Maybe it's because I'm a conceited self centered POS

Beerball

Why would I give a rip about a series called Life After People?

It's going into its second season and I couldn't understand why season 1 ever came about.

it really amazes me why people feel compelled to make disparaging comments on things they do not care about or do not like...or I guess "hate". But if you must you must, thanks for the contribution and even more so, bumping this thread up for even more exposure. :nana:

it really amazes me why people feel compelled to make disparaging comments on things they do not care about or do not like...or I guess "hate". But if you must you must, thanks for the contribution and even more so, bumping this thread up for even more exposure. :nana:

Why would anyone care about the above post? Useless waste of space...

Why would I give a rip about a series called Life After People?

It's going into its second season and I couldn't understand why season 1 ever came about.

It started as a 2 or 3 hour special, which was good. I tried watching the series when it first came out, but because they just drag on and on, it sucks. So, special, good, series, bad.

The History Channel has gone downhill the last couple years

Too much Ice Road Truckers, Alaska reality show, Nostradumbass, Life After People, and Bible Code crap. Even The Universe which I used to enjoy has jumped the shark

Need more actual history type shows. Like a couple years ago they had a series called Barbarians which coincidentally was about various Barbarian tribes, another series called Engineering an Empire which coincidentally was about how various ancient civilizations built their great structures. And if they want to go the Reality Series route, they had a show called Cities of the Underworld where some guy went exploring around underground ruins

But no. It's Armageddon Week. They even sunk low enough to have shows about how to survive post-apocalypse

:D

Too much Ice Road Truckers, Alaska reality show, Nostradumbass, Life After People, and Bible Code crap. Even The Universe which I used to enjoy has jumped the shark

Need more actual history type shows. Like a couple years ago they had a series called Barbarians which coincidentally was about various Barbarian tribes, another series called Engineering an Empire which coincidentally was about how various ancient civilizations built their great structures. And if they want to go the Reality Series route, they had a show called Cities of the Underworld where some guy went exploring around underground ruins

But no. It's Armageddon Week. They even sunk low enough to have shows about how to survive post-apocalypse

I kinda liked that one. "The Alaska Experiment" I believe. But your right. WTF is it doing on the "History Channel"?

You are so right about that. The only ones you missed are WWII and aliens.

:unsure:

I'm with you on this. Still like the traditional stuff, but the network has sold out.

I concur. And what the hell is up with all the ghost shows? They are on History Channel, Travel Channel....!@#$- they are even on Animal Planet! It is all part of the dumbing down of America. Thank God for PBS!

Cities of the Underworld was awesome. I hope they bring that one back. I have to admit,I'll watch Monster Quest whenever I can catch it. I'll sit there with my eyes all big,just glued to the TV. And they never find crap!!! I don't know why I'm so attracted to it. I just can't help myself for some reason.

WWII in HD is pretty awesome. I am only about halfway through the series on my dvr, but so far, so good. I concur though, history channel hasn't been good in 3 or 4 years. I used to love interesting shows like History's Mysteries, this week in History, etc.

As far as the "reality show" crap, its on EVERY friggin channel. I dare anyone to set a 12 hour timer on either one of these channels HGTV, DIY network, Food, discovery, or animal planet. I bet you don't make it 45 minutes into those 12 hours before you go nuts with the reality shows. Everything is reality this, reality that. Luckily, we're absolutely saturated in it. It's cycle hit its peak and now hopefully it will go down soon so we get some more shows with substance before the next craze catches on.