis Cards games, I shouldnt have gone because I'm a Bills, Yankees Sabres fan?

When the NFL football season is over for the Bills, I shouldnt watch any of the playoffs because I'm a Bills, Yankees Sabres fan?

I could keep going, you know. :w00t:

Thanks for all that, but you predictably completely missed my point. I attend as many different sporting events that include a wide array of teams as often as I can. Not just Bills, Sabres, and Red Sox games, who are my favorite sports teams. I also root for other teams in certain instances that aren't rivals of those teams ( :blush: ) . My point was that you portrayed yourself as a huge Yankee fan, yet also a Rays fan which was puzzling to me. For example: I'm a lifelong Bills fan, so therefore I can't stand the Pats*, Jets, and Dolphins, all of whom are Buffalo's division rivals. Why do I hate the Bruins, Maple Leafs and Canadians so much? Due to the same logic for the Sabres. Just like the other AL East teams. That also doesn't mean that I don't root for other teams in certain situations like the NFL playoffs if my favorite teams are not in the hunt. For instance, I'm rooting for the Chargers in the playoffs this year, but I sure as hell wasn't rooting for the Jets or Pats* to win any games in the postseason because their two of the Bills division rivals. That was my point, way to dance around it. :blink:

Thanks for all that, but you predictably completely missed my point. I attend as many different sporting events that include a wide array of teams as often as I can. Not just Bills, Sabres, and Red Sox games, who are my favorite sports teams. I also root for other teams in certain instances that aren't rivals of those teams ( :w00t: ) . My point was that you portrayed yourself as a huge Yankee fan, yet also a Rays fan which was puzzling to me. For example: I'm a lifelong Bills fan, so therefore I can't stand the Pats*, Jets, and Dolphins, all of whom are Buffalo's division rivals. Why do I hate the Bruins, Maple Leafs and Canadians so much? Due to the same logic for the Sabres. Just like the other AL East teams. That also doesn't mean that I don't root for other teams in certain situations like the NFL playoffs if my favorite teams are not in the hunt. For instance, I'm rooting for the Chargers in the playoffs this year, but I sure as hell wasn't rooting for the Jets or Pats* to win any games in the postseason because their two of the Bills division rivals. That was my point, way to dance around it. :blush:

No I wasnt, you did. :blink:

If the Yankees are playing the Rays I root for the Yankees, but my kids root for the Rays. Pretty simple, really.

You're telling me you never root for a division rival? Like maybe.... Oh I dont know......Lets try this one. the Jets are playing the pats and the Bills need the Jets to beat the pats to get into the playoffs. I'm rooting for the Jets, how bout you?

Want more? :lol:

No I wasnt, you did. :blink:

If the Yankees are playing the Rays I root for the Yankees, but my kids root for the Rays. Pretty simple, really.

You're telling me you never root for a division rival? Like maybe.... Oh I dont know......Lets try this one. the Jets are playing the pats and the Bills need the Jets to beat the pats to get into the playoffs. I'm rooting for the Jets, how bout you?

Want more? :blush:

In that example, a Jets win would mean my Bills getting into the playoffs, so obviously I would be forced to "root" for the Jets on that particular day. Doesn't mean I would ever call myself a Jets fan or root for them in any other scenario.

Want more?

In that example, a Jets win would mean my Bills getting into the playoffs, so obviously I would be forced to "root" for the Jets on that particular day. Doesn't mean I would ever call myself a Jets fan or root for them in any other scenario.

Want more?

Nice two step, Chico! :blink: