Make Lynch a Fullback

OK Fred Jackson has the RB position locked down....nuff said.

That being the case, why not make Lynch your starting fullback?? He seems better suited for it, he likes contact and if you are old enough to remember, we had a guy with OJ named Jim Bracton who has his share of carries and gained lots of yards for us in the mid 70's blocking for the Juice..

just a thought, maybe we could use him in this way.

lynch is without a doubt a power runner, who can lay a hit on a lb, or db.

but the fact he doesnt consistantly hit holes where he should, leads me to believe he would whiff on blocks.

but hell, try him out in the preseason and see how it goes......

That being the case, why not make Lynch your starting fullback?? He seems better suited for it, he likes contact and if you are old enough to remember, we had a guy with OJ named Jim Bracton who has his share of carries and gained lots of yards for us in the mid 70's blocking for the Juice..

Just keeping them both is a good idea. If you need an extra roster spot, get rid of McIntyre. Keeping both is necessary for working the wildcat.

lynch is without a doubt a power runner, who can lay a hit on a lb, or db.

but the fact he doesnt consistantly hit holes where he should, leads me to believe he would whiff on blocks.

but hell, try him out in the preseason and see how it goes......

another reason for making him a fullback is we could have a dual threat on 3rd and short and in goal line situations, Lynch has a nose for the goal line.

It'll be nice to see if a REAL coaching staff can use both Lynch and Jackson effectively. In my mind, Jackson's the 1A but I still have concerns about his durability at his age. Lynch should be the change of pace back but also get enough carries so that Jackson has fresh legs all season long. (And...PLAYOFFS!!?!1!)

:thumbsup:

Lynch is worth keeping around for screen passes alone, a la Kevin Faulk. He doesn't seem to have great vision hitting the line, but in open space he's dangerous. One-on-one with a defender, I like his chances. Not sure if fullback really suits his strengths.

Lynch is worth keeping around for screen passes alone, a la Kevin Faulk. He doesn't seem to have great vision hitting the line, but in open space he's dangerous. One-on-one with a defender, I like his chances. Not sure if fullback really suits his strengths.

I'd trust Freddy w/ a screen over Lynch any day.

In a healthy offense, the combo of the two, both at traditional RB of course, would be devastating. Marshawn Lynch is an incredibly talented RB- yes, I have finally come to terms w/ the fact that he's our second best RB, but man we have one position with very good depth, that's something that not everybody has, let's keep it that way! Not every team can say they're all set at RB. We can say that about 3 positions- RB, CB and S, that's about it though. I see people on here talking about trading Lynch for whatever they can get, they clearly don't know anything about football. So you're sure that Jackson is ready for 300-350 carries? Last I checked, RB's get injured from time to time. And to the poster of the thread, isn't blocking a key component of the FB position? Have we established that Lynch is a good blocker?

Lynch is too light to be a blocking FB. Sidbury did outweigh Lynch by 60 pounds. Chauncey Davis made the play and the ball just happened to come back to Sidbury, who made the strip. Lynch did OK, because Jackson initially got by Sidbury. As this play shows, the rest of the OL needs to do their job.

Lynch will be back to form next year, add a QB and 2 great running backs that we have and our offense would be pretty damn good (THATS AFTER FIXING OUR O-LINE OF COURSE) There are many teams in the NFL that run 2 running backs, and my favorite two are Deangelo Williams and Jonathon Stewart, they are both BEASTS and each brings a little bit something different to the table, watch next year thatsd going to be us. The hell with a Fullback run the 2 Halfback setup and if you want to uses Lynch as a blocker then you can do it, and if you want to use him as a runner than that would work too.

Lynch is not a fullback

I don't know if Lynch has the size and the blocking ability to play fullback, but I like the Idea because we could then add a speedster running back to the mix via draft or free agency.

I'd tell Lynch to lose 20 lbs to regain his quickness and utlize him as a rb again. Right now he needs to lsoe weight and do some speed training inordre to help us as a running back. that being said I'd sign Leon washington as a free agent for kicks and 3rd downs.

Lynch SUCKS, doesn't care about winning, and will be outta-here by Sept. 2010...PERIOD!

So i guess his pro-bowl season ment nothing last year. He missed the first 3 games this year and was not allowed oto be with the team. If you listened to all the "experts" that really kills all the momentum/ you have

Lets throw him to the curb like Cedric Benson cause hes no good either. :thumbsup: