SEC teams and fans are idiots

major

After Alabama won the national championship game, their fans were chanting SEC SEC. After Ole Miss beat OK State at the Cotton bowl their fans were chanting SEC SEC. After Alabama beat Florida in the SEC title game the Bama players were holding up an SEC sign and yelling SEC SEC. This has to be the most retarded trend in college football. They need to be educated on chanting for their own team and not the conference they play in.

Trust me, when the Jets are playing this weekend, I'm not going to be chanting AFC EAST AFC EAST. Just like I wasn't chanting AFC AFC when the Patriots were in their dynasty run.

If anyone on this board is an SEC fan or former player on an SEC team, please expain this insanity to me.

After Alabama won the national championship game, their fans were chanting SEC SEC. After Ole Miss beat OK State at the Cotton bowl their fans were chanting SEC SEC. After Alabama beat Florida in the SEC title game the Bama players were holding up an SEC sign and yelling SEC SEC. This has to be the most retarded trend in college football. They need to be educated on chanting for their own team and not the conference they play in.

Trust me, when the Jets are playing this weekend, I'm not going to be chanting AFC EAST AFC EAST. Just like I wasn't chanting AFC AFC when the Patriots were in their dynasty run.

If anyone on this board is an SEC fan or former player on an SEC team, please expain this insanity to me.

I think because it's the strongest conference and fans of every team take pride in that. I dunno, I'm a Mississippi State fan and I never go for another SEC team, even Bama in the title game. I hate all SEC teams and AFC East teams.

It's simple. The SEC is a superior conference. Witness Florida's 41-14 victory over "number 1" Ohio State in the 2007 BCS National Championship game. The truth is, ANY of the top five teams in the SEC that year would have easily handled Ohio State, but Florida just so happened to get the honor.

It's simple. The SEC is a superior conference. Witness Florida's 41-14 victory over "number 1" Ohio State in the 2007 BCS National Championship game. The truth is, ANY of the top five teams in the SEC that year would have easily handled Ohio State, but Florida just so happened to get the honor.

Just a little tidbit for ya. In the last ten years of bowl games between the Big Ten and SEC, the SEC leads 17-16. Although the Big Ten hasn't had a National Championship winner lately, I really don't think the conference is in awe of the SEC.

It's very important how hyped up your conference is when the rankings are based on sports writer votes and not just on records. If the Super Bowl was decided by voting for the 2 best teams in the country, I think you'd see a lot more NFL teams talking about how great their division is.

Its pretty easy: Most SEC fans base their identity on SEC football, what else do they have?

Its pretty sad actually..

And for the statement highlighted above... :worthy:B-):lol: :lol:

Being from the Gainesville/Ocala area, we here take tons of pride in being in the strongest conference in football. Florida has the tradition of being that powerhouse the past couple years, Bama this year, and most seasons Georgia/SC/Arkansas/LSU/Auburn/ are all usually ranked in the same season. Even though im a huge Gator fan through and through i rooted for Bama even though they thrashed us. It's not the team, it's having the pride of the strongest conference in college football, and SEC fans want other people to surely know that...pretty simple.

Being from the Gainesville/Ocala area, we here take tons of pride in being in the strongest conference in football. Florida has the tradition of being that powerhouse the past couple years, Bama this year, and most seasons Georgia/SC/Arkansas/LSU/Auburn/ are all usually ranked in the same season. Even though im a huge Gator fan through and through i rooted for Bama even though they thrashed us. It's not the team, it's having the pride of the strongest conference in college football, and SEC fans want other people to surely know that...pretty simple.

We here takes tons of der der der der der (banjo on porch). Listen, any real college football fan who has gone to a real football school will root for their conference on any national stage. When the top team is voted as such, conference strength plays a huge role. If your conference is struggling in RECENT years like the Big Ten, you want the conference to be represented well in bowl games. If your conference is the tops in recent years like the SEC, then as a fan of any SEC team, you want the conference to continue flexing its tiny hick muscle.

And chazbb,

"Witness Florida's 41-14 victory over "number 1" Ohio State in the 2007 BCS National Championship game. The truth is, ANY of the top five teams in the SEC that year would have easily handled Ohio State, but Florida just so happened to get the honor."

