Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

Joe Logan wants handwritten letters but an email campaign directed at OBD would be just as effective and quicker.

We should deluge OBD with emails about the Cowher offer/hire.

I can't find an email address on their website. Does anyone know Brandon's email?

to start, go to this link:

http://www.buffalobills.com/about-us/contact-us.html

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Logan wants handwritten letters but an email campaign directed at OBD would be just as effective and quicker.

I can't find an email address on their website. Does anyone know Brandon's email?

I don't think they do or should care what a bunch of individuals- who were not in the room- have to say about a situation they know nothing (substantive) about. Perhaps hiring a guy that shared what he shared during that discussion makes him a bad choice. We don't know.

My Mom used to push me to date the polite, well spoken girl that wore the conservative shirts. We had recently broken up be cause she couldn't keep her legs together. Mom didn't know that little fact. Never told her, either.

I don't think they do or should care what a bunch of individuals- who were not in the room- have to say about a situation they know nothing (substantive) about. Perhaps hiring a guy that shared what he shared during that discussion makes him a bad choice. We don't know.

My Mom used to push me to date the polite, well spoken girl that wore the conservative shirts. We had recently broken up be cause she couldn't keep her legs together. Mom didn't know that little fact. Never told her, either.

So what's her email address?

That's the truth. Let's face it -- the average fan know THIS about Cowher:

1. He's great on TV -- a likable guy.

2. He's enthusiastic -- appears to be a good motivator

3. He's had success -- very nice winning percentage and one Super Bowl ring

The average fan really knows nothing more than this when it comes right down to it. We don't REALLY know what kind of coach he is. Clearly, he's very good because his winning percentage does not lie, but honestly we don't really know the guy other than what we see on TV or read about him. We just have to trust Buddy and Russ that they learned what they needed to learn about him during their stealth interview(s). We just don't know what was said.

The average fan really knows nothing more than this when it comes right down to it. We don't REALLY know what kind of coach he is. Clearly, he's very good because his winning percentage does not lie, but honestly we don't really know the guy other than what we see on TV or read about him. We just have to trust Buddy and Russ that they learned what they needed to learn about him during their stealth interview(s). We just don't know what was said.

Really?? are you being sarcastic?? we don't "know" enough to make a great offer to Cowher over an unproven tampa 2 DC?? you're kidding, right?? what has to be "said" - if he declines, then fine but according to Logan, the problem is that RW and RB don't have a sense of urgency. And after 10 years of futility, I think the situation is pretty urgent. maybe I'm being selfish for wanting the experiences of being a Bills fan I had growing up during the Kelly era. Maybe we should just "trust" Brandon and Nix?? well according to Logan, people on the "inside" and who "know what was said" don't trust them -- so I don't think I'll trust them.

I hate this argument "fans don't know because they're not in this position". It's easy for ANYONE to say that about anything and still be incompetent. Fans that watch football every Saturday and Sunday for 15 years or more know something about football. So stop with the power card.

My guess is they seen our current O-line play and used some common sense in determining its hard to stretch the field or anything else with the Defense storming down on you constantly. Fitz is extremely good at quick decision making, improvising and running with the ball and still struggled behind our O-line.

In my opinion Fitz and TE are both good QB's and behind a more established/experienced O-line both of them could succeed in the NFL. (I also like Brohm)

Ryan Fitpatrick has now won 9 of his last 12 NFL starts

And in his career, Fitz has 23 starts. 8 wins, 1 tie and 14 losses

Brohm, has 1 start, 0 wins, 0 ties, and 1 loss

Edwards has 30 starts, 14 wins, 0 ties and 16 losses.

Seems to me the win percent is:

Fitz - 36.9

Brohm - 0

Edwards - 46.7

Also,

Fitz - 5 years experience

Brohm - 2 years experience

Edwards - 3 years experience

You know none of these guys have shown much, but I would let the next Head coach make the call on who he thinks he can develop and groom, rather than a bunch of Madden playing internet fatties and money grubbing front office geeks.

I hate this argument "fans don't know because they're not in this position". It's easy for ANYONE to say that about anything and still be incompetent. Fans that watch football every Saturday and Sunday for 15 years or more know something about football. So stop with the power card.

