Tebow a first-rounder

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry. But, you CANNOT compare Tim Tebow to Eric Crouch, and especially Matt Jones.

Tim Tebow has a will to succeed, a will to win. He is a naturally born leader. He is tough as nails. He has won a Heisman and 2 National Championships. He rewrote a lot of records, and killed MANY Florida University records, who have had better players than Matt Jones and Eric Crouch.

Tim Tebow WILL succeed at SOME position at the NFL level, he will be a MAJOR asset of a Super Bowl winning team some day.

My personal opinion is that it WILL be at QB. (The accuracy thing is just a myth, I have seen MANY times, Tebow threading the needle, with a lazer on a string, right through 2-4 defenders, to his target, between the numbers...he IS that good.)

Being one that lives in Central Florida and having the opportunity to see every Florida game for the last several years, I can attest that Tebow has a very strong and accurate arm. He does have a bit of a longer delivery which might deter some NFL personnel men but if this guy is coached up on his mechanics by the right coaching system, he is going to be a definite force to deal with in the NFL.

The mechanics are coachable, the will, determination and desire are not. Ask Leaf, Mirer, Losman........ the list is too long to post but the point is dead on. There is a difference in skill levels when it comes to quarterbacks in the NFL. I would think that most NFL guru's would prefer a QB that has the desire (among other intangibles) to succeed and average skills over a QB that is a knucklehead and great skills (see Leaf, Vick, Russell).

I would love to have this guys leadership on the Bills. He is the type of guy that would have the players and fans following him like the Pied Piper. He has the intangibles that someone like Dan Marino could only dream of. If Marino had a quarter of the leadership and determination as Tebow, he would have won several rings, IMO.

I agree, this guy is a special kind of leader. I think he goes in the first 15 and I think he will succeed in the NFL. Philip Rivers has lousy throwing mechanics, so did Bernie Kosar. Could his mechanics be off because he throws lefty?

BINGO! That is what I was thinking.

Being one that lives in Central Florida and having the opportunity to see every Florida game for the last several years, I can attest that Tebow has a very strong and accurate arm. He does have a bit of a longer delivery which might deter some NFL personnel men but if this guy is coached up on his mechanics by the right coaching system, he is going to be a definite force to deal with in the NFL.

The mechanics are coachable, the will, determination and desire are not. Ask Leaf, Mirer, Losman........ the list is too long to post but the point is dead on. There is a difference in skill levels when it comes to quarterbacks in the NFL. I would think that most NFL guru's would prefer a QB that has the desire (among other intangibles) to succeed and average skills over a QB that is a knucklehead and great skills (see Leaf, Vick, Russell).

I would love to have this guys leadership on the Bills. He is the type of guy that would have the players and fans following him like the Pied Piper. He has the intangibles that someone like Dan Marino could only dream of. If Marino had a quarter of the leadership and determination as Tebow, he would have won several rings, IMO.

Thank you!

I have NEVER felt so confident saying something about a player, like I do this guy. Whatever "IT" is, he has "IT!"

Drafting Tim Tebow and Toby Gerhart could be 2 of the best things this franchise could do right now to turn this thing around. Leadership and a will to win and never give up. Blue collar...these 2 would become cult figures...bigger than Kelly and Thomas (WITHIN TIME!).

There's an understatement. He drops the ball down to his thigh pad on almost every throw.

I agree that the mechanics could be worked on and corrected. Also, he has to learn how to play in a pro system. Running over everybody isn't really an option for an NFL QB.

The problem if the Bills took him would be that they would probably rush him into the fray to sell tickets as they have little to nothing else as a marketing hook (modulo a name head coach). That approach didn't go so well with Losman and Edwards.

Well said!

Evidently the people who think he can't succeed as a QB haven't seen some of the "stellar" quarterback play in the NFL.

I'm rooting for Teabow just to prove the "experts" have as much of a chance of picking a successful draft as a bunch of fantasy geeks with a magazine.

There's an understatement. He drops the ball down to his thigh pad on almost every throw.

I agree that the mechanics could be worked on and corrected. Also, he has to learn how to play in a pro system. Running over everybody isn't really an option for an NFL QB.