Dont be an idiot. That's something a casual college football fan would say.

I did notice the SEC signs and chants which is pretty crappy, but it could be worse. They could be chanting and holding up signs of the other "association" consisting of three letters that the South takes such pride in.

Yeah cause thats just a problem in the south.

After Alabama won the national championship game, their fans were chanting SEC SEC.

Ala 39% 44% 49% 55% 67%

Ark 47% 55% 53% 52% 52%

Aub 59% 63% 59% 57% 59%

Fla 80% 80% 72% 68% 69%

Ga 45% 41% 41% 48% 57%

Ken 57% 55% 59% 56% 55%

LSU 51% 49% 51% 54% 60%

OM 47% 58% 64% 63% 63%

MSU 57% 57% 59% 63% 63%

USC 66% 64% 68% 65% 60%

Ten 49% 58% 52% 54% 52%

What do you expect them to chant with graduation rates this low?

And chazbb,

"Witness Florida's 41-14 victory over "number 1" Ohio State in the 2007 BCS National Championship game. The truth is, ANY of the top five teams in the SEC that year would have easily handled Ohio State, but Florida just so happened to get the honor."

Ha, well maybe I am in fact a casual college football fan! I do stand by what I said about 2007, however. Any of the top 5 teams in the SEC during the 2006 football season would have taken care of Ohio State in the National Championship game. No, it's not necessarily like this every year, but as STLBILLS says, usually there are SEVERAL ranked teams in the SEC and this is the norm and not the exception. I grew up in Buffalo and honestly pro football was all that mattered to me growing up. However, having been in Gainesville area for nearly past 20 years now, one cannot help but be drawn into the college football scene. Florida, Arkansas, LSU, Auburn, and perhaps even Tennessee would have taken Ohio State in the 2007 bowl game. Would this happen EVERY year? No, not necessarily, but that year, probably yes.

Ala 39% 44% 49% 55% 67%

Ark 47% 55% 53% 52% 52%

Aub 59% 63% 59% 57% 59%

Fla 80% 80% 72% 68% 69%

Ga 45% 41% 41% 48% 57%

Ken 57% 55% 59% 56% 55%

LSU 51% 49% 51% 54% 60%

OM 47% 58% 64% 63% 63%

MSU 57% 57% 59% 63% 63%

USC 66% 64% 68% 65% 60%

Ten 49% 58% 52% 54% 52%

Hey, I could not agree more. I've "adopted" the SEC because I am a Buffalo transplant to Florida, but these rates are just sad, sad, sad. It's all about the revenue the football program generates for the school. All of these schools ignore the fact that education should come first. However, with all the money that flows in from sports, it's easy to see how/why they turn a blind eye to these sad graduation rates. But it's not just the SEC. I think all major programs have issues in this regard. I do give Florida a little more credit than some of the other SEC schools as there has always been more of a culture that stresses academic results a little more than the other guys (and this is proven out by the stats you list above), but they still need to be much better than this. There's no good reason that graduation rates should not be close to 100%. Our entire culture is so wrapped up in sports that it has lost sight of more important things.

When has Kentucky been a powerhouse? That's like picking on the short kid.

When they play basketball. This whole thread seems to be started by someone with an inferiority complex who had to find someone or something to hate on.

Just a little tidbit for ya. In the last ten years of bowl games between the Big Ten and SEC, the SEC leads 17-16. Although the Big Ten hasn't had a National Championship winner lately, I really don't think the conference is in awe of the SEC.

every watch a big 10 game? They are slow and plodding teams...just boring football

We here takes tons of der der der der der (banjo on porch). Listen, any real college football fan who has gone to a real football school will root for their conference on any national stage. When the top team is voted as such, conference strength plays a huge role. If your conference is struggling in RECENT years like the Big Ten, you want the conference to be represented well in bowl games. If your conference is the tops in recent years like the SEC, then as a fan of any SEC team, you want the conference to continue flexing its tiny hick muscle.

And chazbb,

sounds like someone is still bitter about that 41-14 loss.

