Oh, I get it... Nix meant high school or college HC experience

Chuckknox

Yea, it's BS. And they're going to try and sell Frazier to the fans just like they did with Williams, Mularkey and Jauron. I'm sick of them hiring head coaches with no NFL head coaching credibility. Frazier has none, correct?

I like that you're all angry and you don't even know. Understandable. Google is difficult.

So what would you like them to do instead? If you believe everything you read, which you must as that's what your post is based on, the Bills are trying to sign Cowler, but he turned them down. Shan turned them down and went to DC. Gruden is out of the picture. OK Billick is interested, do you want him. Marv Levy I'm sure would be interested. Just remember, every great coach started out as an inexperienced coordinator named head coach. Dick Jaron was an experienced coach, that worked well. The odds are against you as you likely will higher two coordinator who don't work out for every good one that does. They could hire a college HC, but again the odds of that working in the NFL are about the same, maybe even worse as off the top of my head I can't think of any successful NFL coaches who started out as a successful college coach. I'm sure the Bills would like to higher Cowler, but if he says no, what other options do they have other than taking someone without head coaching experience.

Personnally I think coaching is way over rated. On the other hand the GM role is underrated. Give any coach exceptional talent and he'll look like the next Bill Walsh. Marv Levy did little before he got to Buffalo, now he's in the hall of fame. Did he suddenly learn to coach or was it the players? So many teams in all sports have floundered for years until the got a good personal man, Giants of the 80's; Mets of the 80's; the Bills in the 90's; the list goes one.

If Nix is able to build a team like he was able to HELP put together in San Diego and Buffalo, we will be in great shape. Granted he wasn't the GM in those other roles, so can he do it as the top man, we will see, but that is the key.

Geez guys. The guy is being thorough and interviewing a bunch of people. Reading this board you would think Nix went out and signed a high school special teams coach to be the HC of the Bills. Why don't you wait until he signs someone you don't like before crucifying the guy. Consider the fact that he may not be able to hire a big name, or even someone with HC experience that is worth a **** because they turn him down. If he was sitting on his hands and not interviewing other candidates now you are the same people that would be calling for his head for not being proactive. Grow up.

i agree with the original poster, not interested in a coordinator at this point. we have been there, done that, obviously. its time to be accountable and at least offer the fans a bone. no more "busines as usual", just hire billick for crissakes rather than try to be the discoverer of the next "hot coordinator". tired of that scenerio.

Geez guys. The guy is being thorough and interviewing a bunch of people. Reading this board you would think Nix went out and signed a high school special teams coach to be the HC of the Bills. Why don't you wait until he signs someone you don't like before crucifying the guy. Consider the fact that he may not be able to hire a big name, or even someone with HC experience that is worth a **** because they turn him down. If he was sitting on his hands and not interviewing other candidates now you are the same people that would be calling for his head for not being proactive. Grow up.

You make a good point. At least he didn't look at a list of candidates and immediately discount them all because he didn't know any of them. At least he hasn't decided that the best course is to promote from within, picking one of two candidates. He apparently hasn't interviewed a lot of people yet, but I'll believe he is trying until the facts prove me wrong.

Hey, it's tough to sell a Bills head coaching job.

We haven't won the superbowl yet... duhhh :wallbash:

Yea, it's BS. And they're going to try and sell Frazier to the fans just like they did with Williams, Mularkey and Jauron. I'm sick of them hiring head coaches with no NFL head coaching credibility. Frazier has none, correct?

Absolutely right. We all know no NFL team ever hires a first-time coach. They are all hatched from eggs wearing Super Bowl rings.

PTR

Ignoring who Nix is TRYING to hire, and crucifying him for who he MIGHT hire. Wow this coaching search has really brought out the worst in the fan base.

Exactly Billnut....the reh-tard rodeo is in full effect because the Bills haven't announced after four days of being allowed to do a FULL coaching search that Bill Cowher and Mike Shanahan are having a slap fight in the hallway to determine who will be the new head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

Here's some fun facts for you the Chicken Little Brigade (credit: DC Tom)

1) The Bills ARE interviewing experienced head coaches like Cowher, Shanahan and Billick. Even if they offer them $100 million and a harem of 40 virgins, these men still have the free will to say NO to the job for whatever reasons they want to...I know..crazy right?

2) The Bills are INTERVIEWING the best coordinators for the head coach position in the event they cannot woo one of the big "names" out there. People like to call that DUE DILLIGENCE or in layman's terms "not putting your eggs all in one basket". Can you imagine the internet eruption there would be if the Bills let everything ride on Cowher, he waits and waits and waits before making a decision and we don't have a plan B and have to rehire Perry and his staff?

Absolutely right. We all know no NFL team ever hires a first-time coach. They are all hatched from eggs wearing Super Bowl rings.

PTR

Yeah...Whisenhunt, Tomlin, Sparano, Mike Smith...man those guys all suck diddily uck! Worst head coaches ever! Who hired those loser coordinators??!?

Exactly Billnut....the reh-tard rodeo is in full effect because the Bills haven't announced after four days of being allowed to do a FULL coaching search that Bill Cowher and Mike Shanahan are having a slap fight in the hallway to determine who will be the new head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

Here's some fun facts for you the Chicken Little Brigade (credit: DC Tom)

1) The Bills ARE interviewing experienced head coaches like Cowher, Shanahan and Billick. Even if they offer them $100 million and a harem of 40 virgins, these men still have the free will to say NO to the job for whatever reasons they want to...I know..crazy right?

2) The Bills are INTERVIEWING the best coordinators for the head coach position in the event they cannot woo one of the big "names" out there. People like to call that DUE DILLIGENCE or in layman's terms "not putting your eggs all in one basket". Can you imagine the internet eruption there would be if the Bills let everything ride on Cowher, he waits and waits and waits before making a decision and we don't have a plan B and have to rehire Perry and his staff?

:nana: