Am I the only Bills fan that doesn't Want Cowher power

I am not interested in Bill Cowher. He is a definately a solid coach and won a superbowl and lost another. It also took him a long time to get 1. He was very fortunate to have a solif front office and ownership , neither is what we have. If cowher comes here and loses which he could, does that mean the end of football in Buffalo? It might! I'd rather hire another firery coach or a proven commodity such as Schottenhimer. Marty and his son would be a much bigger story winning in Buffalo than a Cowher winning here. Mart has turned around 3 franchises and just how big a story would the 4 time losers bills and Marty ball be winning the big one! I Who would Cowher bring here as coaches? His staff is already under contract most places.

I don't believe he is n the mix anyways......sounds like he will coahs the panther next season now with Fox going to Chicago possibly! It sure does appear that our ownerships age and uncertainty of a future in this team has doomed us. The fans of this great city deserve better than the Bills.......I for one am interested in how much Roger Goodell gets envolved with this stadium issue that has crept up again! Snow is as much a history of Buffalo as wind is Chcago!

I personally would welcome fraizer or Harbaugh here in Buffalo. Not into Billick! Grimm, no thanks!

I am not interested in Bill Cowher. He is a definately a solid coach and won a superbowl and lost another. It also took him a long time to get 1. He was very fortunate to have a solif front office and ownership , neither is what we have. If cowher comes here and loses which he could, does that mean the end of football in Buffalo? It might! I'd rather hire another firery coach or a proven commodity such as Schottenhimer. Marty and his son would be a much bigger story winning in Buffalo than a Cowher winning here. Mart has turned around 3 franchises and just how big a story would the 4 time losers bills and Marty ball be winning the big one! I Who would Cowher bring here as coaches? His staff is already under contract most places.

I don't believe he is n the mix anyways......sounds like he will coahs the panther next season now with Fox going to Chicago possibly! It sure does appear that our ownerships age and uncertainty of a future in this team has doomed us. The fans of this great city deserve better than the Bills.......I for one am interested in how much Roger Goodell gets envolved with this stadium issue that has crept up again! Snow is as much a history of Buffalo as wind is Chcago!

I personally would welcome fraizer or Harbaugh here in Buffalo. Not into Billick! Grimm, no thanks!

THE EASY ANSWER TO THE QUESTION YOU POSE IN THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD IS NO.

though you are surely in the minority

You think Cowher wasn't fiery or isn't a proven commodity?

I'm with you man, unless he brings in an awesome OC, which still would make me hesitant.

This is the man who would not give up on Kordell Stewart. I think people forget that too much. Stewart was, at best, a mediocre QB. But Cowher just kept plugging him in there. That scares me with our recent QB problems.

Other than that, we could do much, MUCH worse

I'm with you man, unless he brings in an awesome OC, which still would make me hesitant.

This is the man who would not give up on Kordell Stewart. I think people forget that too much. Stewart was, at best, a mediocre QB. But Cowher just kept plugging him in there. That scares me with our recent QB problems.

this is also the guy that took the steelers to the playoffs with stewart as qb.

took his team to multiple afc championship games with multiple qb's.

took the steelers to the superbowl with neil odonnell.

took the steelers to the superbowl and won with a second year qb.

yep, i sure am scared about his judgement on the qb position.

Been thinking about this as well. The guy did have a helluva gun and his 'Slash' capabilities kept many defenses at bay. This appears to be a staple of 'Chin's teams; run the ball and clock, mix in a lot of gadget plays and play blitz defense. Even with a non-conforming QB, his win % implies he has a proven method. That Big Ben played a terrible game in the Chin's 2nd SB and still won with his 'scheme' gives me hope with our terrible QB play and no 'savior' in sight.

Yes. you are. I think we have seen enough of second class coaches. We need a proven winner in here who will at least give credibility to this sad sack franchise.

I am not interested in Bill Cowher.

Neither am I. Very strongly so. As I discovered yesterday, so is Simon. So no you are certainly not alone but as someone else said, we are in a minority. The guy does not add much by way of being a HC. He needed a loaded roster and Dick Lebeau's defense to help him win ONE. And that was inspite of him being a HC - not because of him. All he had to do was get out of the way and let the above factors take his team to a victory. A better coach would have won more superbowls for the Steelers.