Ala 39% 44% 49% 55% 67%

Ark 47% 55% 53% 52% 52%

Aub 59% 63% 59% 57% 59%

Fla 80% 80% 72% 68% 69%

Ga 45% 41% 41% 48% 57%

Ken 57% 55% 59% 56% 55%

LSU 51% 49% 51% 54% 60%

OM 47% 58% 64% 63% 63%

MSU 57% 57% 59% 63% 63%

USC 66% 64% 68% 65% 60%

Ten 49% 58% 52% 54% 52%

So what your saying is not only is Florida a powerhouse program with nat championships in football and basketball in the last 5 years but there are at the top of the SEC and up until the last couple of years in the upper echelon of schools when it comes to graduation rates? Cool.

Ala 39% 44% 49% 55% 67%

Ark 47% 55% 53% 52% 52%

Aub 59% 63% 59% 57% 59%

Fla 80% 80% 72% 68% 69%

Ga 45% 41% 41% 48% 57%

Ken 57% 55% 59% 56% 55%

LSU 51% 49% 51% 54% 60%

OM 47% 58% 64% 63% 63%

MSU 57% 57% 59% 63% 63%

USC 66% 64% 68% 65% 60%

Ten 49% 58% 52% 54% 52%

Actyually they chant that just to establish that they know how to spell it.

When they play basketball. This whole thread seems to be started by someone with an inferiority complex who had to find someone or something to hate on.

:blink:

I am always amazed at what people on this board will B word and complain about.

The only difference from the SEC and Big Ten is speed on the D-line. I'm in the south and I agree top to bottom the SEC is the best football conference. The difference is according to Forbes. The SEC had 2 schools in the top 75 universities.

The Big Ten has all of them.

wow. really??? ha!! ALL florida fans believed they would get waxed in that game vs OSU. But OSU had 8 weeks off! 8. say it again... 8 weeks off. The Eagles played 8 football games in that time frame. Troy wins the Heisman, Ginn goes out play 1 which changed everything and osu played bad and Fla played great. No doubt, fla won that game and deserved it, but that was a classic bcs game of 2 hearing how bad they are and 1 hearing how good they are for 8 weeks! not to mention urb campaigned for that game and they backdoored into the game. but your beliefs on fla and the sec are the reason why you have the most arrogant fan base ever. oooh cry me a river urban! he plays the health card and family card only to go back on it 1 day later?? his own daughter says, "i finally get my daddy back!". then 1 day later.... not so fast my sweet daughter.

keep thinking you are better than everyone else. horrible way to go through life. oh and what a humbling experience it was for all fla fans to get the worn out by Bama!!! ahahaha! That was a great game. fla fans never thought it was possible. not a good feeling.

it is bizarre. imagaine if the Bills won a SuperBowl in 2002??? That's the last time OSU won the title. 2002!!! prety recent to me in the world of sports.

every watch a big 10 game? They are slow and plodding teams...just boring football

did you watch any bowl games?? the northwestern game (nw is a middle to lower level b10 team) was maybe the best bowl game - against an sec defense no less. nw was walking through them. if not for a hurt kicker, nw wins.

it's comments like these that make it look like sec fans are casual and only thump their chests but refuse to look at the facts. now that's sad.

man, the south has a serious chip on their shoulders. guess what guys, the civil war is over... and last time i check the north won. get over it!

did you watch any bowl games?? the northwestern game (nw is a middle to lower level b10 team) was maybe the best bowl game - against an sec defense no less. nw was walking through them. if not for a hurt kicker, nw wins.

it's comments like these that make it look like sec fans are casual and only thump their chests but refuse to look at the facts. now that's sad.

man, the south has a serious chip on their shoulders. guess what guys, the civil war is over... and last time i check the north won. get over it!

Riiiiiiight, it's the SEC fans that have the chip. You've been a member for 3 1/2 years, have 17 posts and 3 in a row are in this thread to defend the Big 10. Seems as though you may have the chip or at least are overly defensive.

