Eagles beat writer on

BeastMode54

I'd love to see McNabb here. Then go the Green Bay/Philly route ... have whomever is "next" stand on the sidelines and learn for a few years ... whether it's Brohm or a draft pick.

The days of QBs learning on the sidelines is over. Most learn on the field. Can't sign a QB to a 4-5 year contact and have him sit for 3 years.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

PLAYOFFS??? PLAYOFFS??? Are you kidding me? PLAYOFFS?? Don't talk about PLAYOFFS!

(Maybe we should talk about PRACTICE ..... )

:unsure:B-):lol:

I dont care if someone already posted it...

C'mon man we aint talkin bout no game.... We talkin bout practice... Prac...tice man. We talkin bout practice.

Mcnabb would be a good 2 year fit for the bills if it were not for the fact that he's made out of paper mâché and popcicle sticks. He would actually be killed palying behind our o line.

This verbage held water during this season.....but once the season was over it is a new day. We can FIX our offensive line and should do so.

Free agents and our 1st overall pick should go to linemen.....we are set at guard and center.

Are you guys serious? I would give away our 9th pick overall. Would you trade Maybin for McNabb? With the way this team wastes first rounders, I'd give them our first if they asked for it.

Same here. We do much better with our 2nd round and laters.

The Bills should really consider going after Mcnabb. If we were lucky enough to land McNabb we would instantly become a serious playoff contender.

This is what I was saying all last offseason...McNabb on this team makes us a real contender for the playoffs...well at least the healthy version of this team. Seems as soon as the season gets going we lose half our starters, but assuming we stayed relatively healthy, this team is playoff caliber with McNabb.

Trade for McNabb, sign McNeil, and draft a stud LB/DE at #9 and we will be on a serious upswing under a new coaching staff next year IMO...

This is what I was saying all last offseason...McNabb on this team makes us a real contender for the playoffs...well at least the healthy version of this team. Seems as soon as the season gets going we lose half our starters, but assuming we stayed relatively healthy, this team is playoff caliber with McNabb.

Trade for McNabb, sign McNeil, and draft a stud LB/DE at #9 and we will be on a serious upswing under a new coaching staff next year IMO...

I think signing McNeil would be HUGE!!!

I think signing McNeil would be HUGE!!!

Could you imagine if this happened though...

McNabb stabilizes the QB position instantly, then we have Brohm to groom under him for a couple years.

McNeil anchors the young line with Wood, Levitre, Butler, and Hangartner...thats a pretty good line on paper

That opens the door to go best player available at #9...most likely LB or DE, but possibly WR, DT, or OL again.

If we go DE, then move Maybin to LB and we may shore up both positions with one pick...

I should be GM...lol

Could you imagine if this happened though...

McNabb stabilizes the QB position instantly, then we have Brohm to groom under him for a couple years.

McNeil anchors the young line with Wood, Levitre, Butler, and Hangartner...thats a pretty good line on paper

That opens the door to go best player available at #9...most likely LB or DE, but possibly WR, DT, or OL again.

If we go DE, then move Maybin to LB and we may shore up both positions with one pick...

I should be GM...lol

I KNOW!!! That's unfortunately why I don't think it will happen. The San Diego connection gives me hope, but I think SD will make every effort ro re-sign him. If we could though, I would be more than thrilled

Beat writer Reuben Frank predicts the Eagles will trade Donvoan McNabb and Michael Vick for draft picks and hand the starting job to Kevin Kolb.

With McNabb angling for an extension, and the Eagles reluctant to do so, coach Andy Reid's vow to stick with his long-time starter shouldn't necessarily be taken at face value. At the very least, the Eagles are likely to entertain offers for McNabb while deciding whether to extend him or Kolb this offseason.

I would love to have either of these guys, preferably McNabb. They both have the arm to throw in the weather conditions, and both have mobility to move around behind a bad line. I think Vick could be had for a 6th, maybe 7th. McNabb, maybe a 2nd and 7th or 3rd and 5th. Not sure though. Hope he wouldn't cost a first

I say we trade our first round pick for McNabb or Kolb, nuts yes, but here me out.

