Worst Bills Team of Decade

/dev/null

Worst Bills Team of Decade  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Worst Bills Team of Decade

• 2000: 8-8. 4th Place (5 team division)
    • 2001: 3-13. 5th Place (5 team division)
    • 2002: 8-8. 4th Place
    • 2003: 6-10. 3rd Place
    • 2004: 9-7. 3rd Place
    • 2005: 5-11. 3rd Place
    • 2006: 7-9. 3rd Place
    • 2007: 7-9. 2nd Place
    • 2008: 7-9. 4th Place
    • 2009: 5-11, 6-10, or 5-10-1. 4th Place

2009 hands down, IMHO.

The 2001 team was terrible, but there was some rationale as to why.

Salary cap restraints seriously limited what the Bills could do in FA.

(IIRC, 30% of the salary was tied up in dead cap space).

This years team is just flat out horrible.

I think any of the previous team could have beaten a team who only scored 6 points when the game was at home. Give those previous teams the number of turnovers we have now and we are playoffs a couple of those years.

If i do remember our problem in the past years listed was our inability to create turnovers, now we can but now have an inept offensive :worthy:

How many people just voted based on the record? To me "worst" includes level of effort and maximization of potential. Based on that I'd probably put the 2001 team as one of the best of the decade. But I was at the game in NJ where that team showed a lot of heart and knocked the Jets out of the playoffs, so maybe I'm bias.

To me these Jauron teams had way more talent and did nothing with it, making all of them the 'worst'.

I voted the 2009 team but I would have voted a compilation of the 2006 - 2009 teams. The team were filled with some talent but just god awful teams to watch. There has been nothing exciting to watch from OBD since 1999 but at least the Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey teams, sans Williams' first year, were somewhat exciting to watch.

Now it's just watching because you're a fan, knowing that the team will most likely lose and look absolutely pathetic bad doing it.

2008 was the worst for me - considering the start we had and the fact that NE was without Brady we had a golden opportunity to finally do something and we choked like we've never choked before. Then we hear that Jauron got an extension despite going 0-6 in the division and losing 8 of his last 10 and it just made you want to jump off a bridge....

I voted 2005 with this 2009 edition of losers a close 2nd. That 2001 team, everybody knew we were going to take our lumps, I mean we waived half the roster for salary cap reasons & we were in full rebuild mode. At least there was some optimism about maybe Donahoe knew what he was doing & was going to build a contender. The 05, was just a complete joke. Running off Bledsoe(even though he was not very good) in favor of Loserman, who was not even close to be ready, to the backstabbing & bickering in the lockerroom by the vets & such it was just a bad year. This year is not far behind. F*ck this team.

i voted 2001. i barely remember it because we were sooo bad i broke my usual rule and made it a point to get completely wasted at those games so I wouldnt have to remember it.

this year's team is giving them a run for their money though. id like to see how next week goes and vote again after the season is complete.

This team is the worst IMO. The 2009 Bills are further away from competing than any other team of the decade.

1.No GM

2. No Coach

3. No QB (not even a mediocre one on the roster)

4. Horrendous o-line with best young player dealing with nasty injury

5.Pathetic group of undersized LBs who led to worst run defense in league

6. Aging, average, and terribly thin d-line that also deserves much of the blame for run problems.

7. A failed star WR aquisition that will leave this team very thin upon his departure. Hardy and Johnson as starters 2010? :sick: plus Reed :sick::sick:

8. The best RB on the team is going to be 29 and has been a career journeyman. He is good though. :unsure: Unfortunately his example doesn't seem to be rubbing off on his 23 year old counterpart. The former first round pick looks out of shape, has no vision, dances too much, and laughs on the sideline when his team is being blown out. He is also one strike away from a severe suspension.

9. The team is littered with high picks that have shown zero promise. (Byrd aside)

10. Last and most imortant, the team is still being led by an owner who has no structure in place and hasn't learned how to build a franchise. This is continous though and has been present for every team this decade.

There is absolutely no upside to the current team. I can't imagine a bigger botch job than the mess that is otherwise known as our offensive line. The Bills FO created this joke of a situation when they believed starting two rookies and a completely untested LT was the way to begin the season.

2009 hands down, IMHO.

The 2001 team was terrible, but there was some rationale as to why.

Salary cap restraints seriously limited what the Bills could do in FA.

(IIRC, 30% of the salary was tied up in dead cap space).

This years team is just flat out horrible.

My feelings exactly! This seasons team was just to hard to get excited to watch.

This team is the worst IMO. The 2009 Bills are further away from competing than any other team of the decade.

1.No GM

2. No Coach

3. No QB (not even a mediocre one on the roster)

4. Horrendous o-line with best young player dealing with nasty injury

5.Pathetic group of undersized LBs who led to worst run defense in league

6. Aging, average, and terribly thin d-line that also deserves much of the blame for run problems.

7. A failed star WR aquisition that will leave this team very thin upon his departure. Hardy and Johnson as starters 2010? :sick: plus Reed :sick::sick:

8. The best RB on the team is going to be 29 and has been a career journeyman. He is good though. :unsure: Unfortunately his example doesn't seem to be rubbing off on his 23 year old counterpart. The former first round pick looks out of shape, has no vision, dances too much, and laughs on the sideline when his team is being blown out. He is also one strike away from a severe suspension.

9. The team is littered with high picks that have shown zero promise. (Byrd aside)

10. Last and most imortant, the team is still being led by an owner who has no structure in place and hasn't learned how to build a franchise. This is continous though and has been present for every team this decade.

ouch ... but sums up the situation