Hmmm..is that another way of saying NW lost?

wow. really??? ha!! ALL florida fans believed they would get waxed in that game vs OSU. But OSU had 8 weeks off! 8. say it again... 8 weeks off. The Eagles played 8 football games in that time frame. Troy wins the Heisman, Ginn goes out play 1 which changed everything and osu played bad and Fla played great. No doubt, fla won that game and deserved it, but that was a classic bcs game of 2 hearing how bad they are and 1 hearing how good they are for 8 weeks! not to mention urb campaigned for that game and they backdoored into the game. but your beliefs on fla and the sec are the reason why you have the most arrogant fan base ever. oooh cry me a river urban! he plays the health card and family card only to go back on it 1 day later?? his own daughter says, "i finally get my daddy back!". then 1 day later.... not so fast my sweet daughter.

keep thinking you are better than everyone else. horrible way to go through life. oh and what a humbling experience it was for all fla fans to get the worn out by Bama!!! ahahaha! That was a great game. fla fans never thought it was possible. not a good feeling.

if it is any consolation to you, Florida is going to stink next year(at least compared to recent years). They are going to struggle to get to 8 wins & a New Years Day Bowl. I think they have to play Alabama in Tuscaloosca(sp) next year. Alabama on the other hand is going to be locked & loaded for a repeat. I am going to vegas in a few weeks & I could get some decent odds (5:1, 6:1) I may put a couple hundred bucks on them.

I got a question for the bama fans here. I know they used to split their home games between Tuscaloosa & Birmingham, what was the point of this & why did they stop doing it?

if it is any consolation to you, Florida is going to stink next year(at least compared to recent years). They are going to struggle to get to 8 wins & a New Years Day Bowl. I think they have to play Alabama in Tuscaloosca(sp) next year. Alabama on the other hand is going to be locked & loaded for a repeat. I am going to vegas in a few weeks & I could get some decent odds (5:1, 6:1) I may put a couple hundred bucks on them.

I got a question for the bama fans here. I know they used to split their home games between Tuscaloosa & Birmingham, what was the point of this

Money and marketing. Prior to the 1998 expansion, Legion Field was actually bigger. The bigger and more important games were played in Birmingham.

& why did they stop doing it?

Legion Field had become old and outdated, they expanded Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa (and continue to do so), and Legion Field is home field for the UAB Blazers.

Ha, well maybe I am in fact a casual college football fan! I do stand by what I said about 2007, however. Any of the top 5 teams in the SEC during the 2006 football season would have taken care of Ohio State in the National Championship game. No, it's not necessarily like this every year, but as STLBILLS says, usually there are SEVERAL ranked teams in the SEC and this is the norm and not the exception. I grew up in Buffalo and honestly pro football was all that mattered to me growing up. However, having been in Gainesville area for nearly past 20 years now, one cannot help but be drawn into the college football scene. Florida, Arkansas, LSU, Auburn, and perhaps even Tennessee would have taken Ohio State in the 2007 bowl game. Would this happen EVERY year? No, not necessarily, but that year, probably yes.

Unbelievable. This is exactly the stupidity that makes SEC fans and ESPN lemmings look like retards. Sorry for cutting on you Chaz, but seriously, try thinking a little bit before you post horseschitt. This kind of myth is what casual fans see spewed, and they believe the crap.

So, according to you, any of the top five teams in the SEC would have taken care of Ohio State huh? Really? Seeing that the Big Ten met the SEC that year in bowls and went 2-1 against the SEC.

So in other words, in the only three games the B-10 played the SEC, and on New Years Day we had these scores, in addition to FLA whipping OSU:

Penn State 20

Tennessee 10

Wisconsin 17

Arkansas 14

This was a 10 win Arkansas team with 1 SEC loss. This was also a 9 win Tennessee team, that lost to an 8 win, coming in, Penn State team. In another non-conference matchup, an 11 win Auburn team barely beat B-12 Nebraska by 3.

Get a clue, dude. Seriously. Florida was clearly ahead of EVERYONE that year, and the Big Ten whipped your conference overall. And again, in the last ten years, the SEC is ahead 17-16. Not that big of deal if you ask me.

:wallbash:

So what your saying is not only is Florida a powerhouse program with nat championships in football and basketball in the last 5 years but there are at the top of the SEC and up until the last couple of years in the upper echelon of schools when it comes to graduation rates? Cool.

I'd like to see Vanderbilt's numbers before I would agree Fla is tops in grad rates. I'll bet Vandy's numbers are pretty damn good.

I'd like to see Vanderbilt's numbers before I would agree Fla is tops in grad rates. I'll bet Vandy's numbers are pretty damn good.

IIRC, 91% last year. Made Vandy one of the top 5 in the country.