A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

1) Fred Jackson would be a star running back on a team with blocking.

2) Tasker said that Incog wants to be here. I'm not saying he is great; I'm not even sure how good he is but he is self proclaimed, "blue collar" and I would keep him. There, I said it.

3) OMG do we need linebackers!!!!!!

4) It's official. Andy Levitre is our best blocker. He was a GREAT selection. I openly admit that I would have been fine with him at #28. Right R.Rich? :lol:

5) I think that everybody respects Poz except posters on this board. PS: The kid can play.

6) From today on, anybody who blasts Schobel should do so knowing that you are a fool, who knows s--t about football.

7) I like Fewell; I feel sorry for Fewell but he needs to go. The team simply needs a Jauron exorcism. Me and Bills Vet will act as Father Karras and Father Marin if need be.

8) Congrats to TO for reaching a very impressive milestone.

9) More on Schobel.....10 sacks? This on a team that ranks # 32 against the run. He is a hell of a player and yes, he is worth every cent of his salary.

10) Marshawn whiffed on a crucial 3rd down block and dropped yet another pass in the 2nd quarter. Let the exorcism continue. Not that we could get one for him, but I would jump all over a 3rd round pick. Or even a 4th.

11) Brohm? He looked OK. He reminds me of a pre-getting his ba!!s kicked in Trent.

12) Happy Holidays and God bless all.

13. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Fred Jackson would be a star running back on a team with blocking.

2) Tasker said that Incog wants to be here. I'm not saying he is great; I'm not even sure how good he is but he is self proclaimed, "blue collar" and I would keep him. There, I said it.

4) It's official. Andy Levitre is our best blocker. He was a GREAT selection. I openly admit that I would have been fine with him at #28. Right R.Rich? :lol:

5) I think that everybody respects Poz except posters on this board. PS: The kid can play.

6) From today on, anybody who blasts Schobel should do so knowing that you are a fool, who knows s--t about football.

7) I like Fewell; I feel sorry for Fewell but he needs to go. The team simply needs a Jauron exorcism. Me and Bills Vet will act as Father Karras and Father Marin if need be.

8) Congrats to TO for reaching a very impressive milestone.

9) More on Schobel.....10 sacks? This on a team that ranks # 32 against the run. He is a hell of a player and yes, he is worth every cent of his salary.

10) Marshawn whiffed on a crucial 3rd down block and dropped yet another pass in the 2nd quarter. Let the exorcism continue. Not that we could get one for him, but I would jump all over a 3rd round pick. Or even a 4th.

11) Brohm? He looked OK. He reminds me of a pre-getting his ba!!s kicked in Trent.

12) Happy Holidays and God bless all.

13. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill-you're going to have to be Father Merrin, given your age. :wub:

I'm thinking that Wood, when he returns (and he will) should revert to playing C, with Incognito and Levitre the starting guards. It'll mean re-signing the volatile tattooed one, but it's a risk I'd take. Hangartner can be the principal backup interior OLineman.

Schobel beat his man enough today to show he's recovered, which was a huge if entering the season. Hopefully the off-season will provide him sufficient rest, but they'll need to get someone who can not only be sold to RW and the fans, but the players as well.

The Bills will need to get creative to find their next QB, with the FA options being underwhelming and the draft not featuring someone (at this point) I'd take with the 7th-10th pick.

Actually, this comment will be met with total derision, but trade Aaron Schobel while he still has value! IF you're going to blow it up and the guy WAS talking retirement, trade him to a contender and get a nice return back. Strike while the iron is HOT, IMO. We've lost with him for 9 straight years, and frankly it is time for Aaron and the Bills to part ways for the good of both entities! There, I said it....

Note: Schobel HAS been a good player here and he deserves better, in a lot of respects, so this weighs in too!!

Actually, this comment will be met with total derision, but trade Aaron Schobel while he still has value! IF you're going to blow it up and the guy WAS talking retirement, trade him to a contender and get a nice return back. Strike while the iron is HOT, IMO. We've lost with him for 9 straight years, and frankly it is time for Aaron and the Bills to part ways for the good of both entities! There, I said it....

Note: Schobel HAS been a good player here and he deserves better, in a lot of respects, so this weighs in too!!

It's a fine idea, but I think you're a bit naive about its feasibility.

Riiiight, because some team is going to trade any more then a 7th for a downside of his career DE who is contemplating retirement....

