The statrting Quarterback for the Buffalo Bills In 2010 will be????...

Cru Jones

2010 Starting QB  

202 members have voted

1. 1. who starts opening day next season???

• Fitzpatrick
    • Brohm
    • A rookie
    • Chroise (I can dream cant I?)
    • Volek
    • Someone else

This is very up in the Air... Do they get "the" guy in the draft, do they pick up one of the countless UFA scrubs, or trade for a QB?

My longshot prediction...Billy Volek.

This is completely a guess but it seems plausable.

He has had success in the league, though limited and on good teams, when he's been called upon he's been effective.

Buddy Nix had a good look at him while with SD (I am obviosly guessing that he likes what he has seen, if not, then to hell with this post).

Nix's relationship with the SD FO could make for smooth dealings like the way the Cassel to KC trade went down.

He won't come with a high pricetag be it a draft pick(maybe a 4-5?) or players in return (lets say...Roscoe) or both.

Looking around the league getting a QB whether it's Via trade, through the draft, or in FA there just doesnt seem to be anybody worth banking the next couple of years on. Most FA's are either old or playing terrible, all the QB talent in the draft either went back to school or will be gone before #9, and most players who could be gotten in a trade, are either too high a price or have too many question marks.

For the Bills and Mostly Nix I think it might be that he's right guy for the right price and less of a gamble that all the other guys out there.

I'd like to hear some other predictions if you got 'em or you can just lob your rotten fruits and vegetables at me. either is fine. :flirt:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very up in the Air... Do they get "the" guy in the draft, do they pick up one of the countless UFA scrubs, or trade for a QB?

My longshot prediction...Billy Volek.

This is completely a guess but it seems plausable.

He has had success in the league, though limited and on good teams, when he's been called upon he's been effective.

Buddy Nix had a good look at him while with SD (I am obviosly guessing that he likes what he has seen, if not, then to hell with this post).

Nix's relationship with the SD FO could make for smooth dealings like the way the Cassel to KC trade went down.

He won't come with a high pricetag be it a draft pick(maybe a 4-5?) or players in return (lets say...Roscoe) or both.

Looking around the league getting a QB whether it's Via trade, through the draft, or in FA there just doesnt seem to be anybody worth banking the next couple of years on. Most FA's are either old or playing terrible, all the QB talent in the draft either went back to school or will be gone before #9, and most players who could be gotten in a trade, are either too high a price or have too many question marks.

For the Bills and Mostly Nix I think it might be that he's right guy for the right price and less of a gamble that all the other guys out there.

I'd like to hear some other predictions if you got 'em or you can just lob your rotten fruits and vegetables at me. either is fine. :flirt:

McNabb. Trade Lynch for him. Philly needs an RB.

<-- hoping for mcnabb

One year left on a 2 yr 24 mil contract. How much of a cap hit would it be? He seems pretty expensive for a QB that has his best years behind him.

Volek would come cheaper, and he wouldn't have the wear and tear that McNabb has. Plus, he's never really had a chance to prove himself being stuck behind McNair and then Rivers. Unfortunately, Volek is another California QB (Fresno State)

They have McCoy and Weaver. They do not need Lynch.

They have Westbrook, McCoy, and Weaver. :huh:

About the QB situation? I think it will be someone else from another team that comes here. I would hope we could land McNabb, but I don't know if Philly would be fair with their asking price. Vick here would be interesting, but it depends on who our coach is as to what type of QB we bring in. Whitehurst and Volek from SD would make sense because of the Nix ties, but would AJ really ask for something fair in return? I think not. I think our QB next season will end up being Daunte Culpepper for some reason. I guess only time will tell.

Love a poll that allows me to pick more than one answer.

Why do people continue to think Volek is a possibility?

The guy had a chance to compete for the starters spot, but he bailed. He chose to go SD to be a back up.

I would like for the Bills to get McNabb. His best days may be behind him, but he would be serviceable for the next couple of years.

During that time, the Bills could draft a QB, and develop the rook (along with Brohm).

Guest dog14787

Not even putting TE on the poll seems real intelligent. You guys want to know the truth or do you just want to hear what you want to hear?

Everyone's voting someone else, my guess is a few of them are voting for TE, I know I am.

Vick......and my wife who knows nothing about football but whose skin crawls when she hears the word "mike Vick" will cut me off from buying the Ticket next season. Then i will spend the whole summer convincing her that i only root for the laundry...not the player.

I don't think Buffalo will make a big splash for a quarterback in free agency or in trade. I think they they will draft either Bradford or Clausen, and keep Fitzpatrick for a backup.

If the Bills spend any money in FA, it will be at the LB and DT positions.

Im not saying Volek is the answer or the best option but from what Nix has said about FA's being guys who'll "fill a hole", I dont think the options in FA are very high and if he explores the trade market he'll find guys who arent worth trading for or too pricey. Since he also said he plans to build through the draft so trading away to many or too high of draft picks seems out of the question and all the guys entering the draft are not really the prototypical NFL QBs

heres how i see it.

FAs

Campbell: young but hes had a mix of really nice games mixed w/ complete disasters seems like a Trent 2.0

Orton: I assume he's going back to the Broncos even if he's not the long term guy.

Pennington: I like pennington but he is a beaten down mess

Culpepper: He'd be nice paired with Lee and he's had success but not since Moss was a Viking.

Possible trade Candidtes

McNabb: Bob Matthews is an Idiot!!! if the fans in Philly had any sway he would have been gone years ago, also they are not gonna give up the picks it would take to land him.

Kevin Kolb: I get a Rob Johnson vibe from this guy. He tore it up in two games and they will want a first rd pick in return for him if he's even for sale.

Mike Vick: Who knows if they really want him i guess it wont come at too high a price

Quinn: Playing bad on a bad team

Anderson: See Quinn just more sucees and experience

Leinart: havent heard he's on the market but i think he's in the same boat as campbell but w/ less exp.

Draft picks

McCoy: Okay i guess but only if its second rd or later

Bradford : Soft tosser from a spread offense with injury problems

Clausen: with the exception of his face i dont mind Clausen who is probably the only real 1st rd talent ready to play but he'll probably be gone by#9

Pike: would groom nicely behind a Volek IMO

LeFevour: Really like this kid but same as Pike

Snead: if everyone else is gone; big arm would fit w/ buffalo weather though.

Tebow : Oops! this is a QB thread, sorry.

I think the best NFL Type guys were Mallet & Locker and i dont think they waste a 1st rd'er on a qb this year so a good Veteran to bridge the gap if they grab a 3rd rd'er would be a Volek type guy because he's experienced healty and will come at a decent asking price IMO.

McNabb. Trade Lynch for him. Philly needs an RB.

Not even putting TE on the poll seems real intelligent. You guys want to know the truth or do you just want to hear what you want to hear?

Everyone's voting someone else, my guess is a few of them are voting for TE, I know I am.

It will be Matt Hasselhoff. We will draft a sleeper in the 5th or 6th like maybe Clocker and MH will be the caretaker.

All 3 statements = :thumbsup::huh:

They have Westbrook, McCoy, and Weaver. :huh:

About the QB situation? I think it will be someone else from another team that comes here. I would hope we could land McNabb, but I don't know if Philly would be fair with their asking price. Vick here would be interesting, but it depends on who our coach is as to what type of QB we bring in. Whitehurst and Volek from SD would make sense because of the Nix ties, but would AJ really ask for something fair in return? I think not. I think our QB next season will end up being Daunte Culpepper for some reason. I guess only time will tell.

Westbrook counts more than 7 mill against their cap next year. He's back at a much lower price or he's outta there. Philly ways have him packing.