Tebow looks like a NFL QB tonight

Chuckknox

He makes his reads very fast and shows great touch on his passes. The long pass looked perfect as well. He's not going to make it out of the first round.

He never looks like he is scared in any game, no matter what happens he looks like he is battling.

He would be a good risk with some good upside.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He makes his reads very fast and shows great touch on his passes. The long pass looked perfect as well. He's not going to make it out of the first round.

He never looks like he is scared in any game, no matter what happens he looks like he is battling.

He would be a good risk with some good upside.

Watch him wind up before he throws. Major talent all around him. He has bust written all over him. Quit being so impressed by quarterbacks surrounded by great talent. It will almost always fool you

Watch him wind up before he throws. Major talent all around him. He has bust written all over him. Quit being so impressed by quarterbacks surrounded by great talent. It will almost always fool you

his mechanics suck right now, but that is the ONLY knock on him. all he needs is to correct his release.

agreed- Florida QBs are typically busts in the NFL

That's totally invalid considering that the Florida QBs to whom you refer played under Spurrier and Zook. The only top prospect coached by Urban Meyer was Utah's Alex Smith. While he's taken some time to come around, Smith played well this season and appears to have turned the corner.

I happen to think that Tebow is a better QB than Smith was in college, so maybe it'll take him 2-3 years to develop into an NFL QB, just like Smith.

But I don't think it's appropriate to write Tebow off...he's too good an athlete with too good an arm, and he's got the attitude and determination to go with it.

his mechanics suck right now, but that is the ONLY knock on him. all he needs is to correct his release.

And Brian Billick just made an interesting comment about the fact that his throws - meaning the "wind-up" and release - take too long for the NFL.

That can be changed by NFL coaching. The important part is that he's got the arm.

That can be changed by NFL coaching. The important part is that he's got the arm.

i agree. i think its ridiculous to scoff at Tebow just because of his current mechanics. all he needs is a good QB coach. i believe he already has the ability and determination to learn how to throw correctly, he's just never had to.

Some on this board have said that the Bills should pick Pike. I do not agree. Nevertheless, compare the protection each QB is getting.

Gee, I wonder if there is a correlation between good protection and effective QB play.

As an aside, it is hard not to admire Tebow. Yet, take a look at where he starts his motion. The funny thing is, as I recall, UF hired a former NFL QB coach in the off season to help improve his mechanics. I guess that did not happen.

he has what you can't teach......leadership, heart, work ethic = WINNER !!

he will be the most controversial pick in this years draft...... JAX desperately needs him to sell tickets. For the rest of the league he is a project. He should go in the 2nd round, but don't be suprised if he goes in the 1st round. it will take 2-3 years before he is NFL ready, but i believe with his determination he will ultimately make it.

i agree. i think its ridiculous to scoff at Tebow just because of his current mechanics. all he needs is a good QB coach. i believe he already has the ability and determination to learn how to throw correctly, he's just never had to.

And there's the catch - he needs a good QB coach. If the Bills managed to get Tebow his success would be largely dependent on who Nix picks for HC (and thus who that HC hires as QB coach). It makes me wonder what TE would have been like if he'd had the right coach to pull him out of the funk he's been in since he took that concussion in the Arizona game - or if he'd been on a better team.

Tebow doesn't know how to read a defense. Alabama made him look like a high school player by dropping players into zone coverage and confusing him. They were able to do that because they cut off his ability to run the ball. He can spot guys who are open in man, but really struggles to diagnose complicated zone schemes.

If you couple the fact that he has below average accuracy and a slow release, you will see why almost no one is giving him a first round grade.

Tebow doesn't know how to read a defense. Alabama made him look like a high school player by dropping players into zone coverage and confusing him. They were able to do that because they cut off his ability to run the ball. He can spot guys who are open in man, but really struggles to diagnose complicated zone schemes.

If you couple the fact that he has below average accuracy and a slow release, you will see why almost no one is giving him a first round grade.

disagree on the accuracy. and i know why people are giving him a lower round grade (AND i dont disagree with it), all im saying is that we dont reeeally know and i believe his chances of making it are as good as his chances to bust. that being said, i wouldnt mind if the Bills took him. assuming of course, the proper QB coach was in place and they had a plan for him.

And there's the catch - he needs a good QB coach. If the Bills managed to get Tebow his success would be largely dependent on who Nix picks for HC (and thus who that HC hires as QB coach). It makes me wonder what TE would have been like if he'd had the right coach to pull him out of the funk he's been in since he took that concussion in the Arizona game - or if he'd been on a better team.

luckily, Nix said this in his press conference:

Another thing that's important, more so maybe sometimes than the head coach, is the assistants and the coordinators," Nix said. "If a head coach is a good CEO, then you got good coordinators and good offensive and defensive line coaches, you gotta have a good quarterback coach, somebody that can get that guy better -- and I'm not reflecting on anybody we got -- those are the guys you gotta have, a guy that can put a staff together."

:bag:

Tebow does look great but as someone said earlier, they are dominating Cinci. Put Tebow on a rebuilding team like the Bills, against NFL defenses, and I doubt you'd get the same results...at first anyway. In fact if you put Tebow behind the current Bills line he'd look like Tony Pike doers right now.

PTR

disagree on the accuracy. and i know why people are giving him a lower round grade (AND i dont disagree with it), all im saying is that we dont reeeally know and i believe his chances of making it are as good as his chances to bust. that being said, i wouldnt mind if the Bills took him. assuming of course, the proper QB coach was in place and they had a plan for him.

You can't really defend his accuracy... even his biggest proponents (Tony Dungy) agree that his accuracy is sub-par for an NFL QB prospect.

Brian Billick is breaking down Tim Tebow about as expert as can be. You couldn't get better insight on the guy that you are now. From his system, to his mechanics, to his head. GREAT analysis from Billick. Doesn't bode well for Tebow.