On this day in history Ronnie !@#$ing Harmon

Beerball

Yep me too, because I was there. <_< This was my first away Bills game. I decided to try to get tickets on the Wedneaday before the game (and remember this was 1990 before EBay/StubHub/Craigslist etc) and somehow I got a pair.

I was watching the "History of the Buffalo Bills" DVD last night and this play came on, shot from the corner that the ball came to. Still don't know how Harmon drops that ball - rumor is that he was on the take.

That was one of the first few Bills games I can vividly remember. Ronnie Harmon is my first bad Bills memory.

However, my hard drive is getting full of bad Bills memories. If this current trend of the last decade continues much longer, I may forget about that game altogether. <_<

The birth of the K-Gun, no-huddle attack.

Yes, RH gets the GOAT tag from it, but 9 dropped passes and Norwoods' flub of an X-point forced the Bills into that predicament. I think we all mimicked Talley's 'deathflop' in the end.

The next game (home opener in '90), they picked right up where they left off, racing down the field against Indy for a FG, and didn't quit running 'til Norwood missed one in Tampa.

Ugh, Droppin' Ronnie Harmon....

Thanks for the reminder of that terrible Bills moment. <_<

I'd like to think even if we could have beaten Denver we probably would not have beaten San Fran so that makes it a little easier to swallow...

and at least somewhat good things followed immediately after.

Wow..20 years! One of the best games I ever attended. Those who know me remember this game as the one where I got pissed on at halftime by a member of the dog pound. RIP to my dear friend Bob Bianco who I attended the game with and said he would never go to another Bills game with me....he never did.

Remember this like it was yesterday. Sitting in Champioins Sport Bar in SA TX riverwalk. Seeing Ronnie break open.. Kelly throw.. Fans in the bar (yes there were Buffalo fans in San Antonio TX) Standing up screaming yeahhhhh!!!.. followed by the dreaded AWWWWWW ...

Couldn't believe he dropped that pass.

That was one of the first few Bills games I can vividly remember. Ronnie Harmon is by first bad Bills memory.

However, my hard drive is getting full of bad Bills memories. If this current trend of the last decade continues much longer, I may forget about that game altogether. :thumbsup:

I was going to post the exact same thing. That's hilarious.

Gave birth to one of the worst jokes ever...

Hey, didja hear that Ronnie Harmon got married?

No. Really?

Yeah...but there was no reception!

I'll always wonder about that 'non-reception', especially in light of the rumors that Harmon was paid to 'throw' the '86 Rose Bowl.

And file this in the "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times" department...

Just for some of the younger posters who may not realize just how glorious that Buffalo Bills Dynasty era was, the Bills lost the previous AFC title game (1988 season) to the Bengals - had Harmon not dropped that last-second pass against Cleveland in the '89 playoffs the following season, we'd have gone on the the AFC title game again, and that would have made SIX CONSECUTIVE AFC TITLE GAME appearances for Marv Levy & Co. - the 1988, 1989, and - of course - the Superbowl years - 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993.

What an era. What a glorious time to be a Bills fan.

The pass was high.....just like how Bills fans don't talk about Darryl Talley's wonderful tackling in Superbowl XXV

I hate to be the guy that always brings this up; but is anyone the least bit bothered or give it a moments thought that Ronnie Harmon, the same guy rumored to have thrown the 1986 Rose Bowl game (4 fumbs, 1 MAJOR drop) as alluded to in a report on Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel...is also the same guy that in my opinion (and others, obviously) short armed a critical pass against the Browns in the playoffs?

Sorry, just sayin.