...but with your 15 years of experience, you have never interviewed anyone for a front office/HC position. Cowher just might have been so worried about his legacy he might not want to be here, the Bills cupboard is not full. Would OBD admit that? He might have said that he might want to coach, but reduced hours, Spurrier stuff. Cowher may simply think it's nice in the TV studio. We simply weren't there. What has been reported is that finances were not the issue. Take one Ralphie stigma off the table.

No offense, but fifteen years at the stadium is not equal to one on one time with the coaching prospects. An unworkable situation is bad, no matter how flashy the names are.

Guest dog14787
And in his career, Fitz has 23 starts. 8 wins, 1 tie and 14 losses

Brohm, has 1 start, 0 wins, 0 ties, and 1 loss

Edwards has 30 starts, 14 wins, 0 ties and 16 losses.

Seems to me the win percent is:

Fitz - 36.9

Brohm - 0

Edwards - 46.7

Also,

Fitz - 5 years experience

Brohm - 2 years experience

Edwards - 3 years experience

You know none of these guys have shown much, but I would let the next Head coach make the call on who he thinks he can develop and groom, rather than a bunch of Madden playing internet fatties and money grubbing front office geeks.

Counting the Jets game were he only missed the first series, Fitzpatrick has now won 9 of his last 12 games.

I'm thinking the same thing. Yeeeesh!

"None of that is good news, however I was also told that Buffalo Fan Factor is having an effect on the happenings on both sides of the table and the suggestion to me was to see if we could really take it up a notch, and fast!"

This is a concern, given the rash of witless threads and posts here from what appears to be pre-teen noobies flooding the board. I haven't hand-written a letter in years, but if J-Lo's post about Brandon and Mix carry any merit, it's worth a shot -given my desperation to see this franchise turn around.

I'm pretty certain the pre-teen noobies can'teven write with paper and pen, so I don't foresee too many letter being written. Now, if he would have said poorly worded tweets, he'd be inundated.

Counting the Jets game were he only missed the first series, Fitzpatrick has now won 9 of his last 12 games.

He's only got 8 wins as a starter. Total. Even if you magically give him the jets win, he started would then get credit for 9 starts this season. In those 9 games, the bills lost 4 of them. Facts be damned, there is no way you can subtract 4 from 12 and still come up with 9.

He's only got 8 wins as a starter. Total. Even if you magically give him the jets win, he started would then get credit for 9 starts this season. In those 9 games, the bills lost 4 of them. Facts be damned, there is no way you can subtract 4 from 12 and still come up with 9.

Apparently facts are overrated.

"Wins as a starter as stat" = FAIL.

Check out these hot "wins as a starting QB" stats:

A) 7-18

B) 24-15

C) 10-18

D) 18-14

A is Troy Aikman's first two seasons. He started out 0-11.

B is Wade Wilson's "wins" through 1989.

C is Jim Kelly's first two seasons. He started out 4-12.

D is Jim Everett's first three seasons of starts.

You see where I'm going with this, and we've been over this a billion times on this board. Are B and D predictors or indicators of higher levels of skill and talent at QB? Only someone who's never watched a game of football would think so (and I'm sure you'd agree). The "Wins as starter" stat ignores the team around the player and suggests too much credit for what the QB does, 99% of the time. I don't think much of any of the QBs on the roster at this point though I'm intrigued by Brohm's potential. Still, this is a BS stat that proves zilch. Most of the QB stats on this roster point to a conspiracy of bad QBing, horrible system(s), and lack of talent around the QB onfield and on the sidelines.

A) 7-18

B) 24-15

C) 10-18

D) 18-14

You see where I'm going with this, and we've been over this a billion times on this board. Are B and D predictors or indicators of higher levels of skill and talent at QB? Only someone who's never watched a game of football would think so (and I'm sure you'd agree). The "Wins as starter" stat ignores the team around the player and suggests too much credit for what the QB does, 99% of the time. I don't think much of any of the QBs on the roster at this point though I'm intrigued by Brohm's potential. Still, this is a BS stat that proves zilch. Most of the QB stats on this roster point to a conspiracy of bad QBing, horrible system(s), and lack of talent around the QB onfield and on the sidelines.

I hope you are not directing this at me. I am not the idiot who thinks 3.5 is the answer.

And what do you think OBD is going to do with the emails/ letters?

