Fewell interviews monday, Weis not in picture for Bills HC

Fewell733

Good for Perry.....honestly if we do not get Cowher I would be just as happy with Perry as Rivera, B Schottenheimer (who at times has been close to being run out of NY), or B Billick. The other candidates are very uninspiring to me.

If no Cowher then all the rest are pretty equal. Perry went what 3-4 with Ryan Fitzpatrick and B Brohm as his QBs.

Good for Perry.....honestly if we do not get Cowher I would be just as happy with Perry as Rivera, B Schottenheimer (who at times has been close to being run out of NY), or B Billick. The other candidates are very uninspiring to me.

If no Cowher then all the rest are pretty equal. Perry went what 3-4 with Ryan Fitzpatrick and B Brohm as his QBs.

Bull ****. Fewell should be on a rail out of town.

Cowher as HC, with Weis as the OC. The Bills will need a DC who will run a 3-4.

Bull ****. Fewell should be on a rail out of town.

Rail? that's a little harsh. maybe thank him for showing the team can, occasionally, shows signs of life and wish him luck...then send him on his way. He did A LOT better than I was expecting...Bills were only really out of the ATL game; the others were certainly winnable. And he had the sand to go with Fitz and Jackson even though Trent and Lynch were the supposed "stars" (I use that term real loosely). And, if nothing else, he did give us a Dolphins blow out. That alone is worth a bus ticket over a rail

Gotta love Tampa 2... :D:thumbsup::wallbash:

Holy cow! NO! to all of those.

Fewell interview is nothing more than getting the Rooney Rule out of the way

Exactly. Fewell is as conservative as Jauron. We need to get rid of EVERYONE from this current regime except for Bobby April. It is as simple as that. Fewell is not head coaching material. Does anyone really think we would have made the playoffs or even 9 games with him as head coach the entire season? I don't think so!!! Cowher would be awesome, and Billick would be a close second. He is a winner, and has great presence and respect on the sideline and in the locker room. This is when the excitement starts people. Hold onto your seats!!!

Cowher would be good, but I would be just as happy to have Billick. He has won just as many Super Bowls as Cowher has, but with far less talent, and about one third of the seasons. Perry isn't HC material, at least at this point, last week against Atlanta showed that, his team wasn't even close to being prepared to play. I don't really care about Rivera or Marty Jr., but I don't want Fewell to stay here.

Exactly. Fewell is as conservative as Jauron. We need to get rid of EVERYONE from this current regime except for Bobby April. It is as simple as that. Fewell is not head coaching material. Does anyone really think we would have made the playoffs or even 9 games with him as head coach the entire season? I don't think so!!! Cowher would be awesome, and Billick would be a close second. He is a winner, and has great presence and respect on the sideline and in the locker room. This is when the excitement starts people. Hold onto your seats!!!

I agree that an overhaul in the coaching ranks is needed, with the exception of Bobby April. What I disagree with is the assertion that Perry Fewell "is not Head Coaching Material". Frankly I haven't seen enough of him in the job to agree with that statement. In fact, I doubt there is anyone on this forum in a position to make that analogy. If there is, I suspect you should be in the front office at OBD.

Is Perry Fewell the right guy for the BILLS H.C. at this time? Probably not. The tasks and obstacles facing the next head coach will require experience and steadfast leadership. Perry has demonstrated that he is definitely up to the task of being a head coach, just not with the BILLS, NOT THIS TIME AROUND. I say get the token minority interview out of the way and move on. Let's face it, no one in Bills country wants a guy like Fewell or Dungy....I just hope Alabama Nix can find a good ole boy that he can work with that the masses will not try to lynch.

"Adam_Schefter

Perry Fewell interviews for the Buffalo head coaching job Monday; Charlie Weis will not be the Bills next head coach."

no surprise about Fewell. Relieved about Weis. He's garbage as a head coach, imo.

Other than a few game day decisions against the Pats* I think Fewell did a very good job, especially given the circumstances.

That said, it is time to clean house in Buffalo. I sure hope Buddy brings in someone new and with a successful track record (unlike the Jauron hiring).

I agree that an overhaul in the coaching ranks is needed, with the exception of Bobby April.

If it is Cowher, what's the deal with him and Bobby April?

I remember there being some friction which led to April's departure from Pitt. Then again, this was also the case with Cowher and LeBeau in on-again off-again stints. Have he and April patched it up since?