The statrting Quarterback for the Buffalo Bills In 2010 will be????...

Cru Jones

2010 Starting QB  

202 members have voted

1. 1. who starts opening day next season???

• Fitzpatrick
    • Brohm
    • A rookie
    • Chroise (I can dream cant I?)
    • Volek
    • Someone else

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may not be a popular position but I think the Bills have a good chance at getting Jason Campbell from Washington, he has fallen out of favor with the owner and if he hasn't impressed Shanahan he may look to go in a different direction at qb. I think Campbell is better than advertised and could make the Bills competitive next year. I would then draft Tebow in the second round and groom him for 2-3 years to take over the starting job, but a slow process a la Philip Rivers and Aaron Rogers. We could then use Tebow in Wildcat formations while we groom him for the starting job.

Not even putting TE on the poll seems real intelligent. You guys want to know the truth or do you just want to hear what you want to hear?

Everyone's voting someone else, my guess is a few of them are voting for TE, I know I am.

Yep Seems silly not to include on the list as he is still under contract.

consider me F-ed off. getting Vick would be a profoundly stupid move. A cheap cynical gambit to sell tickets without regard to the future of the organization. we need both a teacher and a young guy. the only question is if Brohm is the young guy

ok there lil buddy I wasnt gonna reply but i said why not... Ok how would vick be a stupid move (besides the fact people cant get over he killed dogs GET OVER IT)...with a line as sh*tty as ours what young guy would survive? vick has escape ability you cant teach...you say he has no accuracy i hear you, but if you seen his play as an eagle he looked pretty damn accurate to me...he still has that 70 yard flick too...and you put brohm who got cut from THE PRACTICE SQUAD of GB over vick (2X pro bowl player)...wow really NO...if we draft a qb that'll be fine but well throw him to the wolves 1st game cuz who else we got FITZPATRICK... ray charles can see we'd still stink it up with him another year...so your move who would you like??? cuz brohm IS NOT THE ANSWER....you seen him stink it up behind that awful line he's not mobile he'd have a concussion 4th game tops....

ok there lil buddy I wasnt gonna reply but i said why not... Ok how would vick be a stupid move (besides the fact people cant get over he killed dogs GET OVER IT)...with a line as sh*tty as ours what young guy would survive? vick has escape ability you cant teach...you say he has no accuracy i hear you, but if you seen his play as an eagle he looked pretty damn accurate to me...he still has that 70 yard flick too...and you put brohm who got cut from THE PRACTICE SQUAD of GB over vick (2X pro bowl player)...wow really NO...if we draft a qb that'll be fine but well throw him to the wolves 1st game cuz who else we got FITZPATRICK... ray charles can see we'd still stink it up with him another year...so your move who would you like??? cuz brohm IS NOT THE ANSWER....you seen him stink it up behind that awful line he's not mobile he'd have a concussion 4th game tops....

it all comes down to he being a genuinely unimpressive qb. beyond the inaccuracy issue; he has barely played in what, 3-4 years? it's telling that Philly brought him in only as a gimmick. look at his stats in ATL. Even in his prime he was rocking a qb rating in the middle 70s. he is also prone to fumbling, something he even did on Saturday's game. Sure he can run around if the pocket folds, but being able to escape into a short run, a fumble or an incompletion? that doesn't really help.

here's the rub: he had a name several years ago and he threw that promise away. people want him here because he had a name several years ago. now he's past his prime (threw only six completions this season) and would be brought here as a gimmick. it would be like drafting a midget or a guy with one hand--a circus freak to seel tickets. but he wouldn't win games, he wouldn't be a long term investment and would alienate a chunk of the fans.

Everyone plays this as a moral issue, but he just isn't good enough.

I don't care who the starting QB will be in 2010.

QBs fail in front of lines as bad of ours, almost universally.

Step 1: FIX THE OFFENSIVE LINE.

Then start looking for a solution at QB.

If they draft a 1st round QB instead of a LT I will punch myself in the face.

it all comes down to he being a genuinely unimpressive qb. beyond the inaccuracy issue; he has barely played in what, 3-4 years? it's telling that Philly brought him in only as a gimmick. look at his stats in ATL. Even in his prime he was rocking a qb rating in the middle 70s. he is also prone to fumbling, something he even did on Saturday's game. Sure he can run around if the pocket folds, but being able to escape into a short run, a fumble or an incompletion? that doesn't really help.

here's the rub: he had a name several years ago and he threw that promise away. people want him here because he had a name several years ago. now he's past his prime (threw only six completions this season) and would be brought here as a gimmick. it would be like drafting a midget or a guy with one hand--a circus freak to seel tickets. but he wouldn't win games, he wouldn't be a long term investment and would alienate a chunk of the fans.

Everyone plays this as a moral issue, but he just isn't good enough.

LOL...the midget line was funny...but if he wasnt and impressive qb how did he get pro bowls? if he wasnt impressive how did he beat brett in lambeau under 20 degrees? if he wasnt impressive how did he get a team with terrible receiver (peerless price) to the nfc championship game? rating and stats if thats what you wanna go on then tom bradys stats outta Michigan were how bad yea terrible right??? he's a better choice than brohm or volek..and he'll be a focal point for a disaster of a team people well be wondering if he can do it so yes he well sell tickets... football is a business plus if the bills start winning cuz of him he'll draw fans to balance out the ones that left plus they will crawl back fans are fickle especially buffalo..we just want a winning team...hell A.P. is a fumble machine but will minnesota not give him the ball??? he didnt throw many passes but the ones he threw were darts...

i wasnt playing the moral issues, im playin the he wins issue..that should be more than enuff...

