Tebow a first-rounder

http://twitter.com/mortreport

"Like Peter King did, I have canvassed enough personnel men - not all in agreement - to project Tebow as a first round QB."

Pretty interesting, coming from the personnel men themselves and not the Kipers and McShays. I wonder if this also means that he is thought of as a QB, because it would be odd to pick a gimmick player in the first round (or someone you'd want to switch to a new position - see Matt Jones).

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Like Peter King did, I have canvassed enough personnel men - not all in agreement - to project Tebow as a first round QB."

Pretty interesting, coming from the personnel men themselves and not the Kipers and McShays. I wonder if this also means that he is thought of as a QB, because it would be odd to pick a gimmick player in the first round (or someone you'd want to switch to a new position - see Matt Jones).

And that worked out well... See also Eric Crouch.

Yeah, I just don't see it. If the draft plays out in the first 15 picks with a QB or two more than I anticipate, then there is no way. Typically the combine will rearrange the draft positions and everything, but I have a really hard time seeing people change their opinions on Tebow. He seems to be a love him or hate him guy. I guess some scouts or whatever would love to get a better look at his throwing mechanics, but I think I've seen enough.

as long as we stay away the higher he goes the better

Tebow has had a great college career and probably will be a 1st rounder, but no where does that say he will have a great NFL career.

See Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, JP Losman, etc (ok, the last 2 can still have careers if they can turn things around since they are still active in the NFL)

And that worked out well... See also Eric Crouch.

I am sorry. But, you CANNOT compare Tim Tebow to Eric Crouch, and especially Matt Jones.

Tim Tebow has a will to succeed, a will to win. He is a naturally born leader. He is tough as nails. He has won a Heisman and 2 National Championships. He rewrote a lot of records, and killed MANY Florida University records, who have had better players than Matt Jones and Eric Crouch.

Tim Tebow WILL succeed at SOME position at the NFL level, he will be a MAJOR asset of a Super Bowl winning team some day.

My personal opinion is that it WILL be at QB. (The accuracy thing is just a myth, I have seen MANY times, Tebow threading the needle, with a lazer on a string, right through 2-4 defenders, to his target, between the numbers...he IS that good.)

Yeah, I just don't see it. If the draft plays out in the first 15 picks with a QB or two more than I anticipate, then there is no way. Typically the combine will rearrange the draft positions and everything, but I have a really hard time seeing people change their opinions on Tebow. He seems to be a love him or hate him guy. I guess some scouts or whatever would love to get a better look at his throwing mechanics, but I think I've seen enough.

Tebow has just as much a chance at success at QB that the other pretenders being touted as 1st rounders. Bradford and McCoy got hurt falling down, not exactly the durability you need to survive in the NFL. Not to mention they both played in the no-defense Big 12 - look at the NFL career of Graham Harrell as a guide.

Clausen is Brady Quinn

I've become a big tebow fan, he could be vince young (who for all his flack and bad press, is a very very dangerous football player). I'd take him (not 9th, but in the 1st).

Pat white from WVU went in the 2nd to miami, who already had a 2nd round QB and Pennington. don't think an athlete can't play in the nfl. they don't think that way anymore.

Believe it when you see it. NFL personnel men always lie leading up to the draft. Only way Tebow is a first rounder is if he plays in the Senior Bowl and dominates with his arm, then goes to the combine and looks good and at his pro day. Outside that he goes in Rd. 2 maybe or 3 probably.

No way, no how, will Tebow be a competent starter in the NFL. Repeat, no way. Ain't happening. If some team blows a first rounder on him they are totally whacked.

Yeah, I'm sure Ryan Fitzpatrick is MUCH better.

The one thing I do know is the NFL and the analysts don't know ****.

Teabow is a FOOTBALL player- I'll take him on my team anyday.

Phillip Rivers did nothing but win and had a terrible throwing motion coming out of college. Tebow is quite similar in that. Rivers got a chance to be developed sitting behind Brees and has become an excellent NFL QB. We will see what the future holds for Tebow, but for him to be a successful NFL QB, he'll need some time to develop and correct his windup-from-the-ankles style softball pitch delivery. If he is drafted by a desperate team and thrown straight into the feeding frenzy, he could have anywhere from a Vince Young sort of career to being a bust. If they convert him to another position, then the argument is moot -- he won't be a successful QB or an unsuccessful QB.

I am sorry. But, you CANNOT compare Tim Tebow to Eric Crouch, and especially Matt Jones.

Tim Tebow has a will to succeed, a will to win. He is a naturally born leader. He is tough as nails. He has won a Heisman and 2 National Championships. He rewrote a lot of records, and killed MANY Florida University records, who have had better players than Matt Jones and Eric Crouch.

Tim Tebow WILL succeed at SOME position at the NFL level, he will be a MAJOR asset of a Super Bowl winning team some day.

My personal opinion is that it WILL be at QB. (The accuracy thing is just a myth, I have seen MANY times, Tebow threading the needle, with a lazer on a string, right through 2-4 defenders, to his target, between the numbers...he IS that good.)

I agree, this guy is a special kind of leader. I think he goes in the first 15 and I think he will succeed in the NFL. Philip Rivers has lousy throwing mechanics, so did Bernie Kosar. Could his mechanics be off because he throws lefty?