Wait a minute guys, the Bills have a history here to consider. Ron McDole was traded to the Washington Redskins because the Bills, at the time, felt that he was over the hill, and his best was behind him. He went on to be a very productive member of the Skins and had more than a few years there. Aaron Schobel will NOT bring a high pick, I'm aware, but his value would be fairly high to a team that believes it can contend in 2010. The Bills, with the right GM and Head Coach might help revitalize his career here actually, but my point is that the Bills and Aaron might both benefit with a change of scenery in the coming year. Sacks are still at a primium in the NFL, and Schobel has produced them for 9 years now, minus injuries!!

And to think we could have had Cushing instead of Maybin in the draft. Cushing recorded his 4th interceptions this year. And has been a tackle monster in his rookie year for the Texans.

And even a healthy Keith Ellison would have been a backup on at least 1/2 the other teams in the NFL.

Riiiight, because some team is going to trade any more then a 7th for a downside of his career DE who is contemplating retirement....

Good point. It's easy to give up a 7th for a pass rushing DE with 10 sacks. It happens every year because there is simply an abundance of guys who can rush the passer.

Without a guy playing at as high a level as Schobel has this season (Yes I'm chowing on crow as I type this) around next season, we can basically kiss Maybin's development goodbye.

That's not the Buffalo Bill way. I mean, look at all the valuable, productive snaps Demetrius Bell got this past season without Jason Peters gobbling up all the snaps.

Good point. It's easy to give up a 7th for a pass rushing DE with 10 sacks. It happens every year because there is simply an abundance of guys who can rush the passer.

Jason Taylor returned a 2nd round pick in 2008 when he was a year older and had a very similar stat line (56 tackles, 11 sacks, 4 PD, 4 FFs, and 1 INT returned for a TD; Schobel's line with a game to go is 54 tackles, 10 sacks, 4 PD, 3 FFs, and 1 INT returned for a TD).

Jason Taylor returned a 2nd round pick in 2008 when he was a year older and had a very similar stat line (56 tackles, 11 sacks, 4 PD, 4 FFs, and 1 INT returned for a TD; Schobel's line with a game to go is 54 tackles, 10 sacks, 4 PD, 3 FFs, and 1 INT returned for a TD).

But his name is Jason Taylor, believe it or not, but that means something.

Bill-you're going to have to be Father Merrin, given your age. :lol:

I'm thinking that Wood, when he returns (and he will) should revert to playing C, with Incognito and Levitre the starting guards. It'll mean re-signing the volatile tattooed one, but it's a risk I'd take. Hangartner can be the principal backup interior OLineman.

Schobel beat his man enough today to show he's recovered, which was a huge if entering the season. Hopefully the off-season will provide him sufficient rest, but they'll need to get someone who can not only be sold to RW and the fans, but the players as well.

The Bills will need to get creative to find their next QB, with the FA options being underwhelming and the draft not featuring someone (at this point) I'd take with the 7th-10th pick.

I'd like to see Schobel work out hard in the off season (for once) and then play two more years.

We may have the dumbest fans ever. That wasn't Tasker genius. It was Steve Beuerlein. My God.

Yeah, because it only seems like Tasker calls all the Bills games. Forgive a long term poster for confusing the broadcasting duo. BTW, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I'd like to see Schobel work out hard in the off season (for once) and then play two more years.

78 career sacks in 132 career games says the guy is doing what he needs to do for this team. And with 10 sacks in 2009, he says his skills are declining.

So, not too much that you learned from this game. I guess we knew what this team is.

I would just say that only sign Incognito as a back-up. I would keep the Levitre-Hangaartner-Wood core as is.

I'd favor putting Wood at C, Incognito at RG, and Hangman at LG, with Levitre at LT. Finding a LT will be tough and the Bills have other needs to fill over the off-season.

Buffalo News reported today Wood is expected to be fine (Gaughan piece).

Link?

No.

Resign the good players, then draft to fill weaknesses. It's very simple. This concept of trading good players for draft picks leads to what you see on the field. If anything, the Bills should be looking to extend Shoebel's career by transitioning him to a situational player or possibly a LE on passing downs where he can face weaker RTs. Of course, this pre-supposes finding his eventual replacement at RE...

I'd favor putting Wood at C, Incognito at RG, and Hangman at LG, with Levitre at LT. Finding a LT will be tough and the Bills have other needs to fill over the off-season.

Link?

LT's have to be physically a certain size to take on the top RDE's in the NFL and 6'2" O lineman with short arms do not play the position. It's why teams pay so much attention at the combine to something which seems inane like arm length.

I think anyone with a pulse that follows this team knows you can't just plug anyone into the position and get even average results. And typically, NFL teams do not find them below the 2nd round in the draft, so finding them on the cheap a la Peters is not a route to count on.