LOL...the midget line was funny...but if he wasnt and impressive qb how did he get pro bowls? if he wasnt impressive how did he beat brett in lambeau under 20 degrees? if he wasnt impressive how did he get a team with terrible receiver (peerless price) to the nfc championship game? rating and stats if thats what you wanna go on then tom bradys stats outta Michigan were how bad yea terrible right??? he's a better choice than brohm or volek..and he'll be a focal point for a disaster of a team people well be wondering if he can do it so yes he well sell tickets... football is a business plus if the bills start winning cuz of him he'll draw fans to balance out the ones that left plus they will crawl back fans are fickle especially buffalo..we just want a winning team...hell A.P. is a fumble machine but will minnesota not give him the ball??? he didnt throw many passes but the ones he threw were darts...

i wasnt playing the moral issues, im playin the he wins issue..that should be more than enuff...

yeah, but all that happened many years ago. if he was racking up those kind of results now, the argument changes. As it is he would not be a viable long term solution. in order to create the next franchise qb we need to get a good teaching veteran in here in have a college draft to study under. For obvious reasons Vick isn't that kind of leader/teacher that would set up the franchise. unfortunately with the position in question moral issues can not be 100% ruled out. Trent lost his position because he was not viewed as a leader by the team. When drafted a qb not just the numbers have to be looked at. As is Vick has weak numbers, his achievements are 5 years old and he can not necessarily be trusted to be a leader/teacher.

Also, keep in mind, this season is the first time the Falcons have ever had back to back winning seasons. Vick didn't put up a lot of Ws either.

yeah, but all that happened many years ago. if he was racking up those kind of results now, the argument changes. As it is he would not be a viable long term solution. in order to create the next franchise qb we need to get a good teaching veteran in here in have a college draft to study under. For obvious reasons Vick isn't that kind of leader/teacher that would set up the franchise. unfortunately with the position in question moral issues can not be 100% ruled out. Trent lost his position because he was not viewed as a leader by the team. When drafted a qb not just the numbers have to be looked at. As is Vick has weak numbers, his achievements are 5 years old and he can not necessarily be trusted to be a leader/teacher.

Also, keep in mind, this season is the first time the Falcons have ever had back to back winning seasons. Vick didn't put up a lot of Ws either.

And i agree with you on that, it was many moons ago..But id rather take a chance on a guy that has shown he can win and be successful rather than giving the keys to a rookie or journeyman qb. Vick was a leader did you see guys with the vick #7 black eye work (crumpler, dunn, joe horn and others wore it) cuz that was there leader. And now that he has something to prove he'll lead 10x harder... Atl has a much better team now then they had then, how many times have they been to the playoffs since he left??? who else can go into there old stadium with a new team, get cheered when he scores, then get your name chanted in that stadium to come in and play when the hometeam is getting blown out...come on he was the face of a city let alone a team.....thats what i want for my team....

Oh yea comparing trent to mike is like comparing a one legged female hopcotch champ to a playboy model with the IQ of stephen hawking....

Why do people continue to think Volek is a possibility?

The guy had a chance to compete for the starters spot, but he bailed. He chose to go SD to be a back up.

And seeing as Nix and AJ Smith left on bad terms, what makes anyone think that Smith would trade Volek to Buddy Nix?

Seriously.

I'll throw this out there: Rex Grossman is a FA...thoughts? He did take the Bears to the SB not too long ago. His fall off has been steep, but he's no Trent. I like everyone who is not Trent

Well if we're going to mention Rex Grossman, why not just bring back JP Losman? The two are almost indistinguishable in their "skill set."

Hopefully, it'll be J.P. Orton.

He seems to function in the cold and all he does is win more than he loses.

Here Here. Kyle Orton is very good and would look great in a Bills suit. He's a FA and that Josh McDaniel is nutty enough to dump him and try to trade for Cassell for something.

This may not be a popular position but I think the Bills have a good chance at getting Jason Campbell from Washington, he has fallen out of favor with the owner and if he hasn't impressed Shanahan he may look to go in a different direction at qb. I think Campbell is better than advertised and could make the Bills competitive next year. I would then draft Tebow in the second round and groom him for 2-3 years to take over the starting job, but a slow process a la Philip Rivers and Aaron Rogers. We could then use Tebow in Wildcat formations while we groom him for the starting job.

Gosh I hope you're dead wrong. Campbell is horrible and he is a FA. I doubt Shanahan will give him the time of day. The Redskins do have a guy on the roster I'd be interested though. Someone mentioned him already, Colt Brennan. I'd prefer a vet who has played and had success, but I think this kid will be good.

McNabb or Vick? Really Buffalo fans? That is what we need here?

No thanks.

I'd stick with the cheap Fitzpatrick or Brohm. Let next season tank and get the 3rd to 5th pick the following draft. Get a Franchise QB then. Draft defense this time around with an OT.

This team doesn't need to do another far reach for a QB in a weak draft class this season.

I'd stick with the cheap Fitzpatrick or Brohm. Let next season tank and get the 3rd to 5th pick the following draft.
What? You want to see the worst season for the Bills in 10 years to get a possible maybe at QB the next year? Are you nuts? I'm tired of losing and as Judge Judy would say, "come on, I'm getting older by the minute."

It will be Edwards unless they trade for Mcnabb or Kolb. Fitzy is too inaccurate. Brohm - who knows? Edwards is in the last year of his contract making him relatively cheap for a starting QB. He will be given one last chance to start just like Drew Brees was.