The problem if the Bills took him would be that they would probably rush him into the fray to sell tickets as they have little to nothing else as a marketing hook (modulo a name head coach). That approach didn't go so well with Losman and Edwards.

Sell tickets?

Really?

Is that a problem?

I believe the last 23 or so home games have been sold out for a product that is almost impossible to watch.

Try again.

hey another Tebow thread.... great!

why dont we all just admit that NO ONE knows where he is going to go. and NO ONE will ever know where he "should" go. and that its IMPOSSIBLE to say whether someone will be good in the NFL.

All that can be determined right now is that he is a proven winner, with a ton of heart and determination, and bad mechanics.

It's up to the pros to not only draft him, but develop him too.

Yeah, I just don't see it. If the draft plays out in the first 15 picks with a QB or two more than I anticipate, then there is no way. Typically the combine will rearrange the draft positions and everything, but I have a really hard time seeing people change their opinions on Tebow. He seems to be a love him or hate him guy. I guess some scouts or whatever would love to get a better look at his throwing mechanics, but I think I've seen enough.

Well if the Bills draft an OT in the first and Tebow is sitting there in the second he is going to be a Bill. No need to worry though because he can sell a lot of tickets in Jacksonville so my money says he goes there if not in the first than certainly in the second.

hey another Tebow thread.... great!

why dont we all just admit that NO ONE knows where he is going to go. and NO ONE will ever know where he "should" go. and that its IMPOSSIBLE to say whether someone will be good in the NFL.

All that can be determined right now is that he is a proven winner, with a ton of heart and determination, and bad mechanics.

It's up to the pros to not only draft him, but develop him too.

I agree that NO ONE knows where he will go but I can't think of anyone in the last 10 years that plays with as much desire and is as much of a leader as this kid is coming out. That LB out of Wake Forest last year might be close but he was a sure thing all around, IMO. The only reason he didn't go #1, IMO, was because no one wanted to pay #1 money to a LB.

With that being said, I'm not advocating that the Bills look at him at #9. There are too many positional needs that need to be addressed. If they were to trade back with someone like San Fran and possibly get their 2 #1's for say our #1 and #3, I say grab him at the 17 slot if he's there(if they thought he wouldn't go to Jax at 10). That would still leave the Bills 3 picks in the first 41 with one addressing their need at QB. Just thinking out loud.

Jax absolutely needs Tebow to sell tickets.....besides haven't you heard the rumors......the rest of the league is supposedly going to conspire to allow Jax to get him( total nonsense)......i doubt they take him at #10 or 11.......but might trade up to get him later in the first round.

I would. I think he's going to be a good player. And if not Cowher, I'd love to see Harbaugh coaching him.

If we were to bring in Cowher, and he and Nix and the FO decided to pick him in the first round, would you trust their collective judgment?

Phillip Rivers did nothing but win and had a terrible throwing motion coming out of college. Tebow is quite similar in that. Rivers got a chance to be developed sitting behind Brees and has become an excellent NFL QB. We will see what the future holds for Tebow, but for him to be a successful NFL QB, he'll need some time to develop and correct his windup-from-the-ankles style softball pitch delivery. If he is drafted by a desperate team and thrown straight into the feeding frenzy, he could have anywhere from a Vince Young sort of career to being a bust. If they convert him to another position, then the argument is moot -- he won't be a successful QB or an unsuccessful QB.

Excellent post. I think Tebow will probably have a pretty good career.

Excellent post. I think Tebow will probably have a pretty good career.

I just hope it is not in Miami or New England.

:ph34r:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha, this is GREAT!

Sell tickets?

Really?

Is that a problem?

I believe the last 23 or so home games have been sold out for a product that is almost impossible to watch.

Try again.

Ah. Stalking me? Need a diaper change or something?

I am really pleased that Nix is too new to the job to take a flier on Tebow.

We will draft someone good, not a gimmick, hopefully, with the fiurst 3 rounds.

Should Tebow be there in round 4, snatch him up.

Will be a terrible waste of a first rounder, should someone select him.