I for one am interested in how much Roger Goodell gets envolved with this stadium issue that has crept up again! Snow is as much a history of Buffalo as wind is Chcago!

Dont worry about the lease which expires in 2013 until we have named a coach!

Simple answer.... No you are NOT alone. I too would prefer someone other than Cowher. Why? Cowher has made it clear "established" personnel groupings must be in place (QB) in order for him to consider a team. Well, woo peee I guess that makes Cowher a non issue. Nix has already stated his coach candidate must be a TEACHER..first and foremost. Cowher is NO TEACHER. That he won a SB means squat. That he is able to develop and inspire his team to play sound, smart football, and can outcoach the opposition is important to me. WHY? If he is successful doing these things, his team wins. Yes, Dorothy there is a place called Kansas.

Billick pissed off RW..okay...but so did Jim Kelly. He insulted Buffalo and Western NY. Yet we welcomed Jimbo with open arms when the USFL folded. Today, Buffalo is the beloved home of that snooty brat from Miami. Like Kelly, Billick need only enjoy a slice of humble pie, meet the greatest fans on earth in Buffalo, and he too will eventually call Buffalo his beloved home. It happens to alot of people. They hate Buffalo, UNTIL they go there...then it's love.. (not at first sight)

I support Billick for HC because he has a history of developing players, adapting his coaching style and system to the talent that he has, and inspiring his team to play like their hair is on fire. The fact that he won a superbowl without a ton of superstars speaks for itself.

Leslie Frazier will NOT be accepted in Buffalo. No matter what his credentials. Harbaugh does not inspire me with a lot of confidence that he can succeed at this level. Buffalo REALLY needs a quality coach who have succeeded at the PRO level.

Just my 50 cents worth

Simple answer.... No you are NOT alone. I too would prefer someone other than Cowher. Why? Cowher has made it clear "established" personnel groupings must be in place (QB) in order for him to consider a team. Well, woo peee I guess that makes Cowher a non issue. Nix has already stated his coach candidate must be a TEACHER..first and foremost. Cowher is NO TEACHER. That he won a SB means squat. That he is able to develop and inspire his team to play sound, smart football, and can outcoach the opposition is important to me. WHY? If he is successful doing these things, his team wins. Yes, Dorothy there is a place called Kansas.

Billick pissed off RW..okay...but so did Jim Kelly. He insulted Buffalo and Western NY. Yet we welcomed Jimbo with open arms when the USFL folded. Today, Buffalo is the beloved home of that snooty brat from Miami. Like Kelly, Billick need only enjoy a slice of humble pie, meet the greatest fans on earth in Buffalo, and he too will eventually call Buffalo his beloved home. It happens to alot of people. They hate Buffalo, UNTIL they go there...then it's love.. (not at first sight)

I support Billick for HC because he has a history of developing players, adapting his coaching style and system to the talent that he has, and inspiring his team to play like their hair is on fire. The fact that he won a superbowl without a ton of superstars speaks for itself.

Leslie Frazier will NOT be accepted in Buffalo. No matter what his credentials. Harbaugh does not inspire me with a lot of confidence that he can succeed at this level. Buffalo REALLY needs a quality coach who have succeeded at the PRO level.

Just my 50 cents worth

Why is that? Is he a vegetarian?

did anyone really think this would be easy.

this is Buffalo for crying out loud. We haven't built a new Peace Bridge yet and that was suppose to be opened way back in 96' or something like that. Buffalo and all of WNY act like it's still the 1950's.

The history of this franchise isn't glorious, we had 2 solid periods the mid 60's and the late 80's easrly 90's. Any coach has to look at that and realize that onwership here may be that interested in winning and the area doesn't really care about change.

Why is that? Is he a vegetarian?

WOW is being a vegetarian another criteria that could disqualify a potential coach?

For a city and team that has such a poor image (Sabres excluded) ..... it's a shame that those who CAN make a difference...WON'T.

Its been Harbaugh of bust for me for about 18 months now. Cowher would be the obvious choice, but I just get a feeling that he wont be successful here. The HC in Buffalo needs to be the GM, the scouts, everything. Cowher had a lot of support in Pitt which he wont have here.

Harbaugh is the younger up and coming Cowher/Shottenhiemer.... not the has been one...