Eagles beat writer on

BeastMode54

When people say bring in McNabb, I hear bring in Bledsoe. Good for a year but you better have a replacement on the roster.

yes he's a duct-tape solution, but what are the options? Go all in and start Brohm or a rookie?

For the next 2 yrs, you could have:

#1 McNabb

#2 Fitz or Brohm

#3 Brohm or rookie

we're not getting a QB in 1st rnd, w/out some serious trading, which would hurt the other needs. So maybe they could snag LeFevour or Pike and see how they pan out, along w/ Brohm.

McNabb wouldn't be our future, but would help get us there

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills should really consider going after Mcnabb. If we were lucky enough to land McNabb we would instantly become a serious playoff contender.

Why? Does he play left tackle? One player isn't going to turn this team from a joke to a serious contender.

We have no idea if Butler can play RT, he was hurt so early in the season that we didn't get a chance to see what he could do. It isn't as if he played lights out in preseason. And now we have to wonder if the injury is going to slow him down. Wood's injury was awful, just awful. How well will he recover? Both Wood and Levitre played well as rookies, as rookies. TO is leaving. That doesn't sound to me like an offense that is just one player away from being a serious contender.

Why? Does he play left tackle? One player isn't going to turn this team from a joke to a serious contender.

We have no idea if Butler can play RT, he was hurt so early in the season that we didn't get a chance to see what he could do. It isn't as if he played lights out in preseason. And now we have to wonder if the injury is going to slow him down. Wood's injury was awful, just awful. How well will he recover? Both Wood and Levitre played well as rookies, as rookies. TO is leaving. That doesn't sound to me like an offense that is just one player away from being a serious contender.

Uh, actually a QB can do just exactly that...but thats besides the point.

We have a lot of weapons on this offense not being utililzed even remotely close to their potential, including Freddy, because we havent had a QB capable of running this ship. A QB's success is NOT tied to the talent of the LT. Sure, a great LT helps a whole lot, but in no way does it mean a below par LT means a terrible QB...Rodgers, Big Ben, Warner, and many others all have had great seasons without quality LT's or quality O Lines. Plus McNabb has the ability to throw on the run and get out of the pocket, so he has a tool set that can help compensate for a bad O Line.

However, that being said, Bufallo is almost surely going to grab a LT in the first 2 rounds of the draft or sign one in FA...so why on earth would you be against filling the biggest hole on our team (QB) just because we have a hole at LT? Just because we get McNabb does NOT mean we would just be done and not sign or draft a LT...

I totally agree. He might not be in is prime, but he is still a very solid QB. He could do wonders for us. draft a lineman (or 2) sign a DT and LB. We might not be that bad

...and if Lynch could pull his head out and grow-up, perhaps we'd have a situation such as what Denver had at the end of Elways career. DMN could be a much better player if he didn't have to shoulder all the weight. Bottom line though (for the organization) is a$$es in seats, 20k per game from Syracuse.

Hopefully we can also land Marty and play the Vikings in the SB. Think of that pressure cooker.

When people say bring in McNabb, I hear bring in Bledsoe. Good for a year but you better have a replacement on the roster.

My thinking exactly... and I really like McNabb. The Bills need to rebuild via the draft over multiple seasons. I don't think they are one player away.

I'd be willing to part with a second. This franchise needs stability at QB at least for a couple years while the ship is righted. He'd be able to take command of the offense at the very least.

McNabb is still a very good quarterback going into his tenth year. But for most of his years he has suffered a variety of injuries and missed a lot of games. Put him behind an inexperienced O-line and he may not make it through the preseason.