With the 9th pick in the draft, only 3-4 teams could come away with a less than average player. The Bills are one of those teams. We will more than likely get another bum player who is out played by a 5th round pick. Since 2002:

2002 Mike Williams Texas Tackle

2003 Willis McGahee Miami (FL) Running Back

2004 Lee Evans Wisconsin Wide Receiver

2004 J.P. Losman Tulane Quarterback

2005 No 1st Round Pick

2006 Donte Whitner Ohio State Safety

2006 John McCargo North Carolina State Defensive Tackle

2007 Marshawn Lynch California Running Back

2008 Leodis McKelvin Troy Defensive Back

Thats 8 players since 2002, and only 1 has been an abover average starter (Evans, I will give you McKelvin is too young in his carear to judge too). I would trade ALL EIGHT of those players for McNabb. Now, another way to look at it is like this - I would trade those 8 first round picks for McNabb.

So, while the 9th overall pick may have huge value to teams that draft well, it has almost no value to a team that drafts as terrible as we do. ie:

Would you trade Mike Williams for McNadd/Kolb? YES

Would you trade Donte Whitner for McNadd/Kolb? YES

Would you trade Marshawn Lynch for McNadd/Kolb? YES

Would you trade JP Losman for McNadd/Kolb? YES

Would you trade Lee Evans for McNadd/Kolb? YES

Would you trade Aaron Maybin for McNadd/Kolb? YES

Would you trade 2010 9th overall pick for McNadd/Kolb?

I think you get my point.

I say we trade our first round pick for McNabb or Kolb, nuts yes, but here me out.

With the 9th pick in the draft, only 3-4 teams could come away with a less than average player. The Bills are one of those teams. We will more than likely get another bum player who is out played by a 5th round pick. Since 2002:

2002 Mike Williams Texas Tackle

2003 Willis McGahee Miami (FL) Running Back

2004 Lee Evans Wisconsin Wide Receiver

2004 J.P. Losman Tulane Quarterback

2005 No 1st Round Pick

2006 Donte Whitner Ohio State Safety

2006 John McCargo North Carolina State Defensive Tackle

2007 Marshawn Lynch California Running Back

2008 Leodis McKelvin Troy Defensive Back

Thats 8 players since 2002, and only 1 has been an abover average starter (Evans, I will give you McKelvin is too young in his carear to judge too). I would trade ALL EIGHT of those players for McNabb. Now, another way to look at it is like this - I would trade those 8 first round picks for McNabb.

So, while the 9th overall pick may have huge value to teams that draft well, it has almost no value to a team that drafts as terrible as we do. ie:

Would you trade Mike Williams for McNadd/Kolb? YES

Would you trade Donte Whitner for McNadd/Kolb? YES

Would you trade Marshawn Lynch for McNadd/Kolb? YES

Would you trade JP Losman for McNadd/Kolb? YES

Would you trade Lee Evans for McNadd/Kolb? YES

Would you trade Aaron Maybin for McNadd/Kolb? YES

Would you trade 2010 9th overall pick for McNadd/Kolb?

I think you get my point.

While I agree with your argument to trade our first for McNabb, there is one issue still and thats at Tackle. If we trade our first for McNabb then its imperative we sign a good tackle in FA. So I would much prefer to do a seond and change for McNabb or a future first rather than a first this year in case we dont get a good tackle in FA

While I agree with your argument to trade our first for McNabb, there is one issue still and thats at Tackle. If we trade our first for McNabb then its imperative we sign a good tackle in FA. So I would much prefer to do a seond and change for McNabb or a future first rather than a first this year in case we dont get a good tackle in FA

We could also get a good tackle in the 2nd round.

I totally agree. He might not be in is prime, but he is still a very solid QB. He could do wonders for us. draft a lineman (or 2) sign a DT and LB. We might not be that bad

When people say bring in McNabb, I hear bring in Bledsoe. Good for a year but you better have a replacement on the roster.