We need Joe Logan, we need him to create another report. The threads have been lacking lately without him.

Hey Jumping Joe Logan where did you go????

i emailed Joe Logan a link to the You-tube video that makes fun of him regarding cowher.......he emailed me back saying... "My wife was upset, but it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.."

btw....he came out with a report late last night.....

http://eastaurora.org/article.aspx?artno=1237

i emailed Joe Logan a link to the You-tube video that makes fun of him regarding cowher.......he emailed me back saying... "My wife was upset, but it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.."

btw....he came out with a report late last night.....

http://eastaurora.org/article.aspx?artno=1237

Hey, your link is kind of like the one I attached at the top.

A) 7-18

B) 24-15

C) 10-18

D) 18-14

This is the problem that I see with this argument. If we were a fanbase, and a team that actually believed that developing a QB over time was something we should be doing, this would be a good argument. But all I see is how bad we have gotten.

They listed Trent's record over the first 30 games as 14-16, while you just listed Kelly's WL over the first 28 as 10-18. All I see this proving is that we, as a fan base, and as a team, don't have the patience to let a QB develop.

I am in no way saying that I think Trent is Jim Kelly, or even will be a great QB, but if we were like this when Kelly was 10-18, we would have been running him out of town, and bringing in Reich as soon as possible. And if he had won one single game, we would have appointed him QB and made sure Kelly never started again.

I think we need to start anew (LeFevour please?) however if we get a real HC that wants to put Edwards in at QB, I am not going to argue with him, as we haven't actually developed a QB since Kelly. This is why we spend 15 years searching for the next JK, because we don't have the patience to see how good the QB's we actually have are.

This is the problem that I see with this argument. If we were a fanbase, and a team that actually believed that developing a QB over time was something we should be doing, this would be a good argument. But all I see is how bad we have gotten.

They listed Trent's record over the first 30 games as 14-16, while you just listed Kelly's WL over the first 28 as 10-18. All I see this proving is that we, as a fan base, and as a team, don't have the patience to let a QB develop.

I am in no way saying that I think Trent is Jim Kelly, or even will be a great QB, but if we were like this when Kelly was 10-18, we would have been running him out of town, and bringing in Reich as soon as possible. And if he had won one single game, we would have appointed him QB and made sure Kelly never started again.

I think we need to start anew (LeFevour please?) however if we get a real HC that wants to put Edwards in at QB, I am not going to argue with him, as we haven't actually developed a QB since Kelly. This is why we spend 15 years searching for the next JK, because we don't have the patience to see how good the QB's we actually have are.

Agreed, garbageman. It's one part poor talent, and at least an equal part poor development. I was a Losman supporter and I am glad he moved on, but I think neither he nor Trent got the support they needed to become good NFL QBs in Buffalo. In fact, I think Buffalo wrecked both of them.

On the flipside, both Aikman and Kelly were showing promise in year 2. There is room for a rough first year if there's progress made in the second. It seems like Bills QBs are always doing the reverse. I did see some progression in JP's game in his 2006 season, which is why I thought it bad that they changed their approach in an effort to hand things off to Trent before he had proper seasoning.

The proper path here would seem to be getting a stronger veteran (McNabb?) and drafting his replacement to take over in 1-2 years' time. It worked for the Pack with Favre / Rodgers, Jets with Vinny/Pennington, Cowboys with Bledsoe/Romo, the Pats with Bledsoe/Brady... and, man do I wish it could have worked out in Buffalo with Bledsoe/Losman! I still think it's the right approach to take going forward, though. If they do it on the cheap with Fitz and a future commodity it could work, but only if they're going to take the "McNabb money" and further fortify the lines and WR corps. With a few poor games from Fitz, though, a new and presumably first-time coach will feel the pressure to put in the youngster. Hopefully we're not just spinning our tires here.

Another spin of the coaching carousel will come and go without Bill Cowher returning to the NFL. Jerome Bettis has an idea where The Chin would like to jump back on.

"[The Giants are] the team that he really coveted," Bettis said on SIRIUS radio with Chris Russo Thursday. "This is where he always wanted to be. The Mara family, he's been very close to them. . . . He's known them very well and was on the inside track -- before the Giants won the Super Bowl -- for that job. And I think he's holding out for that opportunity if it presents itself."

Bettis on Cowher